Brexit Countdown to no trade deal Version 5.1

Started by Barry, December 20, 2020, 11:41:03 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 21, 2020, 10:18:02 AM
  It does point up though just how easily France can run the show when it comes to supplies here.

Britain will  be outside of the EU from January the 1st and Britain will be like any other country outside of the EU, comply with the EU regulations  or goods people won't be let in.

It is Britain that will have shot itself in the foot.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2020, 10:12:16 AM
Numerous countries have taken the same action as France and before France did.
I would not want hordes of potential plague carriers crossing borders either.

All that's happened surely is that people realised that when Covid first started to travel borders should have closed. This time they are doing it more quickly. We kept flying in and out all sorts with few checks and it has since been analysed that UK was a hub transmitting it all over the place. I can't imagine that this mutation hasn't happened in other countries the same as here. Why wouldn't it?  It does point up though just how easily France can run the show when it comes to supplies here. I have no doubt that they will take some delight in their power.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 21, 2020, 09:10:30 AM
As of last night we are in a completely different place. France has pulled a blinder whatever their stated reason. It smacks of a warning shot to show us just how easy it would be for them to starve us to submission. Time to grow some British bulldog backbone.

Numerous countries have taken the same action as France and before France did.
I would not want hordes of potential plague carriers crossing borders either.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 20, 2020, 11:41:03 PM
11 days to go  ;D

As of last night we are in a completely different place. France has pulled a blinder whatever their stated reason. It smacks of a warning shot to show us just how easy it would be for them to starve us to submission. Time to grow some British bulldog backbone.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 20, 2020, 11:41:03 PM
11 days to go  ;D
LOL those Bolsheviks could try the patience of a saint if they believed in them, which they don't.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

† The end is nigh †