Live Coronavirus latest news: Christmas cancelled as London and South East

Started by Borchester, December 19, 2020, 04:39:07 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 21, 2020, 08:40:48 AM

It's not f**king rocket science Dyno...

The t&t goblin called my phone and as soon as she realised I caught it from the wife, my wheelie bin goes out more than I do and my main income stream now is my YouTube channel on how to be a hermit while under house arrest, she ticked the boxes on me off and asked me to pass my phone to my wife ....

Job sorted...

And you automagically assume the process is as uniform as that for every household...
+++

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 10:18:52 PM
Test and Trace suddenly hits 92% of contacts after big change to counting method

The privatised service now counts an entire household as being traced once one member has been contacted

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-test-trace-suddenly-hits-23182362

It's hard to imagine such a huge level of incompetence and manipulative machiavellian behaviour from any govt, they just shift ground when they're caught out and massage and manipulate; to confuse & reconvince the plebs that they're doing everything in their power to right the ship.

It's completely out of order.

It's not f**king rocket science Dyno...

The t&t goblin called my phone and as soon as she realised I caught it from the wife, my wheelie bin goes out more than I do and my main income stream now is my YouTube channel on how to be a hermit while under house arrest, she ticked the boxes on me off and asked me to pass my phone to my wife ....

Job sorted...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on December 20, 2020, 11:03:33 PM
The French have obviously taken the new mutant strain of the virus very seriously and closed the Eurotunnel. Many countries have banned flights from the UK. Chaos at Heathrow.
I hope they weren't bigging up the minor variant, because if they were it just backfired, big time.

I have to say if WE had done this when Germans Italians and Frenchmen had started dropping with this pox .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2020, 06:49:58 PM
How could he have won the last election?

Well it's pretty clear too me Toots is saying IF he had at the 2019 election when he was still then actually the leader of the opposition. And not making any particular claim he would be in number ten soon. If only the Labour party had been so good at understanding electoral mood ...

Barry

The French have obviously taken the new mutant strain of the virus very seriously and closed the Eurotunnel. Many countries have banned flights from the UK. Chaos at Heathrow.
I hope they weren't bigging up the minor variant, because if they were it just backfired, big time.
† The end is nigh †

Nalaar

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 09:06:55 PM
BS.

May and Boris have gotten EXACTLY what they deserved. They were terrible PM's who deserved the 'enhanced scrutiny'.

May was particularly one of the worst, most indecisive PM's we've ever had in this country's history.

They deserve the slack they got for their poor performance, can you think of any other job where they wouldn't have been fired pretty early on? And I want you to be honest.

It's not like the 'great performance' at the NI Assembly is much better, do you think they should be 'cut some slack' too with corrupt politicians like Arlene Foster? Cash for ash? And that Mrs Robinson scandal years before? And all the other bullcrap that Sinn Fein have done as well?

Should they also be "cut some slack"?

No.

Scrutiny, yes, but the sustained level of hostility, no. I don't think the outcome is good for anyone, engaged in it or not.
Don't believe everything you think.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on December 19, 2020, 10:27:22 PM
The problem is Dyno, half the population hang on their every word and want the lockdowns to go on till next year, they love it so much.
Stockholm syndrome. Mental recovery will take years.

And your solution is total herd immunity, which is no better than "lock us down forever"; such types, who as you say are suffering from some mental conditioning problem.

They're two extremes; both of which are not welcomed by the majority.

We just want reasonably competent govt to do the right thing, it really isn't rocket science. And here people are dancing all around the street around that basic problem and making it more complex than it is.
+++

Streetwalker

Most of Europe and some countries worldwide have brought  in stricter measures (more strict than ours ) in attempt to reduce the spread of the pandemic .  Whatever anyone thinks of lockdowns are they all wrong , indeed is the science wrong that they say they are following ?

Johnson in fairness is damned whatever he does . At the start he was condemned for not shutting down earlier like other nations had ,now he is condemned for  shutting down like other nations have .

Its not the end of the world (we hope ) to keep Christmas in house ,the kids will learn to cook their own Turkey and for once I can do as I please without having to run around making sure everyone else has a good time

Barry

The problem is Dyno, half the population hang on their every word and want the lockdowns to go on till next year, they love it so much.
Stockholm syndrome. Mental recovery will take years.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Test and Trace suddenly hits 92% of contacts after big change to counting method

The privatised service now counts an entire household as being traced once one member has been contacted

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-test-trace-suddenly-hits-23182362

It's hard to imagine such a huge level of incompetence and manipulative machiavellian behaviour from any govt, they just shift ground when they're caught out and massage and manipulate; to confuse & reconvince the plebs that they're doing everything in their power to right the ship.

It's completely out of order.
+++

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 10:11:38 PMHow did we end up in Tier 4?
The government decided to send in teams to test thousands of perfectly healthy schoolkids who were carrying the virus and are just getting on with their lives helping herd immunity get along.
But the government want to instil herd immunity with their incompletely tested friend's vaccine. Its a casedemic in Kent. The hospitals are still not full.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on December 19, 2020, 10:06:39 PM
It's what you want, isn't it Dyno? To control the virus. Drive the virus down.
Stay alert and control the invisible?
I thought you were in favour of these essential lockdowns.
I've said enough times I'm not, and given my reasons.

100% bollocks Barry, you've had detailed conversations with me about this so I know for a fact you are lying now.

I've said we needed fine-grained lockdowns to stop the virus spreading from place to place, and with a competent govt I know this is more than possible - the contagion hasn't been stopped. We had the lowest cases in the whole country not too long ago if you recall?

How did we end up in Tier 4?

Because the contagion wasn't properly managed exactly as I'm stating.

It's not that difficult to grasp - other countries have managed it exceedingly well, we just haven't. Some countries have managed to have fine grained lockdowns in certain places, ok some places will have tougher lockdowns than others, but as long as they are properly implemented it means that we don't end up with the virus in places like Hastings with the lowest cases in the country.

What do you want me to say?

You voted for that Bozo who just about everyone is saying has fecked this up, don't blame me. Now I'm not asserting that Corbyn would've been much better because truthfully I don't know, but it's hard to imagine anyone could do this badly.....

No, this is not at all what I wanted. So don't say it is, because that's just not true.
+++

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis on December 19, 2020, 09:37:49 PM
Well, Hasrtings & Rother are now in Tier 4, that's fantastic. SO they really do want to cancel xmas in this place.

This is fairly unbelievable
It's what you want, isn't it Dyno? To control the virus. Drive the virus down.
Stay alert and control the invisible?
I thought you were in favour of these essential lockdowns.
I've said enough times I'm not, and given my reasons.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Borchester on December 19, 2020, 09:32:29 PM
Well, if a Lib Dem such as Dyno doesn't like Boris then maybe BoJo is not so bad. Maybe he will do until Priti Patel is ready for the job.

I am rather partial to Swinson's gappy teeth  ::) I feel she could've run the country into the ground much better than Boris, but more importantly, in a timely fashion, but she would've appeased the guardian while doing so which is the important thing here.

Nothing else matters.

The fattie pensioners voting for fattie (I'm referring to Swinson here.. but equally applies to BoJo I guess) will most likely not be too fussed about the performance about either Swinson or Bojo and will remain blindly loyal and supportive regardless.

Like, they could shoot someone in the head in the street as Trump said he could get away with, and they'd cheer it on based on bending theeir respective ideologies to fit that narrative; but more importantly, James Twottington-Burbage the 'shattered' of Oswestry can hunt plebs on his horse in the forests while people cheer this on as necessary for 'economic growth'.

(shrugs)

It's what keeps the country running.. ;)

And Pat will as usual be sitting in his ivory tower and suggesting we needed Starmer to save us..

+++