General election 2019: Brexit Party will not stand in Tory seats

Started by Borchester, November 11, 2019, 01:04:02 PM

« previous - next »

Churchill

Nobody gets everything right all the time , Boris did mess up at times Livingstone did ,, yes I formed my opinion on all of them as I live in London experienced all three of them whilst in office, out of the three Boris was OK most of the time.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Churchill post_id=5437 time=1573543775 user_id=69
I am not a Londoner but I have lived in London for a long time so remember Livingstone well when he was the head of the Greater London Authority which had overall charge of Councils in London.

Very high spending totally overmanned and out of touch with local issues that was a haven for the far left and did not deliver what the people paid for wanted or needed

That is why I remember him for all the wrong reasons, Thatcher got rid of the GLA and things improved now we have Khan the narcissistic self publicist

That's your subjective opinion, polling and much else says otherwise.

Boris kind of failed in office as usual..

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-boris-johnsons-broken-promises-as-london-mayor">https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... ndon-mayor">https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-boris-johnsons-broken-promises-as-london-mayor

You won't even touch links with a 10 ft bargepole so I expect no acknowledgement of that.

That said, even though he's better than Boris (or Khan), he was still responsible for a lot of bad stuff like gentrification; and was a Nu Lab stooge masquerading as an old lab lefty...well nevermind, I guess it is history.

I suppose we should conveniently forget Boris's record as foreign sec as well....
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=5441 time=1573548287 user_id=75
Mr Farage seemd desperate to convince the Conservatives to let hiim try and win a few seats but it lools like Mr Johnson isn't interested or at least willing to make the Conservatives look weak by making a deal.

A BXP candidate phoned into LBC royally pissed off that he'd been pulled after all the work he and his supporters had done (They don't have members as far as I know).

It seems Mr Farage is happy to throw his candidates and supporters under the bus when it suits him. That's a quick way to lose both.

^ This x10
+++

Churchill

Exactly in the staunch Labour constituencies it gives the 5 million Labour voters who voted to leave two choices, the Tories who some may not really want to vote for the old enemy, and a second choice of the Brexit Party instead.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Nick

Mr Farage seemd desperate to convince the Conservatives to let hiim try and win a few seats but it lools like Mr Johnson isn't interested or at least willing to make the Conservatives look weak by making a deal.

A BXP candidate phoned into LBC royally pissed off that he'd been pulled after all the work he and his supporters had done (They don't have members as far as I know).

It seems Mr Farage is happy to throw his candidates and supporters under the bus when it suits him. That's a quick way to lose both.

Its nothing to do with thowing cndidates under the bus, it's about delivering Brexit, the sole reason for the BXP to exits. Farage is doing the best he can to facilitate a Conservative majority which will then be able to further negotiate a deal. The EU will have nowhere to hide, it will either be a good deal or WTO.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

That's show business.

Farage is doing the best he can with a poor hand. His support is leaking away and even if it weren't he knows he has little chance of picking up any significant number of seats. But it is unlikely that many of his supporters are going to turn through 180 degrees and vote for remain, so it is a plus for both BoJo and Nigel
Algerie Francais !

Churchill

As I see it.

Farage wants to try and win seats to put Brexit Party MP's in the Commons as he stated on the TV this morning to ensure Boris keeps his promise not to allow an extension of Brexit beyond the end of next year, with no political legislation ties to the EU at all when we leave

That is why he has chosen not to put candidates up against seats held by the Tory's at the present time and spit the vote locally if he did many of the seats in the South may well be won by the Liberals which could mean a second referendum and Brexit could be stopped, which would undermine our democracy even more.

However he will put candidates up for election in Remain Constituencies to try and win them, also in traditional Labour safe where if you put a red rosette on a donkey Labour would win, seats that no Tory has ever had a snowballs chance of winning for decades.

The rest is down to the people

Ciaphas

Sheepy

But then as Barry said,people won't risk not voting for the Westminster party,probably not because they think they are doing a good job,because they don't,but because stepping over that imaginary line is a risk too far.

So in that way,the pressure is put back on Boris and the Tories.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Churchill

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=5399 time=1573506868 user_id=98
If you accept Nick's metrics, then he was very popular as mayor according to many polls; and he came within a cat's whisker of Bojo at the polls.

Oddly enough, non-Londoners seem to have the strongest opinions on Ken as mayor.

I am not a Londoner but I have lived in London for a long time so remember Livingstone well when he was the head of the Greater London Authority which had overall charge of Councils in London.

Very high spending totally overmanned and out of touch with local issues that was a haven for the far left and did not deliver what the people paid for wanted or needed

That is why I remember him for all the wrong reasons, Thatcher got rid of the GLA and things improved now we have Khan the narcissistic self publicist

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=5426 time=1573513260 user_id=63

BUT what of those seats where a remainturd tory has been re-selected.

Up the road in Stourbridge, Margot James stepped down, (She was 1 of the 21 who lost the whip, she regained it but obviously thinks her time is up).

So what have they done, replaced her with Suzanne Webb who says she vote remain in the reffo, but is now a Brexiteer.

:roll:  :roll:

https://www.dudleynews.co.uk/news/18022754.stourbridge-conservatives-select-new-parliamentary-candidate/">//https://www.dudleynews.co.uk/news/18022754.stourbridge-conservatives-select-new-parliamentary-candidate/
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=5426 time=1573513260 user_id=63
Well you SAY it will not split the vote.

What of Brecon and Radnorshire, where the tory party chose to reselect the criminal fraudster the electorate had just gone to some lengths to evict following his criminal conviction

And what of the labourite turned cottageburner marxist turned tory for the bribes paid to her dad to give her a job that is our tory candidate ? Fortunately, I think the brexit Party will be standing someone here. I don't know and I won't until thursday

But I do think Nigel has sold us out.

Incredibly, there is a story doing the rounds that Boris, in their cosy little chat, offered him a peerage. Well, it seemed to have done the trick.

Exactly - echoed my thoughts.

Others have posted about some kind of Con - Lab pact in Scotland to fight the SNP, similarly exposing their corruption too.

Frankly, none of the parties running in this election are fit to run a pissup in a brewery and are all total sellouts. I'd say the SNP are about the closest thing to 'honest and straightforward'.
+++

johnofgwent

Well you SAY it will not split the vote.

What of Brecon and Radnorshire, where the tory party chose to reselect the criminal fraudster the electorate had just gone to some lengths to evict following his criminal conviction

And what of the labourite turned cottageburner marxist turned tory for the bribes paid to her dad to give her a job that is our tory candidate ? Fortunately, I think the brexit Party will be standing someone here. I don't know and I won't until thursday

But I do think Nigel has sold us out.

Incredibly, there is a story doing the rounds that Boris, in their cosy little chat, offered him a peerage. Well, it seemed to have done the trick.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=5399 time=1573506868 user_id=98
If you accept Nick's metrics, then he was very popular as mayor according to many polls; and he came within a cat's whisker of Bojo at the polls.

Oddly enough, non-Londoners seem to have the strongest opinions on Ken as mayor.

And non Londoners opinions are based on what?

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=5394 time=1573505696 user_id=98
Well, they're Londoners. Nuff sed!

So they should be the ones to judge him, and they have. So what's your point?