UNICEF should be Ashamed..For Feeding Deserving Hungry Kids: Rees Mogg

Started by Dynamis, December 18, 2020, 05:25:38 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2020, 08:49:43 AM
It is only "politics" because they report with research and data the failing of the Tories to protect the poor and vulnerable.
The truth is not politics, the Tories just do not like the truth and actively try and suppress it.

Which political party doesn't, in fact these days what organisation doesn't? I see a society at present running like lemmings to follow whatever is the fashion of the hour. There is very little cohesive thought anywhere. We don't seem to have the ability to work together and pride lives with those who manage to disrupt the peace that we all so crave. The reasons for this don't belong in this section but I am beginning to despair of so many peoples' lack of ability to see the bigger picture.

This country and perhaps the world at large, is incapable of following the lead of even those elected to do the job. This can only end one way.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 19, 2020, 08:26:14 AM
We've all talked at length about poverty on this forum, and the answers to it are complex, and don't necessarily revolve around making gestures of virtue, or always taking the easiest or most popular policy choices. And in a way he's right - charities and NGOs playing politics is far too common

And I acknowledged Toots' grauniad link earlier in the thread and commented on that in detail too. That covers a lot of what you're talking about re NGO's etc being corrupt and playing politics, have a look further up if you missed it.

Where it all falls down is when people just jump on stuff like this; forcing a defensive tone out of other posters (like me) simply wishing to make a point. The extreme silly tone of someone like Borkie is fine by me, and I appreciate the humour, but others making rather nasty points about "the poor always this" etc sounds like wiggles to me, usually, and is straight out of the daily express...

We have discussed poverty yes, and even you and Javert seemed to agree that a LOT more needed to be done; and you seemed to concede that the Tories have thus far failed on mostly every metric imaginable.

So I'm not sure what your point is. What, that I employed goose fat to make a point?  :P Well pretty much everyone does it on here, most notably Borkie, I just thought I'd follow in the footsteps of not taking it all too seriously. And here you are.. trying to make me take it seriously, I won't concede!

I know you have it in for papasmurf, but he has a point that the truth is often actively suppressed by those with an agenda; they aren't always Tories as he incorrectly states, many others have done the same, but at the moment, as things stand in this country right now - it is definitely true that the govt is actively trying to run a disinformation campaign (as most govts do in some form or another btw, it is normal fare); but this govt's disinfo campaign is quite carefully targeted and organised and well-reported on by non-conspiritard types..

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-disinformation-twitter-facebook

^ Respectable IT nerd's site.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/31/british-army-facebook-warriors-77th-brigade

^ Respectable yogurt weavers' site.

Just sayin'. Expecting thermonuke bombs incoming now... ;)
+++

papasmurf

And in a way he's right - charities and NGOs playing politics is far too common

It is only "politics" because they report with research and data the failing of the Tories to protect the poor and vulnerable.
The truth is not politics, the Tories just do not like the truth and actively try and suppress it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

No, I'm glad you're back, someone else to take the piss out of  ;D

I'm always the under-dog on just about every forum I've ever been on. And have been 'permanently banned' also from every forum I've ever been on except this place and one other (and I'm not allowed to discuss what just happened on here... either).

It must be my winning personality! I read "how to make friends and influence" people, but ended up snarling at the book and ripping all the pages out as a true rottie.... and calling it liberal feckin bolshie bullshie!   :-X

QuoteBtw, I think you've totally misrepresented what the man said. I'm no lover of the tories, let alone Rees Mogg, but he never said anything remotely like "reserving all the wealth for the rich barons"

Yeah, of course I've over exaggerated what he said, that was what I was intending.. it was partially intended as an exaggerated joke to make a point, as people do from time to time, no offence with this patronising tone..  ;D but you are making a pretty silly point -

Hyperbole
Hyperbole, from a Greek word meaning "excess," is a figure of speech that uses extreme exaggeration to make a point or show emphasis. It is the opposite of understatement. You can find examples of hyperbole in literature and everyday speech.

I like to use exaggeration and understatement in "liberal" proportions in order to make points, this is normal. You are aware he's not lathered up in goose fat..

QuoteI'm often left shaking my head with weariness when someone who has a different opinion to the orthodox liberal view is cast as some uncaring tyrant/nazi/racist etc etc. Its not honest and it dis-invests the holder of any kind of value as a human being. Its the kind of villain making that belongs in fairy tales. We've all talked at length about poverty on this forum, and the answers to it are complex, and don't necessarily revolve around making gestures of virtue, or always taking the easiest or most popular policy choices. And in a way he's right - charities and NGOs playing politics is far too common

Well you're going to turn into Cromwell (or even smurf) and I claim my 2c, because you're obviously taking the jokey tone as completely serious. At no point were single or double quotemarks used in those sentences where I suggest he's lathered up in goose fat etc.

Bloody hell, come on.

Quote from: Dynamis on December 18, 2020, 05:25:38 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-55355951

Don't give the little bleeders any grub this xmas, reserve it all for the wealth creators; the wealthy rich barons lathered up in goose fat. This is like something out of a dickensian novel, really is. I don't know if in a few decades, some film adaptation of this period in history will be written and people like Rees Mogg will be depicted as just as callous as any Victorian baron.

And we are told endlessly that they are the compassionate party now under Boris and Sumac and Patel of course...

People must be deeply disappointed I'm posting again btw :( 😭
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on December 18, 2020, 05:25:38 PMDon't give the little bleeders any grub this xmas, reserve it all for the wealth creators; the wealthy rich barons lathered up in goose fat. This is like something out of a dickensian novel, really is. I don't know if in a few decades, some film adaptation of this period in history will be written and people like Rees Mogg will be depicted as just as callous as any Victorian baron.

And we are told endlessly that they are the compassionate party now under Boris and Sumac and Patel of course...

People must be deeply disappointed I'm posting again btw  😭

No, I'm glad you're back, someone else to take the piss out of  ;D

Btw, I think you've totally misrepresented what the man said. I'm no lover of the tories, let alone Rees Mogg, but he never said anything remotely like "reserving all the wealth for the rich barons"

I'm often left shaking my head with weariness when someone who has a different opinion to the orthodox liberal view is cast as some uncaring tyrant/nazi/racist etc etc. Its not honest and it dis-invests the holder of any kind of value as a human being. Its the kind of villain making that belongs in fairy tales. We've all talked at length about poverty on this forum, and the answers to it are complex, and don't necessarily revolve around making gestures of virtue, or always taking the easiest or most popular policy choices. And in a way he's right - charities and NGOs playing politics is far too common

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on December 18, 2020, 10:37:14 PM
SW's signature of "Never trust a Tory" may have been a clue.
Pardon?

I have the signatures turned off, as people in my experience usually post obnoxiously large pictures in them or ways of getting at other posters.

:P

Perhaps he doesn't trust himself?

Quote from: T00ts on December 18, 2020, 10:38:34 PM
I think he's worried about loss of balance!

What balance?  :P

Quote from: Nick on December 18, 2020, 10:39:42 PM
You think you're making a statement by quoting the opening two words of my post?

Quote where I've actually stated something and I'll engage with you, otherwise keep your quote manipulation to your self.

Nope just going on what you said and your general rhetoric, it's like Priti Patel on steroids or something.  :P Plus, you are used to making very accurate statements such as Australia locked down Victoria at the cost of 1billion $ per person, which you later admitted was only a small error (only s small error) and said it was actually 200mil per person when someone pulled you up on it.  :P :P And Cheshire is in Merseyside..
+++

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on December 18, 2020, 08:55:09 PM
So there are no vulnerable people, even though the Tories themselves say there are, and that more should be done to feed them? So you are saying the Tories themselves are lying about the extent of the problem?

You think you're making a statement by quoting the opening two words of my post?

Quote where I've actually stated something and I'll engage with you, otherwise keep your quote manipulation to your self.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 18, 2020, 10:37:14 PM
Pardon?

I think he's worried about loss of balance!

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis on December 18, 2020, 10:21:27 PM
In future, I will respectfully call you Not-a-Bloody-Tory...

QuoteJust make sure you don't have an ear infection.  ::) :P
Pardon?
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 18, 2020, 09:18:20 PM
If you dont know my politics then dont stick labels . I'll correct you , your wrong .

It's not my fault if you come across as a bloody Tory, you bloody Tory.

In future, I will respectfully call you Not-a-Bloody-Tory...

;)

Quote from: Barry on December 18, 2020, 10:01:04 PM
Be quiet in the back row!  ;D

Well you Welsh have a thing for livestock, so I assumed your posting of the pig via the duck was a starter where you're having sheep for later..

;D ::) :-*

Quote from: T00ts on December 18, 2020, 10:17:31 PM
In that case perhaps I should stand taller (maybe on one leg) and louder to achieve balance.

Just make sure you don't have an ear infection.  ::) :P
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 18, 2020, 09:55:15 PM
Hmmm. Probably.

In that case perhaps I should stand taller (maybe on one leg) and louder to achieve balance.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 18, 2020, 09:18:20 PM
If you dont know my politics then dont stick labels . I'll correct you , your wrong .
Quote from: Barry on December 18, 2020, 09:55:15 PM
Hmmm. Probably.
According to Cornwall HQ, I'm over to the right of Atilla the Hun.

PS cannot understand the use of the English Language, when pointed out he it wrong, it's spin. As I said the other day, I'll have my say, but it's pointless trying to educate the unteachable.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

+++