Where do the UK's main political parties stand on Brexit now?

Started by GBNews, December 16, 2020, 01:12:46 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on December 17, 2020, 12:08:02 AM
Our Tony really was the world's worse on such matters. Not too bad on home affairs, but he could not see a foreigner's arse without trying to kiss it.

Or drop some TNT on it

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 16, 2020, 05:36:38 PM
The Tories are a remain party , they campaigned for  remain  and even put an arch remainer in charge of brexit (go figure ) Mayhems  best deal was BRINO . Johnson a late arrival into eurosceptic toryland  has tried I think to do what Mayhem could not but is finding few friends even in his own party .
At best the Tories are a European reform party and would jump at the chance to do it all again (or not to to be exact)

Labour are a remain party ,they campaigned for remain , said they would honour the referendum , then campaigned for BRINO . The want to stay in the EU but wont come out and say it . Their very few leavers have been side lined or outed from the party . Appointing Starmer has done little for their credibility or prospects of leavers votes .

Lib Dems at least are clear in what they say , remainers through and through and the party of dyed in the wool remoaners

DUP are the only Brexit party in parliament  which is ironic as they are the only party being shafted by the Tories in Brexit talks .

SNP are a almost as remain as the lib dems  and have every chance of breaking away from the UK when the dust of Brexit has settled

WELSH labour campaigned to overturn the referendum and openly state the current chaos is down to some people who thought we should leave. They ARE saying it. Scum
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 16, 2020, 11:31:22 PM
I read that the bstard Bliar was saying there shouldn't be a campaign to rejoin the eu,which means only one thing.

Our Tony really was the world's worse on such matters. Not too bad on home affairs, but he could not see a foreigner's arse without trying to kiss it.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

I read that the bstard Bliar was saying there shouldn't be a campaign to rejoin the eu,which means only one thing.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

The Parliamentary Tory Party and grassroots are largely pro Brexit.

The Parliamentary Labour Party is largely pro EU while the grassroots is probably less so.

The Lib Dems don't know what they are and don't count anyway.

The  Parliamentary SNP and grassroots are strongly pro EU, but they probably won't do much until the New Year when the dust has settled.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 16, 2020, 07:44:32 PM
That was with the oven ready deal in his pocket .  No deal is a bridge to far as much as brino is for others  .

Career Politian's will say or agree to anything to keep their gig  and the Tory party is full of them .

Yes that's right I remember now.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on December 16, 2020, 06:02:29 PM
But I thought BJ asked all MPs on his benches to agree to Brexit after the last GE. Or did I dream that?

That was with the oven ready deal in his pocket .  No deal is a bridge to far as much as brino is for others  .

Career Politian's will say or agree to anything to keep their gig  and the Tory party is full of them .   

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 16, 2020, 05:36:38 PM
The Tories are a remain party , they campaigned for  remain  and even put an arch remainer in charge of brexit (go figure ) Mayhems  best deal was BRINO . Johnson a late arrival into eurosceptic toryland  has tried I think to do what Mayhem could not but is finding few friends even in his own party .
At best the Tories are a European reform party and would jump at the chance to do it all again (or not to to be exact)

Labour are a remain party ,they campaigned for remain , said they would honour the referendum , then campaigned for BRINO . The want to stay in the EU but wont come out and say it . Their very few leavers have been side lined or outed from the party . Appointing Starmer has done little for their credibility or prospects of leavers votes .

Lib Dems at least are clear in what they say , remainers through and through and the party of dyed in the wool remoaners

DUP are the only Brexit party in parliament  which is ironic as they are the only party being shafted by the Tories in Brexit talks .

SNP are a almost as remain as the lib dems  and have every chance of breaking away from the UK when the dust of Brexit has settled

But I thought BJ asked all MPs on his benches to agree to Brexit after the last GE. Or did I dream that?

Streetwalker

GBNews

Where do the UK's main political parties stand on Brexit now?

With pressure mounting on securing a trade deal for post-Brexit Britain, we look at MPs' positions.

Source: Where do the UK's main political parties stand on Brexit now?