French Commissioner Says We're Being Spited Over Brexit

Started by Dynamis, December 22, 2020, 08:30:42 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on December 23, 2020, 11:40:30 AM
See if I give a flying one, roast chicken still sounds good, I told you the EU smell blood and Boris is on the menu, who cannot fold fast enough. Complete with a Christmas suprise purely political virus.

same to you sheep , and all the forum , have a good one , put the feet up , and enjoy the wonderfull scottish and english home grown food  and stick the fingers right up  to all the whinging bleating bed wetting remainers.

Hogmanay is going to be a laugh this year watching remainers eating humble pie and having democracy thrust right down their throats.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 11:27:44 AM
Dynamis gets a ban , and the anti brexit "im no labour i just hate the tories" spamming stops , then gerry takes over with the anti brexit " am a paddy and i hate the tories and brexit " starts all over.

I enjoy it toots , but what amazes me is after four half years he actually thinks anyone has changed their minds?

Will you and your family be able to survive this christmas without some french wine or brie?

Im really looking forward to christmas toots , and just to say merry xmas to you and your family , and all the best for 2021.

I will have a wee glass on hogmanay and drink a wee toast to gerry and the boys for providing a laugh over recent months. ;D

We are all abiding by the rules but Skype, Zoom, FB, etc will keep us together. We are all buying British with the exception of my Son in law's Bordeaux but I believe he has stocked the cellar so will 'manage' for some time.  :) At least until French farmers and truckers set Macron right. Have a good one Thomas and every happiness for 2021 to you and yours. You never know you might settle the indy question next year!  But take a tip from me and don't let Sturgeon take you into the EU - it's a loser. :-*

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 11:27:44 AM
Dynamis gets a ban , and the anti brexit "im no labour i just hate the tories" spamming stops , then gerry takes over with the anti brexit " am a paddy and i hate the tories and brexit " starts all over.

I enjoy it toots , but what amazes me is after four half years he actually thinks anyone has changed their minds?

Will you and your family be able to survive this christmas without some french wine or brie?

Im really looking forward to christmas toots , and just to say merry xmas to you and your family , and all the best for 2021.

I will have a wee glass on hogmanay and drink a wee toast to gerry and the boys for providing a laugh over recent months. ;D
See if I give a flying one, roast chicken still sounds good, I told you the EU smell blood and Boris is on the menu, who cannot fold fast enough. Complete with a Christmas suprise purely political virus.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2020, 11:23:28 AM
Thank you for the first giggle of the day.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I find it really hard to accept that you believe everything you post. You are either totally indoctrinated or a bit naïve. I can only assume that you are here for the fun.

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 11:14:24 AM
No but Ireland did. Do you know how much food the UK imports today. It's around 80%, that covers finished product and ingredients for UK manufacture. Back in the day you just took the food from smaller nations, as much as you wanted. IRL was effectively the UK's back garden for growing food.

There is no European domination. The EU is not Europe. The EU is not a country. It is 27 countries that pool resources and the EU can only do what the 27 give it competence in.

Thank you for the first giggle of the day.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I find it really hard to accept that you believe everything you post. You are either totally indoctrinated or a bit naïve. I can only assume that you are here for the fun.

Thomas

No but Ireland did. Do you know how much food the UK imports today. It's around 80%, that covers finished product and ingredients for UK manufacture. Back in the day you just took the food from smaller nations, as much as you wanted. IRL was effectively the UK's back garden for growing food.

There is no European domination. The EU is not Europe. The EU is not a country. It is 27 countries that pool resources and the EU can only do what the 27 give it competence in.

We arent talking about ireland , we are addressing the scaremongering over the channel ports between england and france.

I have also already addressed the importation of food into england , on a historical basis , and already mentioned scotland is a net exporter of food fuel and power so what are you talking about?

No one is going to starve , and the english are even more determined to leave the eu.

They survived 900 years of war with france on and off , and they will survive and no doubt prosper outside the eu without a deal.

Your one hope for a small respite is johnsons bottle going , and if it does , mark my words the brexit party will annihilate the tories.

There will be no deal which forces england or the uk into a BRINO. 1 week to go so GIRUY.

Sheepy

Sure, we believe you, about nothing much.  ::)

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 10:59:30 AMEngland spent the best part of 900 years at war or skirmishing with the french. For much of that time , the flow of goods and freedom of movement across the channel was restricted.

Did england starve? Did england cave in? Did england beg for european domination and european law?

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on December 23, 2020, 09:43:29 AM

It's a big mistake to not include the large contingents of disillusioned Tories , though I notice you always do, in  groups that are  to say the least worried not just at the prospect of Brexit but the obvious lack of any real preparation for its impact.

Parp!!!

The mythical brexiter dissenters , this time disillusioned tories , rears its head again. ;D

I have been hearing about these people  , in all their fabled guises , for the last four and a half years , and how strange is it they never make an appearence at election time. It was only one year ago exactly we were hearing the same anti brexit pish , and how the silent but mythical remain majority , and disillusioned tories , were going to go to the polls and sweep the tories aside.

...and what happened?

The master strategist , sir keir sit o the fence starmer , took labour to their worst election defeat in living memory , and brexiters swept the minority remain support aside like a feckin avalanche!

In typical labour paryty style good old , you insist on parping off the same tired old rhetoric and make believe propaganda expecting a different result!

Quotehad made any serious efforts to cope with the fact that we could no longer rely totally on the free flow of the channel ports.

England spent the best part of 900 years at war or skirmishing with the french. For much of that time , the flow of goods and freedom of movement across the channel was restricted.

Did england starve? Did england cave in? Did england beg for european domination and european law?

From what i can see , these project fear mark three stories are doing nothing but entrenching brexiters views to leave the eu without a deal , rather than having them cave into remainer demands for some deal that gives england/uk a BRINO.

As ever , you labour clowns are on a different planet.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on December 23, 2020, 10:08:20 AM

Some very interesting comment being made by foreign lorry drivers right now down in the port of Dover, .On Sky news.
Prisoners of war, we might have to build camps for them. ;D

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on December 23, 2020, 10:08:20 AM

Some very interesting comment being made by foreign lorry drivers right now down in the port of Dover, .On Sky news.

I am surprised they can transmit it because of bad language.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 09:42:33 AM
I havent booked, but my understanding is IRL hasnt stopped food deliveries to the UK, and to the best of my knowledge french ports are only closed to UK ports, not Irish ports. In saying that ships can sail from UK to France for food deliveries, it hasn't closed as the media would make out. But only the container can travel.

I suggest checking on the live ships position on the various companies involved.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 08:28:28 AM
Eh?

Lets just stand back a wee minute and look at this whole picture here good old.

The yookay media , and their eu worshiping sycophants and bad losers in the labour party , and general remoaners , are running around the last few days or so telling the public they will struggle to get what they need for their xmas dinner due to border disruption. We are all going to starve to death if the peking pox doesnae get us first. Armageddon.

Everyone with half a brain knows fine well this is utter bullshit.

Christmas dinner in my house like most others contains seasonal scottish and english food , and our farmers can more than supply us with that food. Supermarkets are the ones who may very well struggle , partly with the amount of foreign rubbish they import at dirt cheap prices , while they reject 4.5 million tons of fruit and veg every year jist because it doesnae look nice in their wee pretty plastic packaging.

Thats why scottish and english farmers for example end up feeding bendy carrots to the cows  that have been rejected.

I will be buying local as much as i can , as often as i can. Scotland can feed fuel and power itself  and still has plenty left to export to england ( and elsewhere), and we know the uk as a whole cannot , its hardly likely england or the wider uk is going to anywhere near starve.

More remoaner bullshit.

1 week to go.

The lefty remoaner vultures are circling as project fear mark three reaches new heights of dribbling bed wetting nonsense , while everyone else digs their heels in and say twos up.

Pardon!  This is not just food effected , it's every type of vital supply imaginable ,much of which is not possible to produce here. The real worry here is that , with no deal to ensure that in normal circumstances traffic at Dover and other routes , may be be the subject of any dispute that may arise in the future .
If it looked as if there had ever been  the remotest chance that this government , which has been toying with ,NO DEAL. had made any serious efforts to cope with the fact that we could no longer rely totally on the free flow of the channel ports. There might have been reason to have confidence in embracing Brexit.
It's a big mistake to not include the large contingents of disillusioned Tories , though I notice you always do, in  groups that are  to say the least worried not just at the prospect of Brexit but the obvious lack of any real preparation for its impact.
In the immediate , Kent a lorry park, not an intended practice this time. In danger of becoming a centre of public disorder. But never worry we have been craving a bit of disorder, after all those years of relative stability.
It's my belief the French are using this to pass us a message, as to what future hold ups at this trade route might look like. The EU have asked them to ease off. But no they insist on  using their sovereign rights. Catching ain,t it.

GerryT

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 08:42:39 AM
Have you actually checked that is currently possible?
I havent booked, but my understanding is IRL hasnt stopped food deliveries to the UK, and to the best of my knowledge french ports are only closed to UK ports, not Irish ports. In saying that ships can sail from UK to France for food deliveries, it hasn't closed as the media would make out. But only the container can travel.