UNICEF should be Ashamed..For Feeding Deserving Hungry Kids: Rees Mogg

Started by Dynamis, December 18, 2020, 05:25:38 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 10:39:58 AM
Only to an extent, and you need to be very careful and accurate about that exact extent,

The diseases that have started to appear in Britain normally related to extreme poverty speak for themselves, the number of children needing  to be fed by charities outside of school holidays, the relentless rise in numbers needing food banks.
Tory MPs cognitive dissonance about it is disgusting.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 10:39:58 AMIt's not really a chore, or you wouldn't be here, presumably you find it funny and sometimes informative, I intend to be as autistic as possible in order to further increase its enjoyability, if that's even a word.

I try to have a laugh, but there are serious moments and I make a passing effort at levity. This place is more soap opera than serious, but it does have the bonus of being able to float a point now and again. Taking the piss (out of oneself too) is a great art

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2020, 10:25:11 AM
Why?  It is factually accurate.

Only to an extent, and you need to be very careful and accurate about that exact extent, otherwise you will end up giving the right wingers ammo to shoot you with, which is not nice is it.

What I'm trying to say, is that we have pockets of extreme poverty and deprivation and so on, but we are still what, quite high on the 'rich list' of countries. That is hard to deny.

Corbyn tried it and fullfact rebuked him a little...

https://fullfact.org/economy/uk-sixth-or-ninth-richest-country/

I'm just saying, being very accurate about what you say - or being completely childish and taking the piss - is the way to go..

I'm going to opt for the latter, as my posts tend to get deleted no matter what I do.  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P And you are partly responsible for getting me banned from that other forum I was on too, so thanks for that pappy. 👍✌👌🙌

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 19, 2020, 10:36:05 AM
I wasn't actually refering to you specifically. But yes, certain autistic posters do make this place a chore

It's not really a chore, or you wouldn't be here, presumably you find it funny and sometimes informative, I intend to be as autistic as possible in order to further increase its enjoyability, if that's even a word. ;)
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 10:22:04 AMAnd as for deliberately lying, well, just look at that latest thing I posted 'bout deliberately spreading lies by Mr Peter Bone. Anyway, I may be a little childish but I'm just trying to adjust to the tone of this place is all. 

I wasn't actually refering to you specifically. But yes, certain autistic posters do make this place a chore

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 19, 2020, 10:18:11 AM
It should also be a concern that a section of our politicians attempt to portray the UK as having 3rd world levels of poverty and suffering,

Why?  It is factually accurate.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 19, 2020, 10:10:09 AM
Not by me. Under dog, no. Crazy commie fruit bat, maybe  ;D

Anyway, I only said what I saw. Whatever motivates JRM I'm not entirely sure. But I am pretty sure he doesn't  want people to starve for the sake of it and I doubt he eats babies.

Well you say about playground politics etc, but let's face it, the Tories and 'right wingers' engage in that just as much as anyone else.

And as for deliberately lying, well, just look at that latest thing I posted 'bout deliberately spreading lies by Mr Peter Bone. Anyway, I may be a little childish but I'm just trying to adjust to the tone of this place is all.  :P
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar on December 19, 2020, 09:29:09 AMThe requirement and extent of Food Banks in the UK should be a concern regardless of political affliction.

It should also be a concern that a section of our politicians attempt to portray the UK as having 3rd world levels of poverty and suffering, rather than the problems of a 1st world economy. People are getting sick of the "if you don't agree with me you are a nasty person" response of childish left wing playground politicians, and that is why they can't get elected

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 08:44:33 AMI'm always the under-dog on just about every forum I've ever been on. And have been 'permanently banned' also from every forum I've ever been on except this place and one other (and I'm not allowed to discuss what just happened on here... either).

Not by me. Under dog, no. Crazy commie fruit bat, maybe  ;D

Anyway, I only said what I saw. Whatever motivates JRM I'm not entirely sure. But I am pretty sure he doesn't  want people to starve for the sake of it and I doubt he eats babies.

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on December 19, 2020, 09:29:09 AM
The requirement and extent of Food Banks in the UK should be a concern regardless of political affliction.

This is also a good reminder to lookup local food bank collection points near you, and if possible make a donation.

Precisely.

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 09:22:20 AM
Yeh that's what I was saying above. Agreed.

There is a lot of wisdom in that too... your quote is in fashion with me, no wait I'm tired of it already. No but seriously it's good wisdom.

Yes, we go on about "disrupters" of industry that 'transform' industry, for example, with sometimes much worse "innovations" with really silly stuff these days. All the new successful businesses in silicon valley and even in Israel's tech sector largely seem to be very silly little things, they're not genuinely innovative or whatever, several little "e-z banking apps" seem to be making the rounds not just over there, but in other places too, you know the "send money easily". Well, western union came up with that concept, it just wasn't "easy" or "convenient".

Convenience and heartsease of life's pleasures seems to be what things are geared to; to ease people into thinking life can just stay in stasis or whatever, as opposed to genuine innovation and progress being made, or at least that's a general trend I'm seeing. Perhaps this is all reading as so very, very shallow, but I hope I'm making some kind of sense.

We do need a large degree of peace and at least some cohesiveness and that is breaking apart. But then we chose 'disruptive' leaders such as Trump and Bojo to "break the peace we so crave" as you put it and break the cohesiveness too, I mean you want a strong break from institutions such as the EU and multiple intl courts and other such organisations don't you? Was that not your aim? To shake up and dsirupt our civil service and similar?

Do you know want a seismic shift in rights v responsibilities in this country?

It seemed like you were rather in favour of 'disruptive leadership' as I think they say in silicon valley; something which CUmmings liked to paraphrase, but as I saw it, he fell out of favour with you too, did he not?

So I feel we are all 'part and parcel' with this problem, it has been drummed into us that this is 'the way to be'.

100% agreed on all that, but you can hijack my thread and use it for that discussion as it's much more poignant, interesting and so on than the thread topic, which let's face it, is going to be hijacked by something or another anyway.

So go ahead, my thread is all yours toots, impress us with your eloquence and grace in your e-calligraphy; impress on us the finer points of this important topic and fly like a ballerina. =-)

Agreed but that's a failure in leadership largely IMHO.

I read it twice - but your point is?

Nalaar

The requirement and extent of Food Banks in the UK should be a concern regardless of political affliction.

This is also a good reminder to lookup local food bank collection points near you, and if possible make a donation.
Don't believe everything you think.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2020, 09:19:21 AM
I doubt you can find another political party in Britain that has a formal organisation to block freedom of information requests. (Headed by Michael Gove.)

Or one that tells its activists to lie.

Only the Tories are doing that.
(Already referenced elsewhere on the forum.)

Sure, but Nu Labour were pretty bad with suppressing the truth and may well have had Kelly 'offed'. Not just him either. But I don't want to get too deep into that, you can start another thread about this if you want, suppression of truth.

Heck, I started enough threads about it to last several universes.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2020, 09:12:53 AM
Which political party doesn't, in fact these days what organisation doesn't?

Yeh that's what I was saying above. Agreed.

QuoteI see a society at present running like lemmings to follow whatever is the fashion of the hour.

There is a lot of wisdom in that too... your quote is in fashion with me, no wait I'm tired of it already. No but seriously it's good wisdom.

QuoteThere is very little cohesive thought anywhere. We don't seem to have the ability to work together and pride lives with those who manage to disrupt the peace that we all so crave.

Yes, we go on about "disrupters" of industry that 'transform' industry, for example, with sometimes much worse "innovations" with really silly stuff these days. All the new successful businesses in silicon valley and even in Israel's tech sector largely seem to be very silly little things, they're not genuinely innovative or whatever, several little "e-z banking apps" seem to be making the rounds not just over there, but in other places too, you know the "send money easily". Well, western union came up with that concept, it just wasn't "easy" or "convenient".

Convenience and heartsease of life's pleasures seems to be what things are geared to; to ease people into thinking life can just stay in stasis or whatever, as opposed to genuine innovation and progress being made, or at least that's a general trend I'm seeing. Perhaps this is all reading as so very, very shallow, but I hope I'm making some kind of sense.

We do need a large degree of peace and at least some cohesiveness and that is breaking apart. But then we chose 'disruptive' leaders such as Trump and Bojo to "break the peace we so crave" as you put it and break the cohesiveness too, I mean you want a strong break from institutions such as the EU and multiple intl courts and other such organisations don't you? Was that not your aim? To shake up and dsirupt our civil service and similar?

Do you know want a seismic shift in rights v responsibilities in this country?

It seemed like you were rather in favour of 'disruptive leadership' as I think they say in silicon valley; something which CUmmings liked to paraphrase, but as I saw it, he fell out of favour with you too, did he not?

So I feel we are all 'part and parcel' with this problem, it has been drummed into us that this is 'the way to be'.

QuoteThe reasons for this don't belong in this section but I am beginning to despair of so many peoples' lack of ability to see the bigger picture.

100% agreed on all that, but you can hijack my thread and use it for that discussion as it's much more poignant, interesting and so on than the thread topic, which let's face it, is going to be hijacked by something or another anyway.

So go ahead, my thread is all yours toots, impress us with your eloquence and grace in your e-calligraphy; impress on us the finer points of this important topic and fly like a ballerina. =-)

QuoteThis country and perhaps the world at large, is incapable of following the lead of even those elected to do the job. This can only end one way.

Agreed but that's a failure in leadership largely IMHO.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2020, 09:12:53 AM
Which political party doesn't,

I doubt you can find another political party in Britain that has a formal organisation to block freedom of information requests. (Headed by Michael Gove.)

Or one that tells its activists to lie.

Only the Tories are doing that.
(Already referenced elsewhere on the forum.)