Sovereignty is pathetic

Started by Streetwalker, December 20, 2020, 03:59:56 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Well it ain't all good news, we will end up with that right Charlie as King and his Bolshevik idealism, who has about as much in common with the Britons as his ancestor William the Conqueror and his German one's on the other side of the family. But hey ho, nothing is perfect.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 25, 2020, 12:18:59 PM
I am doing not such thing.

Yes you are but so what? Christmas ain't Christmas without a few rows.

Look at things this way. The UK fish quota has risen so you can expect some cheap seafood. On the other hand you will probably end up with some dodgy shell fish which will result in you crapping through the eye of a needle until spring, but you can still blame that on the Tories.

Quite frankly Pappy, it will be like Christmas every day until, well, next Christmas  :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 25, 2020, 12:18:59 PM

Yes you are (I was trying to resist as its crimbo day) you are never happy unless you are slagging off the tories.

Admit you're miffed that your prediction that our world will come to an end on Jan 1st is false that your carefully laid store of food won't be needed .

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see the whole of this agreement or even reserving judgement but you do neither, you have seen an opportunity to gloat at your own nations downfall has disappeared and really how sad is that is how you would hope things to be?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 25, 2020, 12:17:25 PM
I don't trust a word that Bojo-The-Clown says.
I will read the 2000 page document when it goes public domain.  (There is little information in the shortened version.)
I think that might take me 12 hours to read in full, so I'll wait for the film to come out.  ;D
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 25, 2020, 12:10:21 PM
That is right Pappy. Odd to see you defending the bankers and money changers,

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 25, 2020, 12:02:17 PM
Thanks for making my point for me Paps. But like I said to you in another thread, if you'd listened to Boris's speech you'd have heard him say that financials are included.

I don't trust a word that Bojo-The-Clown says.
I will read the 2000 page document when it goes public domain.  (There is little information in the shortened version.)

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 25, 2020, 11:01:13 AM
Have you not been watching the news?  If you bothered to do so, you would know that there is next to bugger all in it about services, financial services, or passported financial transactions.

That is right Pappy. Odd to see you defending the bankers and money changers, but it is Christmas after all  :)

About all that has happened is that we have won on the fish.

Our quota went up and the EU fishermen are moaning. Mind you, so are ours. Fishermen always moan. Basically it is a nothing deal with very little changing and that is the way we want things to be. Instead of the UK being run by low grade incompetents from Brussels it will be run by low grade blockheads from Westminster, which is why so many of us ticked the box for Brexit.

Not a bad Christmas present.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Have you not been watching the news?  If you bothered to do so, you would know that there is next to bugger all in it about services, financial services, or passported financial transactions.

Thanks for making my point for me Paps. But like I said to you in another thread, if you'd listened to Boris's speech you'd have heard him say that financials are included.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Baff

Same as when we were EU members then.
Did you think our leaving was going to change that?

How very optimistic of you.

Good to see you coming to the aid for the bankers though.
I bet you loath and detest them when they aren't your excuse for loathing and detesting chavs and Brits.

Sheepy

Well, there is the small detail of why you told us the Cornish fishermen were regretting Brexit and it was all over Cornish pink news. It now seems they feel sold out by the deal.
But we will leave it with themselves to deal with as we are on truce.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 25, 2020, 10:08:58 AM

Do you actually read the stuff you post?

This, this, this... But I haven't seen any details. If you'd bothered to research before posting you'd know that services are included.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 25, 2020, 01:28:38 AMNot sure as details not out but it looks like services are not included, thats worth tens of billions to the UK each yr. But i havent seen any details.

Do you actually read the stuff you post?

This, this, this... But I haven't seen any details. If you'd bothered to research before posting you'd know that services are included.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 25, 2020, 01:28:38 AM

Lets wait for some details before you do a victory lap.

Fully agree , but no matter what , the uk is leaving the eu in 7 days .

Bitter pill for you to swallow gerry.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 25, 2020, 12:42:34 AM
It's done Gerry, everything you have ever said on this forum about Brexit has been proved incorrect. And what has the UK gained?

We control our own borders.
We control our own laws.
We have control of our waters, yes we have given ground on this but we control them.
We have tariff free access to the EU.
We are now the EU's biggest trading partner.
We have kept the vast majority of our services with the EU.
We have free travel throughout the EU.

What negativity are you going to try and throw at it? We have told you from day one that the EU would deal at the 11th hour, it's in their DNA but you scoffed when we suggested it. Admit you were wrong and move on.
youve seen the details of the deal then ?

What we jave heard is tariff free access for goods/food. As the EU sells more into the UK than the UK does into the EU i think thats good for the UK.
Not sure as details not out but it looks like services are not included, thats worth tens of billions to the UK each yr. But i havent seen any details.
No news on level playing field
No news on aligning (basically adopting EU rules) standards.

Lets wait for some details before you do a victory lap.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 25, 2020, 12:22:00 AM
??
Where is By saying they want 10yr , its pretty obvious.

But street walker made the claim, wheres his proof showing the EU will accept 1 yr.
Their Fisheries deal with Norway has one year.

It is a fact that they will accept 1 year.
Whether they will neogtiate that with us, is a different story and I suspect the outcome of which is that they have accepted yearly quota assignment with us too.