Allegedly a deal is imminent.

Started by papasmurf, December 23, 2020, 03:17:58 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Wouldnt surprise me if they revealed a deal tonight or tomorrow . It will have a bad smell about it but we will be too busy enjoying ourselves over the next  few days to take much notice . Nobodies going to go on a demo over  Christmas what with travel restrictions  and plod will disperse any gatherings rapid because of covid  anyway .

By the time we have solitarily seen in the NY and awoken with a hangover the ink will be dry  on another EU treaty

patman post

Boris can tousle his hair, dishevel his suit, crumple his tie, and appear on TV claiming he's fought tooth and nail to bring this result from which the UK will benefit mightily in the years ahead.

Mind you, he can do that whatever the outcome...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Allegedly a deal is imminent but I won't hold my breath:-

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu/brexit-trade-deal-imminent-senior-eu-source-says-idUKKBN28X0RK

DECEMBER 23, 20207:23 AMUPDATED 15 MINUTES AGO
Brexit trade deal imminent, senior EU source says
By Gabriela Baczynska, Guy Faulconbridge

2 MIN READ

BRUSSELS/LONDON (Reuters) -A senior European diplomat told Reuters on Wednesday that a Brexit trade deal was imminent and could be clinched within hours, raising hopes that Britain and the European Union can avoid a turbulent economic rupture in just eight days.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe