Main Menu

null null

Started by HDQQ, December 21, 2020, 08:27:32 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Barry on December 22, 2020, 05:02:31 PM"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Let's suppose I drop one antique Spode china dinner plate on the floor and it doesn't break. As a sane person, can I then assume that none of the other 5 dinner plates from the set will break when I drop them?
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on December 22, 2020, 10:15:35 AM
It's a great way to have a legal get together, isn't it?
I've heard a lot of funerals being brought a few days, or even years forward!!  :-*

Not really, wife's cousin, 51 years old. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

When I start typing, think aw bugger and try to use cut and paste or the like I often find my words in a funny font and random "/size" commands that aren't mine are thrown into my words.

I don't know if the forum is trying to intimidate me but it needs to understand "/size" is never the thing. Any radio tech will tell you it's not the size of the wave it's the repetition carried by the frequency that does it. FM wins over AM every time...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

It's a great way to have a legal get together, isn't it?
I've heard a lot of funerals being brought a few days, or even years forward!!  :-*
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on December 21, 2020, 10:25:59 PM
Once upon a time in an Internet far away lived a man called Steve C Taylor and he started a politics forum.
Several people were moderators.
Midas
Opinionated
Uncon
Bright Young Thing
Marxist Nutter
Cromwell
Deppity Dawg
Barry

Then Steve used to be like a ghost presence, adding bits to the forum, fiddling with the software and occasionally putting in inappropriate adverts and messing up the software.

Anyway, eventually he got tire of not making any money and some autistic members ruining the shop so he gave notice.

Barry, Cromwell and Bright Young Thing did their best to salvage the remains and the new forum ran OK for a while.

The Nick said, "Hey, I can do better than Barry", Barry agreed and handed over the gubbins, in a brown envelope to Nick for an undisclosed sum.

Nick did a great job of amending the gubbins and making it into pol-tics and has since been improving the shop as he goes along.

However, Nick has now being Steve C Taylor v2  ;D He is an expert fiddler so expect a Vivaldi tune soon, or even Violin concertos.

null null

Not me. I've been at a funeral all day. 😉 And haven't done any mods for ages. 😊
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: HDQQ on December 21, 2020, 08:27:32 PM
When I amend a post, it appears with the words 'null null' at the end.

If I refresh the null null disappears.

Please confirm that I haven't inadvertently been caught up in operation Null Null, Trump's proposed invasion of Canada.
Nothing of the sort,what it is actually is a they've heard you singing and like Eurovision are not impressed and have awarded nul pointe all round,so you see the brexiteers were right you really can't trust that euro lot. ::) ::)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Once upon a time in an Internet far away lived a man called Steve C Taylor and he started a politics forum.
Several people were moderators.
Midas
Opinionated
Uncon
Bright Young Thing
Marxist Nutter
Cromwell
Deppity Dawg
Barry

Then Steve used to be like a ghost presence, adding bits to the forum, fiddling with the software and occasionally putting in inappropriate adverts and messing up the software.

Anyway, eventually he got tire of not making any money and some autistic members ruining the shop so he gave notice.

Barry, Cromwell and Bright Young Thing did their best to salvage the remains and the new forum ran OK for a while.

The Nick said, "Hey, I can do better than Barry", Barry agreed and handed over the gubbins, in a brown envelope to Nick for an undisclosed sum.

Nick did a great job of amending the gubbins and making it into pol-tics and has since been improving the shop as he goes along.

However, Nick has now being Steve C Taylor v2  ;D He is an expert fiddler so expect a Vivaldi tune soon, or even Violin concertos.

null null
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

When I amend a post, it appears with the words 'null null' at the end.

If I refresh the null null disappears.

Please confirm that I haven't inadvertently been caught up in operation Null Null, Trump's proposed invasion of Canada.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!