Sovereignty is pathetic

Started by Streetwalker, December 20, 2020, 03:59:56 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 02:00:06 PM
Finally you admit your guffog is just opinion and not in the public domain.

I don't admit anything of the kind, public domain means evidence (not from newspapers or websites run by looney tunes,) that is research/data based.
The you can't ever be bothered to read it is 100% your problem.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 12:44:50 PM
I will ask for links every time anyone spouts ill informed bollocks. Opinions are not facts.

Finally you admit your guffog is just opinion and not in the public domain.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 12:40:33 PM
I expect you to never ask for a link again.

Despite pappy telling us the world is coming to an end and the nasty tories are evil , i see in the latest poll the tories are still leading and if a GE was held tomorow labour would once again fail to form a majority government.

QuoteCON 39% (-)
LAB 38% (+2)
LD 8% (-1)
GRN 4% (-1)
SNP 5% (-)
BXP 1% (-)
OTH 6% (+1)

https://twitter.com/Survation?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1341719743200436225%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 12:40:33 PM

I will ask for links every time anyone spouts ill informed bollocks. Opinions are not facts.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 12:24:04 PM
I am not commenting on my views I am commenting about public domain documents on various government websites, which have been referenced on this forum but some people on this forum prefer to remain in ignorance of and prefer to believe in Unicorns.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 12:24:04 PM
I am not commenting on my views I am commenting about public domain documents on various government websites, which have been referenced on this forum but some people on this forum prefer to remain in ignorance of and prefer to believe in Unicorns.
If you have referenced them before, we have probably looked at them, considered them.
And then dismissed them.

And been left with the feeling afterwards that complete ignorance of them would have been a superior use of our time.

It seems a bit harsh, now that I have written that.
So er... sorry for my bluntness.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 12:05:02 PM
I just Googled "Smurfy doubts it" but it came up empty, so NO, your views are not all over the public domain.
How about a link that you are famous for demanding?

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 11:54:11 AM
This strain has come from the original one, this will have happened everywhere. Unless you think this virus is smart enough to know where it is?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Priceless!!

Baff

Quote from: Barry on December 23, 2020, 12:06:52 PM
If the Dutch do use their own sovereignty to make their own arrangements, they will be censured by Brussels and the whole idea of a European UNion, united in its policies and especially that hallowed single market.
That would be interesting to watch. Popcorn time.
Yes, they phrased it as more important to them than the EU.
Which struck me as rhetoric.

It's the CFP however not the single market.
It's not one of the hallowed "four pillars.

Likewise I think it's a popcorn moment currently.
My expectation is for Boris to cave in more and more until they accept a deal.

Barry

Quote from: Baff on December 23, 2020, 11:56:40 AM
The Dutch have said they will be on the phone for a bilateral agreement.

The EU won't be involved.
It will just become irrelevent to the issue if it can't do this.
We will deal on a state to state level without them.
If the Dutch do use their own sovereignty to make their own arrangements, they will be censured by Brussels and the whole idea of a European Union, united in its policies and especially that hallowed single market would be threatened.
That would be interesting to watch. Popcorn time.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 11:59:20 AM
Based on what is, and has been, public domain for a very long time. It is just a shame so many believers in Unicorns can't be bothered to read it.
(That includes George Useless and Bojo-The-Clown.)

I just Googled "Smurfy doubts it" but it came up empty, so NO, your views are not all over the public domain.
How about a link that you are famous for demanding?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 11:51:19 AM
Based on what? Smurfsay?

Based on what is, and has been, public domain for a very long time. It is just a shame so many believers in Unicorns can't be bothered to read it.
(That includes George Useless and Bojo-The-Clown.)

Baff

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 21, 2020, 03:23:14 PM
If there is a no deal the EU will with embarrassing haste  be on the phone for an annual fishing agreement .
The Dutch have said they will be on the phone for a bilateral agreement.

The EU won't be involved.
It will just become irrelevent to the issue if it can't do this.
We will deal on a state to state level without them.

Or... as private individuals, applying for fishing lisences and quota directly to the UK government, or in the case of quota exclusively, indirectly in a second hand market, as they do now.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2020, 09:57:59 AM
No toots, the UK unfortunatly has caught this new strain of covid whish is supposed to be 70% more infectious. No news on death rates but we can assume its simular.
No other country wants this strain hence the lockdown. Luckily what ive read suggests the vaccine works on this strain so hopefully we see it contained soon.
An extension is not possible, the uk could change the law they brought in recently which made more extensions illegal, but no way the EU would get a vehicle setup so quickly, i doubt all 27 countries would agree anyway without changes. Such as the UK rebate being removed, law optouts removed etc etc... it would also require the UK paying into the EU budget, say 2yrs at a 25% lift in price as a non member, that sort of thing.

Lets face it, it was very obvious the UK needed an extension, that was possible 5 months ago but Johnson laughed, hes still laughing as he drives brexit Britain into the dark. I dont think this affects him personally, prob why he doesnt seem to care.

This strain has come from the original one, this will have happened everywhere. Unless you think this virus is smart enough to know where it is?

Nick