Sovereignty is pathetic

Started by Streetwalker, December 20, 2020, 03:59:56 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 27, 2020, 10:57:54 AM
Tuna were once common in British waters and are apparently making a come back . Under CFP UK boats have no quota for Tuna , even sport fishermen are banned from landing them . This appears to be the case going forward .
https://britishseafishing.co.uk/big-game-tuna-fishing-in-britain/

Yeah I know, it started a few years with Albacore spotted around Cornwall and the Gower peninsula. The Victorians apparently used to be towed around Whitby bay  in little boats by Tuna up to 900lb in weight.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 27, 2020, 11:44:56 AM

My candidate for most useless idiot ever to occupy a cabinet position is Matt Hand-cock.

He has a long way to go to catch up with Failing Grayling.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester on December 27, 2020, 10:29:25 AMI like it!

And maybe Pappy could give a daily update on the number of Britons dying of want because the Tories ate their dinners?

Tbf though, this "deal" will provide Boris a temporary towel to hide behind from the utter fecking mess his laughable government have made of the Pox fiasco.

My candidate for most useless idiot ever to occupy a cabinet position is Matt Hand-cock.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 27, 2020, 10:57:54 AM
Tuna were once common in British waters and are apparently making a come back . Under CFP UK boats have no quota for Tuna , even sport fishermen are banned from landing them . This appears to be the case going forward .

British fishermen are banned catching  Tuna foreign boats are not. (Even when there masses of Tuna last year.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on December 27, 2020, 09:16:52 AM
Nope. The deal was agreed on 24th.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-eu-brexit-trade-deal-agreed/

Apart from that, the doc update on 23rd outlined changes that are not applicable to us. Unless your going to tell me there is a vast Tuna fishing community in your village. 😂

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 27, 2020, 10:02:24 AM
I've got an idea? We can start a "Britain is shite" thread for all the self loathing to fill their boots in, now the brexit decision has finally been put to bed? Gerry could set up a camp bed in it, so he doesn't have to shuttle back and forwards between Ireland and Guildford, and Beelbeeb can have a special "calculations" section, where he works out important details like the exact weight of fish caught daily by all the trawlers this side of Tromso? After all, a few posters are going to find themselves with not much to talk about now.

Britain isn't shite, the government is.

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 27, 2020, 10:02:24 AM
I've got an idea? We can start a "Britain is shite" thread for all the self loathing to fill their boots in, now the brexit decision has finally been put to bed? Gerry could set up a camp bed in it, so he doesn't have to shuttle back and forwards between Ireland and Guildford, and Beelbeeb can have a special "calculations" section, where he works out important details like the exact weight of fish caught daily by all the trawlers this side of Tromso? After all, a few posters are going to find themselves with not much to talk about now.

I like it!

And maybe Pappy could give a daily update on the number of Britons dying of want because the Tories ate their dinners?

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AMEffectively they can't be exported.

You said "Effectively they can't be exported."

Using your document you linked prove the above instead of fudging around as usual.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester on December 27, 2020, 09:49:45 AMSo on the good side we are walking up the sunny slopes of a brave New Year. On the bad there is almost nothing to argue on. I can see the first outweighing the latter, but we are still looking at a quiet time ahead

Borchester

No deal works unless all sides are are happy with it and so far most everyone seems glumly content.

So on the good side we are walking up the sunny slopes of a brave New Year. On the bad there is almost nothing to argue on. I can see the first outweighing the latter, but we are still looking at a quiet time ahead
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 27, 2020, 09:16:52 AM
Nope. The deal was agreed on 24th.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-eu-brexit-trade-deal-agreed/

Apart from that, the doc update on 23rd outlined changes that are not applicable to us. Unless your going to tell me there is a vast Tuna fishing community in your village. 😂

The extra paperwork and built in delays are applicable.

Nick

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 04:50:09 PM
From the link, I suggest you go to Specsavers:- Last updated 23 December 2020
Still before the deal was announced.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 03:10:00 PM
The only opportunity apparent currently is the opportunity to get poorer.

Then spend lad, spend. Let us face it, you aren't getting any younger and there aren't any pockets on a shroud
Algerie Francais !