French Commissioner Says We're Being Spited Over Brexit

Started by Dynamis, December 22, 2020, 08:30:42 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on December 22, 2020, 12:13:08 PM
That's the trouble — not everyone accepts and/or realises that the UK formally left the EU on 31 January 2020...

We are in the transition period nothing has changed yet.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on December 22, 2020, 10:29:49 AM
And that line sums it all up for you.
Thats my opinion, and delays will get worse. That's not a wish or request. You can file it under project fear.

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on December 22, 2020, 10:55:55 AM
No matter the threats the fact is that until 31st December we are still members and should be treated as such.
That's the trouble — not everyone accepts and/or realises that the UK formally left the EU on 31 January 2020...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Oh dear me if only you roasts beefs hadn't voted out, the world would be all rosy and pink.
Democracy is like soveriegnty really, it is owned by Brussles don't ya know. Counted in Barniers euros.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2020, 11:50:21 AM
I feel really sorry for the UK fishing industry with many £millions worth of fresh fish and shellfish that will by now be rotting in the trucks in the queue at Dover.
The sting in the tail for the French government is none of the members of it will be having their traditional fish/shellfish/lobsters for Christmas.

I feel sorry for every trader that didn't ask  for it, effected  by any future problems accessing Europe . The problem being is that the figures tell us that many of them actually asked for this situation.

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on December 22, 2020, 11:39:18 AM
That is the fact of the matter. It is beyond belief that the people running this show were not aware of this ,enough to realise that our cross channel trade routes could well end up no longer totally viable.

I feel really sorry for the UK fishing industry with many £millions worth of fresh fish and shellfish that will by now be rotting in the trucks in the queue at Dover.
The sting in the tail for the French government is none of the members of it will be having their traditional fish/shellfish/lobsters for Christmas.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2020, 11:32:04 AM
There won't be anything that can be done about it, without a trade deal.

That is the fact of the matter. It is beyond belief that the people running this show were not aware of this ,enough to realise that our cross channel trade routes could well end up no longer totally viable.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on December 22, 2020, 11:29:01 AM
This does go to far. Food supplies ,vital supplies. Should not be interfered with. For any reason.
Why should we be treated as in the EU is a different matter. We don't want to be in the EU, why should we get EU treatment.
Once we are completely out we must have something in place to prevent them doing anything like this, or we are at their mercy.
Well no we don't want to be in the EU and by now it should be plain to see why. As for spite it is a part of human nature and it might be sad to have no friends but worse having no enemies, a bit of Che for dyno. Who came to a sticky end.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on December 22, 2020, 11:30:39 AM
A quick change of tac there Dyno, when it was noticed you were downing the country and democracy for all to see.

It would be the opposite way round, if you could read that is.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on December 22, 2020, 11:29:01 AM
Once we are completely out we must have something in place to prevent them doing anything like this, or we are at their mercy.

There won't be anything that can be done about it, without a trade deal.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on December 22, 2020, 10:59:05 AM
No, we shouldn't be treated as an EU member; at the same time this is going too far.

I don't care if that annoys pro EU or pro Brexit folk, it's the truth.
A quick change of tac there Dyno, when it was noticed you were downing the country and democracy for all to see.

Good old

Quote from: Dynamis on December 22, 2020, 10:59:05 AM
No, we shouldn't be treated as an EU member; at the same time this is going too far.

This does go to far. Food supplies ,vital supplies. Should not be interfered with. For any reason.
Why should we be treated as in the EU is a different matter. We don't want to be in the EU, why should we get EU treatment.

Borg Refinery

+++

T00ts

No matter the threats the fact is that until 31st December we are still members and should be treated as such.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2020, 10:26:09 AM
Hang on a min, france is a independent country, it can open or close its borders at any moment.

So what? They are abusing their position to spite us..

Yes or no?

QuoteThe EU is not a country. It only has compedence in very limited and specific ways as agreed by all its 27 members.

And it isn't mostly run at the behest of France and Germany and other main, founding members..?

You aren't serious?

QuoteNobody wants this new strain, as vaccines are rolling out and the end light in sight, this new version could cripple countries.

And yet the French commissioner admitted they'd do more to help us if not for Brexit.

QuoteIf you think this is bad wait until theres customs checks and delays in January, it will be worse than this. The UK charging off a cliff, not looking for a long extension so they could have a smooth brexot is totally on the UK.

And you're taking it out on the average UK citizen who has done nothing to deserve this.

It's like when Russia collectively punished Europe by turning off the gas taps, leaving parts of Europe freezing cold..

QuoteFrance owes the UK nothing, its 1 country, as brexiteers would say or Nick wod say, 85% of global trade is outside the EU, whats the problem then.

No, it owes us nothing, but it could take the higher ground.

Instead, that xenophobic tit Macron who seems determined to create Fortress Europe MKII, has decided to collectively punish the whole country.

We are suffering even more because of this after we're already suffering enough as it is.
+++