France border closure: 'In the short term this won't have an impact'

Started by GBNews, December 21, 2020, 07:00:32 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2020, 07:05:34 AM
Not all all, I do wish the Cornish border could be closed though and only let anything essential in.  Apparently people who should not be coming here are getting nasty, they are asserting the rules don't apply to them.

Yeh that's prolly fair enough, I think in places with very high concentrations of at-risk folk; there should be extra shielding from others.

It isn't impossible to have an accurate fine-grained lockdown but that would take competent local & national govt.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 21, 2020, 10:06:07 PM
I sometimes get the feeling you revel in all this.

Not all all, I do wish the Cornish border could be closed though and only let anything essential in.  Apparently people who should not be coming here are getting nasty, they are asserting the rules don't apply to them.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

patman post

TROLLEY DASH Boris Johnson warns Brits to 'shop normally' after panic-buying shoppers clear out supermarket shelves before Christmas
Thousands of lorries due to cross the Channel today were told to stay away from Kent ports.
Those carrying fresh food and other items were faced with 'borders closed' signs and turned away.
The news sparked chaos, with panic-buyers queuing outside supermarkets today, clearing out supermarket shelves amid fears of a food shortage for Christmas.

THE SUN — Updated: 21 Dec 2020, 22:08

Let's see what tomorrow brings...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

It will just be a politician's standoff, as always, how can we make this look like we come out smelling of roses and what else can we wring out of it. For sure.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GBNews

France border closure: 'In the short term this won't have an impact'

Grant Shapps told BBC Breakfast that the border closure from France will not have an impact on goods.

Source: France border closure: 'In the short term this won't have an impact'