Main Menu

All British Coronavirus

Started by BeElBeeBub, December 19, 2020, 01:53:36 PM

« previous - next »

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 30, 2020, 08:43:17 AM
Well, as I think I said in another post, a mainstream news broadcast, I cannot now recall if it was the BBC or ITV or it might even have been Sky, showed a graphic that CLEARLY showed outbreaks of this newcomer across much of Western Europe.

If this country has been in lockdown to the extent claimed, it seems a little difficult for me to accept the current thinking that this is a UK originated variant. The degree of dispersion across western Europe and the timescale makes me very sceptical of allegations "London" or "Kent" are wholly to blame.....
I almost agree.

We will never be able to conclusively know where the "British Variant" arose.  Maybe it was the UK, maybe somewhere else.

It has been pointed out the UK has particularly effective monitoring of strains (and chance meant we were better placed to track it) so it may be an example that we were simply the first to identify it.

Unfortunately none of that matters and this was almost inevitably going to end up being called "the British Variant" or some variation (boom boom) thereof.

We may even get unluckily stuck as the general moniker for all high transmission variants even if they didn't emerge in the UK (see the variant identified in SA).

And so "the Chinese flu" will become "the British Variant" and maybe some of those here enthusiastically calling in "china virus" or "kung flu" will realise what it feels like when your nationality becomes tied to a disease.

Or maybe not.

All a bit unfortunate.

Thomas

Average age of those who died after testing positive for coronavirus in scotland is 79 years old.

Average life expectancy for a man in scotland is 77 years old. Dont forget in glasgow the average life expectancy for a man under the old labour council was 58 years old , one of the worst if not the worst in the western world.

Covid people are living longer than ordinary folk in glasgow and scotland.

unbelievable.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 30, 2020, 08:48:02 AM
The Sampan's Snots? Quite flattering really, although it it would would be nice to include UK or Britain or some such in the title. And the British Variant? I dare say that will have them swooning in the streets in Islington, but for the rest of us, well, not exactly punchy is it?

Getting boring isnt it now borkie ?

Dont know if you have seen the video doing the rounds about a woman walking around gloucester hospital showing the place as feckin empty , and asking why they are being locked down?

She says where is this second wave , where are all the people?

Daughter just came through and showed it to us.

https://planetradio.co.uk/greatest-hits/gloucestershire/news/gloucestershire-nhs-bosses-deny-their-hospitals-are-empty/

Local health bossess were forced to come out and provide a statement saying this wasnt the case and all the usual attempts to rubbish the video thrown in.

im finding the same though at our local hosital . Whenever i speak to various people i know that work at there, depending on who you talk to , its everything from armageddon and people dropping like flies  , to sitting around with their feet up relaxing and having a coffee.

Dont know whats worse about this virus , the reality of it or the hysteria being spread by doomongers like beelbeeb and their chinese whispers.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on December 30, 2020, 08:30:02 AM

naughty people voting to leave the eu , are now being punished by having the democracy virus as sampan calls it named after them?

That`ll teach them beelbeeb. >:(

The Sampan's Snots? Quite flattering really, although it it would would be nice to include UK or Britain or some such in the title. And the British Variant? I dare say that will have them swooning in the streets in Islington, but for the rest of us, well, not exactly punchy is it?

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Well, as I think I said in another post, a mainstream news broadcast, I cannot now recall if it was the BBC or ITV or it might even have been Sky, showed a graphic that CLEARLY showed outbreaks of this newcomer across much of Western Europe.

If this country has been in lockdown to the extent claimed, it seems a little difficult for me to accept the current thinking that this is a UK originated variant. The degree of dispersion across western Europe and the timescale makes me very sceptical of allegations "London" or "Kent" are wholly to blame.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

HDQQ

Because of the unfortunate coincidence of timing, it could be called Brexititis.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sampanviking

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on December 19, 2020, 01:53:36 PM
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/statement-from-chief-medical-officer-professor-chris-whitty-about-new-strain-of-covid-19

Names for this new homegrown all British Variant?

"The English Pox"
"Kent Flu"
"Dover-virus"
"Limey's disease"

Any other suggestions ?

The Democracy Virus  ;D

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on December 22, 2020, 12:21:34 PM
Were you looking for a name for the new variant?
How about the Brazil Bug?
https://inews.co.uk/news/analysis/coronavirus-variant-uk-experts-confident-transmissable-explained-803696

So those who make a fuss about it should be known as ...wait for it, wait for it

Brazil nuts !!   :) :) :)

Sorry, could not resist.  :) :)

I blame my sister in law. Apparently the bug was first found in Kent and would have been located earlier had not Gwen, being a cheery, positive sort of lass, served it up with the Sunday lunch.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Barry

Spokeswoman for the WHO today announced that the new variant VUI 2020/01 acts no differently to the other known strains.
Does that mean the 70% more contagious story was a government error?
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on December 21, 2020, 10:05:58 AM
Eczema and lepros1y are both skin conditions.

Not the same tho.

CV is not flu,. You said "We are dealing with a particularly nasty strain of a generic flu type virus , and flu as we all know has been about in various forms for millenia."

I'll accept that above statment could be using the colloquial "flu" to mean "winter respiratory illness".  Fair enough but then you go on....

i said  "flu type virus" , and i stand by that. I also backed it up by providing a link which said the same thing , and in which it gave examples of being flu like.

More and more hyperbole creeping into your posts as the days go by beelbeeb.

Sheepy

I never said there wasn't Covid, I said there was a complete over re-action. Which is true, even Ducky admitted I am correct. This is just the latest twist.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on December 21, 2020, 10:05:58 AMSheepy, Barry, Borchester, JoG are all (I don't think they would argue) pro hard brexit, and all are (again I don't think they would argue) on the "Covid minimising" side.
Funny that, isn't it?
It's reflected all over media and the Brexiters want to open up the country and get Britain back working.
The remainers want to lock down until nobody dies, ever.
Interesting
† The end is nigh †