Live Coronavirus latest news: Christmas cancelled as London and South East

Started by Borchester, December 19, 2020, 04:39:07 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Well, Hasrtings & Rother are now in Tier 4, that's fantastic. SO they really do want to cancel xmas in this place.

This is fairly unbelievable
+++

Borchester

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 09:06:55 PM
BS.

May and Boris have gotten EXACTLY what they deserved. They were terrible PM's who deserved the 'enhanced scrutiny'.

May was particularly one of the worst, most indecisive PM's we've ever had in this country's history.

They deserve the slack they got for their poor performance, can you think of any other job where they wouldn't have been fired pretty early on? And I want you to be honest.

It's not like the 'great performance' at the NI Assembly is much better, do you think they should be 'cut some slack' too with corrupt politicians like Arlene Foster? Cash for ash? And that Mrs Robinson scandal years before? And all the other bullcrap that Sinn Fein have done as well?

Should they also be "cut some slack"?

No.

Well, if a Lib Dem such as Dyno doesn't like Boris then maybe BoJo is not so bad. Maybe he will do until Priti Patel is ready for the job.
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nalaar on December 19, 2020, 07:54:44 PM
I'm not sure if I'd call it a lack of humanity, but I certainly think over the last few years there has been a real upping of the ante when it comes to scrutinizing PMs, starting (I think) when May took office, and carrying over into Johnston's terms (and I don't expect it would have been any less of Corbyn was in office either). Just a real sense of antithesis of respect for the office and any decisions it makes.

BS.

May and Boris have gotten EXACTLY what they deserved. They were terrible PM's who deserved the 'enhanced scrutiny'.

May was particularly one of the worst, most indecisive PM's we've ever had in this country's history.

They deserve the slack they got for their poor performance, can you think of any other job where they wouldn't have been fired pretty early on? And I want you to be honest.

It's not like the 'great performance' at the NI Assembly is much better, do you think they should be 'cut some slack' too with corrupt politicians like Arlene Foster? Cash for ash? And that Mrs Robinson scandal years before? And all the other bullcrap that Sinn Fein have done as well?

Should they also be "cut some slack"?

No.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2020, 05:40:34 PM
That's just being intolerant. Where is your humanity? Do you think this is all unnecessary? We don't have all the info. They look as though they are telling it all but their actions seem to say that there is a lot more that they aren't saying presumably because of possible panic. This is where we need to support not cause anarchy.

You're a nice girl toots, but you do half come out with some rubbish, reserve your understanding and tolerance for those who actually deserve it, not that stupid tit who comes out with corkers like this -

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/18/boris-to-resign-in-spring-because-his-150000-salary-is-too-low-13441960/

Come on, where is your understanding for those who have worked much harder than him and got zero recognition? All you ever do is lambast others, like the 'inefficient NHS'; who's staff have worked their asses off to keep the country going. What is all that about?

Borkie is right, he deserves zero understanding when that's what his personality is like, and you can clearly see for yourself how ruthless he is. We aren't supposed to be 'understanding' towards ruthless folks who wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire.

Just saying.

Anyway whatever. I haven't read the rest of the thread because frankly, it looks like the traffic in Dover.  8)
+++

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on December 19, 2020, 08:50:24 PM
Corbyn, getting the Labour leadership and following surge in popular support, showed a desire among (particularly young) voters for straightforward and principled plain speaking.
Unfortunately for him, he was never able to shake off the hard Left advisors and become an establishment "politician".
The UK was lucky — with a bit more real coaching, and the wind changing direction a little further, he could have become PM...

Thank you I have been really short on giggles for a couple of day.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 19, 2020, 08:50:24 PM
Corbyn, getting the Labour leadership and following surge in popular support, showed a desire among (particularly young) voters for straightforward and principled plain speaking.
Unfortunately for him, he was never able to shake off the hard Left advisors and become an establishment "politician".
The UK was lucky — with a bit more real coaching, and the wind changing direction a little further, he could have become PM...

Labour was never going to be able to form a majority government anyway.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2020, 06:34:34 PM
Would you please care to explain how Corbyn could be in Number 10 please.
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2020, 05:19:15 PM
I think that's very unfair. BJ looks absolutely shattered. They would not have done this and risk the brickbats from people who disagree if it wasn't essential.
Neither Churchill nor Thatcher wilted when they were needed to lead.
Boris is dangerously close to failing in the job he's schemed for, over many years — Boris is looking like an Eden, not a Churchill...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2020, 05:40:34 PM
That's just being intolerant. Where is your humanity? Do you think this is all unnecessary? We don't have all the info. They look as though they are telling it all but their actions seem to say that there is a lot more that they aren't saying presumably because of possible panic. This is where we need to support not cause anarchy.

I'm not sure if I'd call it a lack of humanity, but I certainly think over the last few years there has been a real upping of the ante when it comes to scrutinizing PMs, starting (I think) when May took office, and carrying over into Johnston's terms (and I don't expect it would have been any less of Corbyn was in office either). Just a real sense of antithesis of respect for the office and any decisions it makes.
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2020, 06:49:01 PM
If he had managed to win the last election as he expected he would have been in BJ's seat.

How could he have won the last election?

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on December 19, 2020, 06:39:18 PM

It has never been an easy job for him. But it's the top job, and it should fall to someone acting with far more certainty.

Bojo-The-Clown has never been fit to be Prime Minister.

T00ts

If he had managed to win the last election as he expected he would have been in BJ's seat.

Sheepy

He couldn't smurfy, he told us straight the Labour party had no intention of carrying out the majority of the electorates wishes.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2020, 06:14:12 PM
A voter? Come on Borchester you know that's just a knee jerk reaction. I would imagine that once Brexit is done you will move on anyway but look around - where is the political disagreement? Are any of the other parties jumping up and down in opposition? No - because they know there is little else that any government can do, not just here but all over the world. We all know that BJ has a double poisonous chalice here and I would imagine that there are a lot of politicians past and present thanking their lucky stars that they are not in the hot seat at this moment.

Whether you are a Conservative or not the prospect of Corbyn in No 10 at this moment would be laughable if it wasn't so serious. Starmer is amazingly quiet - is he still isolating conveniently? We need to start recognising just how much is at stake now and knuckle down, enough people have played it their own way and look where it has left us.

Boris,s  mistake is to have ever got into his present position. The science warned him against his early position on the Christmas issue. And the opposition tried to get him to clean his obvious mistake up on more than one occasion , just this Wednesday he was more intent on scoring silly points on Starmer, than taking his advice and  then doing more or less what he has now done then ,or even before Starmer raised the issue. What was Starmer, in his eyes ? " A golfer with just one club." What dismissive arrogant nonsense that has turned out to be.
It has never been an easy job for him. But it's the top job, and it should fall to someone acting with far more certainty.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2020, 06:14:12 PM

Whether you are a Conservative or not the prospect of Corbyn in No 10 at this moment would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.