Tony B Liar the immunoligist

Started by Barry, December 23, 2020, 11:07:50 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 30, 2020, 11:36:52 AM
somewhere somehow , good old always has to spin a story into a good news story for new labour and tony blair.

>:(
Like I told that little scrote Che, you never know who is listening. It just so happens I do.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on December 30, 2020, 11:29:07 AM

Astro Zeneca, is ready for use. It's effective in one dose, a second dose fourteen days later is a booster. So the government state today.
Blair, was not far out. One dose as soon as possible could be highly effective in holding this virus at bay. Another pointless attack on the man .

somewhere somehow , good old always has to spin a story into a good news story for new labour and tony blair.

>:(
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on December 30, 2020, 11:29:07 AM

Astro Zeneca, is ready for use. It's effective in one dose, a second dose fourteen days later is a booster. So the government state today.
Blair, was not far out. One dose as soon as possible could be highly effective in holding this virus at bay. Another pointless attack on the man .
He knew what we were doing because we told him, he just jumped on a bandwagon, he knows it and I know it.
I didn't say anything in this thread on purpose.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

cromwell

Hey smurfy......he's behind you!  :D :D :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on December 23, 2020, 05:32:03 PM
Look we've been through this with smurfy,a bloody flue is in a chimney and despite what Baz says flue is not short for influenza flu is.

Philistines  :P :P :P :P :P

I do beg your pardon. I will try to not make the same mistake in your presence again. I must have been thinking of my Route into peoples parlours. :) :) :) :) :)

cromwell

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on December 23, 2020, 04:29:45 PM

Well he has changed the tune then. Because this vaccine was wheeled out weeks ago now. As ready for use at 60% effective . With what was something of a second thought. A small sample had noticed two doses increased its effect .
I m not questioning  what he now appears to be saying. But it begins to look as if they should all shut up , scientists included , because they are causing nothing than more and more confusion.
It really sounds as if the great Oxford vaccine that was touted as  the next great saviour of the population, would never have got pass the regulator if it wasn't for what wasn't far short of an oversight.
60% is not total immunity obviously but it's better than nothing , and in that sense Blair had a point. Some flue vaccine is not much better or so my doctor thinks.

Look we've been through this with smurfy,a bloody flue is in a chimney and despite what Baz says flue is not short for influenza flu is.

Philistines  :P :P :P :P :P

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on December 23, 2020, 04:48:24 PM
The way I read it, he wasn't suggesting that people should only be given one dose. What he was suggesting was that half of existing stocks of vaccine shouldn't be held back to use as second doses but used as first doses instead. It's still a flawed idea though because one would then be relying on the new stocks of vaccine being in place and ready when needed for second doses. I don't think he was trying to get above himself over the science, but he might have been getting above himself over logistics. Anyway we're now getting close to the date when the first people will be ready for their second doses, so the idea is out of date anyway.
The fact is, it is outside of his remit and outside of his field of knowledge.
He would do better to shut up.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 23, 2020, 04:50:45 PM
2016-2017 influenza vaccine efficacy:Which is why I don't have the flu jab.

Link please.

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on December 23, 2020, 04:48:24 PM
The way I read it, he wasn't suggesting that people should only be given one dose.

Blair really should keep his gob shut.