Main Menu

Re: Obituaries

Started by Major Sinic, November 12, 2019, 02:39:41 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on November 29, 2020, 11:46:48 AM
RIP.
I reckon he lives on as a white ghostly figure in the forest, surrounded by wookies.

he has safely crossed over to the other side now barry.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

RIP.
I reckon he lives on as a white ghostly figure in the forest, surrounded by wookies.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 29, 2020, 11:10:15 AM
Well Dave Prowes actually the actor who was also the green cross code man

Saw that cromwell. Sad.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Well Dave Prowes actually the actor who was also the green cross code man
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54874713

One I won't miss in a hurry.

Peter Sutcliffe has gone to help stoke the fire pits.

A shame we wasted all that money keeping him alive really

B & Q rope only costs seven quid today.

Probably only cost two when they first locked the shitbag up
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Saeb Erekat

On Tuesday, Saeb Erekat died of complications from Covid-19 at Hadassah hospital in Jerusalem.

Erekat was the Palestinians' veteran chief negotiator. When he became seriously ill, he chose to go to Hadassah Medical Centre-Ein Kerem, where he knew that Israeli doctors would try everything they could to save his life.

This was despite the Palestinian Authority blocking Palestinians from Israeli hospital care after suspending ties with the Jewish state. It blocked medical aid for the Palestinians sent by the United Arab Emirates simply because it had arrived on a direct flight to Israel.

More viciously, the PA also spread the blood libel that Israel was intentionally infecting Palestinians with the virus in order to kill them. Erekat himself claimed that the Israelis were "spitting on Palestinian cars and property in order to transfer the corona disease" to fulfil "the wild desire to get rid of the Palestinian people in any way."

Such grotesque lies were nothing new. Erekat, who spoke honeyed words of peace and reconciliation for the benefit of those in the west determined to ignore ineradicable Palestinian antisemitism and Israel-rejectionism, spent much of his life inciting murderous hatred and violence against Israelis. Blood libels were his stock-in-trade.

The most notorious was in 2002 when he initiated and spread the lie that Israeli forces had "massacred" more than 500 Palestinians in Jenin during Israel's counter-terror operation following the Palestinians' attack on the Passover Seder in Netanya and other horrific bombings.

In fact, 23 Israeli soldiers and a confirmed total of only 52 Palestinians — almost all of them terrorists — were killed in the battle of Jenin. The Israeli soldiers died because, rather than blowing up suspected terrorist homes, they went from house to house to avoid any possibility of harming Palestinian civilians. They died mainly because the Palestinians booby-trapped the homes to blow these soldiers up.

Erekat never retracted his lies but doubled down on them. In repeated interviews, he claimed that Israel was burying more than 300 Palestinians in mass graves and that he had a list of 1,600 Palestinians who were missing relatives (including children) in Jenin.

Such false and incendiary allegations were used as a strategy of war against Israel, to demonise and delegitimise it by provoking international outrage, and to incite yet more murderous rage against it throughout the Arab and Muslim world.

Western and Israeli leftists, as well the BBC and other media along with the stage army of politicians and officials involved in the "Middle East peace process" circus have all been lionising Erekat since his death as a "peace-maker" and making no mention of any of this murderous incitement.

Nor has any of them spoken of his support for terrorism against Israel. In 2017, Erekat asserted falsely that "Hamas and the PFLP [Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine] are not terrorist organisations" and called Hamas simply a "Palestinian political party."

In 2015, Erekat justified random stabbing attacks by Palestinians as "self-defence." During a 2014 interview on Al Jazeera, he stated that the Palestinians "absolutely" had the "right" to "resistance"— the euphemism for perpetrating violence and murder. During that same interview, he declared: "I will never recognise Israel as a Jewish state."

Erekat was buried in the Jordan Valley with a rifle salute and with his coffin carried by paramilitaries. He was eulogised by both Palestinian political allies and opponents, including Hamas which hailed him as "a national leader and a fighter."

In other words, he has been feted in death by people consumed by the hate-fuelled aim of destroying Israel, along with others too naïve or addled by their Kumbaya attitude to the world to understand that they have been conscripted as useful idiots in furthering that infernal cause.

(Melanie Phillips)
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 06, 2020, 09:26:50 PM
He was 93 and had a really good innings. A fine actor with a great sense of timing.

Used to love Butterfly's, one of many.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

He was 93 and had a really good innings. A fine actor with a great sense of timing.
† The end is nigh †

Nalaar

Last week Randall James Hamilton Zwinge, known as "James Randi" and "The Amazing Randi" passed away at the age of 92. He was a great public speaker, skeptic, author and conjurer (which he preferred to the term "magician")

He is most well known to me for the $1 Million Paranormal challenge, in which he declared that anyone who could demonstrate a 'paranormal power/ability' under defined experimental conditions would win a million dollar prize from his educational foundation. Many psychics, aura seers, astrologers, water dowsers and the like took the challenge, and of course failed.

He very publicly took on big names - Peter Popoff was an extraordinarily popular evangelical who reported that God revealed information to him that allowed him to heal the sick. He sold out arenas drawing massive crowds and earning millions, at one such event Randi and his team were able to use radio scanners to discover Popoffs wife was feeding him information about the audience members through an earpiece, this was aired on the Johnny Carson show and ruined Popoff.

Randi also exposed Uri Geller on multiple occasions, through hidden cameras, and demonstrations of the techniques Geller used con his way to fame. Sadly in this instance the trap Randi had prepared for Geller on the Johnny Carson show (in which over half an hour he failed to perform any of his powers on objects that he did not have access to before the show went live) only made him more popular...Geller sued Randi multiple times for being referred to as a fraud, con-man etc, and never won a case.

James Randi's legacy is quite like no other, I would encourage anyone to search for his talks, and TV show that's available on YouTube (many of the talks start with him ingesting a whole box of homeopathic sleeping pills, and somehow he remains lucid and upright for the duration of the talk!)
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Diana Rigg dies aged 82.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54106509
15 minutes ago
Actress Dame Diana Rigg, famous for roles including Emma Peel in TV series The Avengers and Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 82.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Norman Hunter, a football player who was part of the England winning squad in 1966. Fell victim to the CV-19 virus at age 76.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Hunter_%28footballer%29">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Hunter_(footballer)

RIP
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Stirling Moss. A name I know is revered among motor sport and boys' toys enthusiasts. Dad an enthusiast, never get over his accent...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sampanviking post_id=21181 time=1586699279 user_id=79
Just heard that Tim Brooke-Tailor has died due to the virus.

Very sad news as I was a huge Goodies fan, back in the day.

Just seen it on the bbc news. The three of them had a chat slot at the bristol old vic as part of the 'slapstick' festival of comedy, about a year and a half ago  it was a sellout, and I laughed to the point people genuinely feared I was going to follow a certain scotsman ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>