look Just give up the fish

Started by Sheepy, December 15, 2020, 08:55:43 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 01:01:29 PM
What are you on about? Few fish species and shellfish are territorial.  The no fishing areas are spawning grounds.

What are you talking about? There are many sea fish that are territorial, 7 species of Wrasse, Bib, Dragonet, Pollock all inhabit wrecks and reefs without venturing too far.
And NO, MCZ's are not about spawning grounds, they are about protecting an area of significant marine interest, in some cases they are ridiculous. We had one set of buffoons come to our fishing club meeting and try and stick an MCZ right on our best fishing areas, the reason.... Our anchors could damage the sea bed :0, its nothing but flat sand for 100's of miles, apart from the 1000+ wrecks.

Like I said, spotty erk's come up with an idea in the pub and convince all the other spotty erk's that its the future. All you know is when some ecologist writes a report on what a fantastic success its all been, well it's not. As previously stated, there is cannibalism all over Lundy, Lobster, Crab all vying for the same space.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 15, 2020, 11:49:23 AM
All that happened was that the area got massively over crowded and they took to cannibalism.

What are you on about? Few fish species and shellfish are territorial.  The no fishing areas are spawning grounds.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Tbird

Quote from: Nick on December 15, 2020, 11:49:23 AM
OMG, fishing quotas for the EU members were set by the CFP and the NTZ's were implemented years ago. A no fishing zone was implemented around Lundy years ago with the intention that fish and lobsters would grow in stocks and then migrate out to populate a larger area. Well as usual the spotty university graduates that seem to control this kind of thing got it wrong once again. All that happened was that the area got massively over crowded and they took to cannibalism.
Even in the CFP, fishing ground WITHIN 12nm are exclusive to locals, yet EU fishing boats don't even abide it and just plunder the stock with super trawlers.....
Rules changes over time too so please stop that "historic fishing ground" crap, otherwise, British Isles was Viking's "traditional looting ground", should our cops stop them or not?

And, no offend, but every time some or our EU friends claiming "EU fishermen should be punished because UK choose to leave", I really want to talk him/her back with "they are punished because Brussel failed to attract UK choose to stay"

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 11:34:59 AM
There will still be quotas and no fishing areas in UK waters applied to British fishermen. Quotas will be set by CEFAS https://www.cefas.co.uk/

No fishing zones:-

https://fishingnews.co.uk/news/no-take-zones-plan/

OMG, fishing quotas for the EU members were set by the CFP and the NTZ's were implemented years ago. A no fishing zone was implemented around Lundy years ago with the intention that fish and lobsters would grow in stocks and then migrate out to populate a larger area. Well as usual the spotty university graduates that seem to control this kind of thing got it wrong once again. All that happened was that the area got massively over crowded and they took to cannibalism.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 11:13:01 AM
I know, and I also knew they would live to regret it.
Someone is living in denial.
UK fishermen seem very pleased about the whole thing.
I'm sure you can find the odd one that isn't and misrepresent his feelings as that of all or most UK fishermen. But to do so would be very self indulgent.

For examples of fishermen who are regretting it, look at France.
There you will see a lot of very unhappy fishermen openly and visibly regretting it.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 11:16:15 AM
It's not the fish it's the right to determine what goes on in our territorial waters. We might decide to limit fishing for the sake of stocks.

There will still be quotas and no fishing areas in UK waters applied to British fishermen. Quotas will be set by CEFAS https://www.cefas.co.uk/

No fishing zones:-

https://fishingnews.co.uk/news/no-take-zones-plan/

T00ts

It's not the fish it's the right to determine what goes on in our territorial waters. We might decide to limit fishing for the sake of stocks.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 15, 2020, 11:03:20 AM

You also have to remember that the vast majority of fishermen voted to leave.

I know, and I also knew they would live to regret it. 

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on December 15, 2020, 10:17:28 AM
No worries I was just wondering why the mass buying of bog roll, now I know.

And where they are being stored

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 09:47:51 AM
The problem is far more complicated than that.  If EU vessels are stopped from fishing in UK waters, 200 mile limit or centre distance.
British fishing vessels will be banned from EU waters and also the fish British vessels catch will be banned from EU markets.

Firstly we don't need EU waters, secondly you have no clue what will happen about U.K. fish come 1st Jan, you're just giving your opinion.

You also have to remember that the vast majority of fishermen voted to leave.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 10:14:02 AM
Nothing wrong with being prepared.
No worries I was just wondering why the mass buying of bog roll, now I know.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 15, 2020, 10:12:42 AM
Impending disasters are always impending in the corner of the fearful. It is a fact of life. This is the status quo in the world of smurf.

Nothing wrong with being prepared.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 10:06:09 AM
It isn't fear I am merely taking as many mitigating actions as I can because of the impending disaster.
Impending disasters are always impending in the corner of the fearful. It is a fact of life. This is the status quo in the world of smurf.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 15, 2020, 10:02:45 AM
Serious shocks is it, we used to wind up the mega and shock ourselves just for the fun of it. I am wallowing in your world of fear just for the hell of it.

It isn't fear I am merely taking as many mitigating actions as I can because of the impending disaster.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 09:58:34 AM
Sheepy, a very serious question, is your stupidity an act, or are you really that stupid.
It appears to me you are in for some very serious shocks next year.
Serious shocks is it, we used to wind up the mega and shock ourselves just for the fun of it. I am wallowing in your world of fear just for the hell of it.