Tony B Liar the immunoligist

Started by Barry, December 23, 2020, 11:07:50 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Good old on December 23, 2020, 04:29:45 PMSome flue vaccine is not much better or so my doctor thinks.
2017-2018  influenza vaccine efficacy:
Quote26.9% effective in children aged 2 to 17 years (who received the nasal spray)
12.2% in at risk groups aged 18 to 64 years
10.1% in those aged 65 and over
Which is why I don't have the flu jab.

Edited 2016-2017 to become 2017-2018
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

Quote from: Barry on December 23, 2020, 11:07:50 AMHe really is a very stupid person. Immunisation doesn%u2019t work well after one dose. You almost might as well pour it down the sink if you just give one dose & not the booster. We%u2019ve no clinical evidence supporting one dose, Mr Blair. But I can guess what will happen. Nothing.

Which just goes to show, Blair can't be trusted. I wonder how much the Indy paid him to write that rubbish.

The way I read it, he wasn't suggesting that people should only be given one dose. What he was suggesting was that half of existing stocks of vaccine shouldn't be held back to use as second doses but used as first doses instead. It's still a flawed idea though because one would then be relying on the new stocks of vaccine being in place and ready when needed for second doses. I don't think he was trying to get above himself over the science, but he might have been getting above himself over logistics. Anyway we're now getting close to the date when the first people will be ready for their second doses, so the idea is out of date anyway.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 03:14:35 PM
It wouldn't
I despair I really do. It has all been explained in depth and detail by the leading scientist who developed it in person on TV news bulletins yesterday.
Blair should keep his gob shut.

Well he has changed the tune then. Because this vaccine was wheeled out weeks ago now. As ready for use at 60% effective . With what was something of a second thought. A small sample had noticed two doses increased its effect .
I m not questioning  what he now appears to be saying. But it begins to look as if they should all shut up , scientists included , because they are causing nothing than more and more confusion.
It really sounds as if the great Oxford vaccine that was touted as  the next great saviour of the population, would never have got pass the regulator if it wasn't for what wasn't far short of an oversight.
60% is not total immunity obviously but it's better than nothing , and in that sense Blair had a point. Some flue vaccine is not much better or so my doctor thinks.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 23, 2020, 03:55:04 PM
doctors at such a time is to get shitfaced and shag nurses.

Allegedly that is situation normal.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on December 23, 2020, 03:45:24 PM
Surely you're not suggesting that medics, one day conversing over your pain-wracked body, sadly intoned: "We've got a gonner here"...?

No, I am saying that it is Christmas and that the proper role of doctors at such a time is to get shitfaced and shag nurses. For my part, although I am having too much fun to keel over right now, when my times comes I think that I can manage the dying bit by myself.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on December 23, 2020, 03:32:24 PM
I have had all manner of diseases in my life and apart from a couple I would rather not mention in mixed company, I reckon that the best treatment is to stay away from the doctors.
Surely you're not suggesting that medics, one day conversing over your pain-wracked body, sadly intoned: "We've got a gonner here"...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 23, 2020, 03:32:24 PM
No it ain't. It just means that you are 40% dead.

All new drugs need a long testing period which these vaccines have not had. I have had all manner of diseases in my life and apart from a couple I would rather not mention in mixed company, I reckon that the best treatment is to stay away from the doctors.

Sorry I meant 'wouldn't' I have changed it since.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2020, 03:11:46 PM
60% would be enough.

No it ain't. It just means that you are 40% dead.

All new drugs need a long testing period which these vaccines have not had. I have had all manner of diseases in my life and apart from a couple I would rather not mention in mixed company, I reckon that the best treatment is to stay away from the doctors.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2020, 03:14:35 PM
It wouldn't
I despair I really do. It has all been explained in depth and detail by the leading scientist who developed it in person on TV news bulletins yesterday.

Whoops my post was meant to read 'wouldn't  be enough' I obviously didn't proof read it. Sorry!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2020, 03:11:46 PM
60% would be enough.

It wouldn't

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on December 23, 2020, 02:59:11 PM

Didnt Astro Zeneca, claim one dose gave a 60% immunity  of its own. Which was considered enough for most people ? They only realised it was more effective afterwards if two doses were involved.  The German , vaccine doesn%u2019t, work without two doses, but if the article is read without the obvious bias displayed on Twitter, it%u2019s obvious Blair was advocating getting 60% cover into as many as possible. Once it is given the go ahead. Is it now to be thought the 60% claim was twaddle, by all those keen to blast Blair.?

60% wouldn't be enough.

Good old

Didnt Astro Zeneca, claim one dose gave a 60% immunity  of its own. Which was considered enough for most people ? They only realised it was more effective afterwards if two doses were involved.  The German , vaccine doesn't, work without two doses, but if the article is read without the obvious bias displayed on Twitter, it's obvious Blair was advocating getting 60% cover into as many as possible. Once it is given the go ahead. Is it now to be thought the 60% claim was twaddle, by all those keen to blast Blair.?

Sampanviking

Quote from: Barry on December 23, 2020, 11:07:50 AM
He says we should give everyone a single shot now.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/covid-vaccine-tony-blair-coronavirus-b1777845.html
Mike Yeadon the ex-Pfizer expert posted on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MichaelYeadon3/status/1341541550451552258
He really is a very stupid person. Immunisation doesn't work well after one dose. You almost might as well pour it down the sink if you just give one dose & not the booster. We've no clinical evidence supporting one dose, Mr Blair. But I can guess what will happen. Nothing.

Which just goes to show, Blair can't be trusted. I wonder how much the Indy paid him to write that rubbish.

Blair is an advocate, if he is recommending something, he is being paid and the words belong to someone else. Just follow the money. I bet he has had both his shots already.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 23, 2020, 11:37:01 AM
Of course he will,Cherie.............oh sorry you said good advocate :D

;D ;D ;D ;D Good one!  Just thinking about it though Blair has always had messianic notions of himself and here he is pontificating to 'save' the world.  Perhaps he is inclined to believe that he will be the one choosing who enters.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 23, 2020, 11:07:50 AM
He says we should give everyone a single shot now.

Not everyone but  have a fairly long list.