UNICEF should be Ashamed..For Feeding Deserving Hungry Kids: Rees Mogg

Started by Dynamis, December 18, 2020, 05:25:38 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 11:12:46 AM
The google search algorithms are so good at predicting "what you want" now, that it suggested this to me on a seemingly 'unrelated' note -

https://politics.theonion.com/robert-kennedy-jr-offers-to-get-autism-on-camera-to-pr-1845912814

:P :P :P :P

(talking of autism.. I see sheepwash is posting..)..

It's so blatant in one posters case you don't have to be a fecking doctor to see it

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 11:53:13 AM
Not just him that's being roasted this xmas.  ::)

But just saying - poverty has gone up in other constituencies partly because tories have reduced funding to Labour areas - this is a fact - partisan funding is a huge problem, and is very unfair, the exact same crap plays out in America.

It's true that even in Hastings we got less funding than in Eastbourne, where they are a lot less Labour-y .... a lot of people poiinted out this deep inconsistency. IIRC their ruined pier got govt funding where ours got charitable funding only.... not from govt. Just for example.
Thats it, labour can get their voters back shouting about poverty and bad Brexit and the NHS I wouldn't bet on it, they are populists now. We will follow Joe Bidens example, I wouldn't the US is split down the middle and civil wars are never readable. All we have to do is say those terrible Tories, we at Labour HQ don't have a track record to spout about of course. But they will be livid remain is winning in the EU negotiations, they will come running like little lambs.  Or they are letting us play out our hand?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2020, 11:41:34 AM
JRM is not telling the truth at all he is trying to divert attention from the nasty consequences of the hostile policies of his own government.  Judging by the roasting he is getting in the media/press nationally and internationally he has failed.

Not just him that's being roasted this xmas.  ::)

But just saying - poverty has gone up in other constituencies partly because tories have reduced funding to Labour areas - this is a fact - partisan funding is a huge problem, and is very unfair, the exact same crap plays out in America.

It's true that even in Hastings we got less funding than in Eastbourne, where they are a lot less Labour-y .... a lot of people poiinted out this deep inconsistency. IIRC their ruined pier got govt funding where ours got charitable funding only.... not from govt. Just for example.
+++

Sheepy

Yes Smurfy, this circus has a lot of clowns and not enough jugglers for my liking. Don't try and backtrack either.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 19, 2020, 11:40:50 AM
Britain's largest food network, The Trussell Trust was founded in 1997 in response to conditions the previous year - the Labour Party took office in 1997. So in that sense JRM is telling the truth.

JRM is not telling the truth at all he is trying to divert attention from the nasty consequences of the hostile policies of his own government.  Judging by the roasting he is getting in the media/press nationally and internationally he has failed.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

...found it.  ::) ;D

Anyway, the head of UNICEF was one Tony Lake who was a head CIA spook, largely responsible for facilitating the Rwandan genocide. I love the front of these agencies, they are amazing.

But doesn't it tell us something, when an agency that had a head guy as corrupt as that, is more moralistic than our own govt?

Or maybe not?

Whatever. Best put the aureomycin away and the prozac back (!)
+++

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2020, 11:38:49 AM
I just did and referenced it, 2000, not 1997.  There were very few food banks until Tory austerity started to bite:-

From the house of commons library:-

Britain's largest food network, The Trussell Trust was founded in 1997 in response to conditions the previous year - the Labour Party took office in 1997. So in that sense JRM is telling the truth.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 19, 2020, 11:34:08 AM
Trussel trust, look it up.

I just did and referenced it, 2000, not 1997.  There were very few food banks until Tory austerity started to bite:-

From the house of commons library:-

Sheepy

papasmurf

Sheepy

Anyway, food banks were introduced as far back as 1997, it could have been a lucky guess by Tony Blair, who knows. It has been a growth industry ever since.

Borg Refinery

Oh, I thought it was the EU that did it, along with the corporate step and the French fishermen, and the guys who developed COVID-19 in a lab for decades, that's my fun ruined! :( Do I even know what I'm talking about anymore, where's the prozac?!
+++

Sheepy

It is the others that got me banned not myself, honest guv.
Even Smurf was in on it.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 19, 2020, 10:49:51 AM
I try to have a laugh, but there are serious moments and I make a passing effort at levity. This place is more soap opera than serious, but it does have the bonus of being able to float a point now and again. Taking the piss (out of oneself too) is a great art

The google search algorithms are so good at predicting "what you want" now, that it suggested this to me on a seemingly 'unrelated' note -

https://politics.theonion.com/robert-kennedy-jr-offers-to-get-autism-on-camera-to-pr-1845912814

:P :P :P :P

(talking of autism.. I see sheepwash is posting..)..
+++

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.