Sovereignty is pathetic

Started by Streetwalker, December 20, 2020, 03:59:56 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 25, 2020, 12:22:00 AM
??
Where is By saying they want 10yr , its pretty obvious.

But street walker made the claim, wheres his proof showing the EU will accept 1 yr.

It's done Gerry, everything you have ever said on this forum about Brexit has been proved incorrect. And what has the UK gained?

We control our own borders.
We control our own laws.
We have control of our waters, yes we have given ground on this but we control them.
We have tariff free access to the EU.
We are now the EU's biggest trading partner.
We have kept the vast majority of our services with the EU.
We have free travel throughout the EU.

What negativity are you going to try and throw at it? We have told you from day one that the EU would deal at the 11th hour, it's in their DNA but you scoffed when we suggested it. Admit you were wrong and move on.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2020, 11:44:41 AM
I doubt that very much.

Great, but all would done is prove SW's point. We're is the link showing the EU won't ask for an annual deal?
??
Where is
Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2020, 11:44:41 AM
I doubt that very much.

Great, but all would done is prove SW's point. We're is the link showing the EU won't ask for an annual deal?

By saying they want 10yr , its pretty obvious.

But street walker made the claim, wheres his proof showing the EU will accept 1 yr.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 24, 2020, 11:00:01 AMHe then went on to say thats in the public domain.

Ok, where is the material in the public domain showing that the EU will not ask for an annual fishing agreement?
It's apparently there, but Pappy refuses to point us to it.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2020, 10:45:53 AM
Precisely. But Pappy didn't say it was his opinion, he put it out as fact.
No he didn't. He said "i doubt that very much" in reply to a comment saying failing a deal the EU would be on looking for annual fishing rights.
He then went on to say thats in the public domain.

That is all true, the EUs position has been very consistent, they want fishing access and that cant be on an annual basis. They wanted a 10yr period of stability for eu fishermen to make future business plans. That could be agreed, and the EU may accept 5yrs but i doubt any less than that.
If you dont know that your not keeping up, thats pretty basic stuff out there in the public domain.

But it started with an opinion, "i doubt that very much"

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 24, 2020, 12:01:10 AMSmurf is then entitled to his opinion to say thats guff, which it is.

Precisely. But Pappy didn't say it was his opinion, he put it out as fact.

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 24, 2020, 07:18:45 AM
Which is just your opinion of course  ;D

Opinions are what we are writing almost every time we type , throw in a few  links  now and again and wait and see how it pans out .  In time it becomes fact or it doesn't
True, and my point stands, you can give an opinion, but then so can anyone else.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on December 24, 2020, 12:01:10 AM
To be fair Nick, Streetwalker made the claim that the EU would be on the phone...bla bla bla. Its not up to Smurf to prove him wrong, it's up to Streetwalker to prove his claim. If he can't then it's just his opinion, not a fact. Smurf is then entitled to his opinion to say thats guff, which it is.

Which is just your opinion of course  ;D

Opinions are what we are writing almost every time we type , throw in a few  links  now and again and wait and see how it pans out .  In time it becomes fact or it doesn't

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 02:30:57 PM
I doubt that very much.

This is how it works...

You stated you very much doubt something. This is your opinion.
You should produce some evidence to back this up.
You don't, therefore your post is irrelevant.
And you wonder why you get so much grief!
To be fair Nick, Streetwalker made the claim that the EU would be on the phone...bla bla bla. Its not up to Smurf to prove him wrong, it's up to Streetwalker to prove his claim. If he can't then it's just his opinion, not a fact. Smurf is then entitled to his opinion to say thats guff, which it is.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 11:54:11 AMThis strain has come from the original one, this will have happened everywhere. Unless you think this virus is smart enough to know where it is?

Don't be daft, the original c19 mutates, but not all mutations are identical, that's practically impossible. The new one found in the UK could have come from France, Belgium or Ireland, nobody knows yet. All people know is it's in the UK and they don't want it. They may have it (it could have originated in their country) but it's early days.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 02:34:37 PM
I do produce evidence, you don't bother to read it. (I have already posted references to the complexity of the fishing issue.)
Yeah we know, you have an imaginary container load, but it isn't a container load because it is a secret, amongst your imaginary friends. But hey ho, whatever.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

And right on cue SW is proved right with the Netherlands saying it will hang onto its fishing at any cost.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 02:30:57 PM

I do produce evidence, you don't bother to read it. (I have already posted references to the complexity of the fishing issue.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 02:13:15 PM
I don't admit anything of the kind, public domain means evidence (not from newspapers or websites run by looney tunes,) that is research/data based.
The you can't ever be bothered to read it is 100% your problem.

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 21, 2020, 03:23:14 PM
If there is a no deal the EU will with embarrassing haste  be on the phone for an annual fishing agreement .

I doubt that very much.

This is how it works...

You stated you very much doubt something. This is your opinion.
You don't, therefore your post is irrelevant.
And you wonder why you get so much grief!