Truch drivers' sandwiches in peril

Started by patman post, December 19, 2020, 07:17:13 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2020, 11:25:21 AM
Do you not realise this is a political stunt by the EU with absolutely no basis?

It is nothing of the kind, all that is being done is applying the rules and regulations the EU applies to all non EU countries.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2020, 08:21:21 PM
Seriously I really think a lot of people did not realise the implications.  (However anyone who watches the various airport/border security programs on Freeview would know. There will be a vast range of food stuffs banned crossing borders.)

Do you not realise this is a political stunt by the EU with absolutely no basis?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Barry on December 19, 2020, 10:40:56 PM
True, possible. But H is 2 letters from H on my keyboard. I could better understand trucj or trucl or even trucm but truching heck!
How does fat fingered typing while doing the cub salute fit...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: patman post on December 19, 2020, 10:25:40 PM(or fat fingered posters)
True, possible. But H is 2 letters from H on my keyboard. I could better understand trucj or trucl or even trucm but truching heck!
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on December 19, 2020, 10:31:09 PM
What happens if they buy them on the ferry — does which side of the Channel are they officially from depend on the direction of crossing...?

Presumably they would have to eat them on the ferry! It's not rocket science! 8)

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2020, 08:49:45 PM
For goodness sake - is it beyond the wit of truck drivers to manage to buy their sandwiches on the appropriate side of the channel?
What happens if they buy them on the ferry — does which side of the Channel are they officially from depend on the direction of crossing...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

It's a lorry for up market drivers who don't drop their aitches...

(or fat fingered posters)

Barry

Asking for Cornwall readers. What is a truch please?
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

The viscous personal attacks against the French-Algier piddle pot trucker twots are too much, it's too much, too much winning.  ;D

Anyway, piddle pot son of a pease pudding, we are certain that sandwiches will cause the country to sink beneath the waves because the media have told us, so we must willingly obey this and start stamping our feet up and down to be sure it does.

There's such a thing as "believing making it happen".

What I mean is, if we believe there will be disaster, we will subconsciously enact it upon ourselves; politicians have to believe in themselves - in the country. There's a serious point in there somewhere, maybe.

And let's face it, this hugely demoralizing story will destroy people's confidence in the country completely, and we will be doomed.

Believe in yourself Britain, you can sandwich, you can pee in a bottle, you can do it..
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 19, 2020, 09:07:07 PM
Exactly Toots. Nothing wrong with them peeing in bottles, but can't they empty the bloody things when they stop rather than chucking them into hedgerows? They sit there month after month until they start to boil in the May sunshine and then the bottles burst and the scent of the darling buds of May is drowned by the aroma of matured piddle.

Gits

Last time I pulled up in a truckers stop they must have run out of bottles. If ever there was a reason to wear a mask that was it!   :o   :-[

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2020, 08:56:34 PM
They will do what truckers always do.

Exactly Toots. Nothing wrong with them peeing in bottles, but can't they empty the bloody things when they stop rather than chucking them into hedgerows? They sit there month after month until they start to boil in the May sunshine and then the bottles burst and the scent of the darling buds of May is drowned by the aroma of matured piddle.

Gits
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

For goodness sake - is it beyond the wit of truck drivers to manage to buy their sandwiches on the appropriate side of the channel?

Yes, but the media is desperate for news so come out with any old crap so as to put something between the increasingly rare ads.

Mind you, things are looking a bit odd in Johnny Foreigner land. This property sits on two thirds of an acre of land, has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and is going for the price of a second hand garden shed on the right side of Channel.
https://www.french-property.com/sale-property/1-IFPC26649?source=featured-search   

Maybe the French government don't want the locals to realise that other nationals eat on a regular basis.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2020, 08:51:47 PM
A bit difficult in a 20 mile long traffic queue. ( A bigger problem is where are they supposed to go to the toilet.)

They will do what truckers always do.

papasmurf

A bit difficult in a 20 mile long traffic queue. ( A bigger problem is where are they supposed to go to the toilet.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts