Allegedly a deal is imminent.

Started by papasmurf, December 23, 2020, 03:17:58 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 26, 2020, 07:14:51 PM
Stoppit Thomas. You'll have Javert and Quackers throwing themselves off the clock tower at their local Waitrose  ;D ;D ;D

Deppity , i am reading the gina miller account on twitter and im in feckin tears. She is getting some feckin stick.

They are all thanking her and saying we couldnt have done brexit without you gina. ;D

Wishing her a merry brexmas. :)
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on December 26, 2020, 07:10:01 PMHonestly deppity , we are way beyond parody now.

Stoppit Thomas. You'll have Javert and Quackers throwing themselves off the clock tower at their local Waitrose  ;D ;D ;D

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on December 25, 2020, 12:35:50 AM
A journalist and MEP, not a sitting MP in his country. Has as much power as Farage.
If they lose fishing they wont blame Barnier, its the UK doing that. Thats no reason to leave the EU. but they can work from inside the EU, like if they dont ratify the deal barnier brings back, guess what, thats right, the UK doesn't get its trade deal, oops.
In the post before this bile you wrote Nick said of smurfy "That says a lot about you"
The above speaks volumes of you and confirms what I've always known about you and your attitude to the English.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 26, 2020, 07:05:46 PM
Thanks for confirming what many of us have suspected about you from the very first day you came here, Gerry

could this be gerry here?

Honestly deppity , we are way beyond parody now.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: GerryT on December 25, 2020, 12:35:50 AMlike if they dont ratify the deal barnier brings back, guess what, thats right, the UK doesn't get its trade deal, oops.

Thanks for confirming what many of us have suspected about you from the very first day you came here, Gerry

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on December 26, 2020, 06:51:57 PM
They don't have to pretend any longer, let them get on with it. Remain is undone.

you are a cruel bugger sheep. Its christmas time and all .

Sheepy

Quote from: Baff on December 26, 2020, 06:05:18 PM
Actually, they are accepting the deal without ratification.
The EU is the EU after all.

They don't give a monkies about democratic mandate.
They don't have to pretend any longer, let them get on with it. Remain is undone.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Baff

Actually, they are accepting the deal without ratification.
The EU is the EU after all.

They don't give a monkies about democratic mandate.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 25, 2020, 12:35:50 AMif they dont ratify the deal barnier brings back, guess what, thats right, the UK doesn't get its trade deal, oops.

Oh dear Gerry, you're scraping the bottom of your very low barrel now.

"Oops, what if the Netherlands cuts its own nose off and pulls the rug from under it's vital fishing industry that it just stated would decimate its industry if a deal wasn't agreed". Did you really just say that? 🤣

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 25, 2020, 12:35:50 AM
A journalist and MEP, not a sitting MP in his country. Has as much power as Farage.
If they lose fishing they wont blame Barnier, its the UK doing that. Thats no reason to leave the EU. but they can work from inside the EU, like if they dont ratify the deal barnier brings back, guess what, thats right, the UK doesn't get its trade deal, oops.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2020, 02:25:37 PM
That is correct but it won't take much to change their minds. Especially if there fishing is decimated.

https://twnews.co.uk/gb-news/eu-on-brink-dutch-mep-hints-at-nexit-amid-brutal-dressing-down-of-michel-barnier

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2020, 05:01:18 PMIf I bothered to listen to Bojo-The-Clown I would be none the wiser.

That says a lot about you.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2020, 05:01:18 PM
If I bothered to listen to Bojo-The-Clown I would be none the wiser.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55441237

Brexit deal: Firms 'need guidance' to keep goods moving
By Simon Read
Business reporter

Published10 minutes ago

The elephant not in the room and barely mentioned in the deal is services. There is no automatic access to a market worth £100bn to UK firms last year. A huge sigh of relief, yes - but any celebrations may be brief.

This of course is the whole point I have been saying for decades. As an IT guy I knew the treaty of Rome was supposed to provide a framework for not just a cross border trade in goods, but also in services.

Whereas - as I found out all the way back in 1991 - there never has been any such thing. The EEC and then the EU it became never allowed it.

To be saying there is no deal on this in this agreement is the least surprising thing in the world to anyone who knows there never was a deal on it when we voted to leave
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on December 24, 2020, 12:08:15 AM
Is that the same Netherlands that has a 3:1 support for the EU, or a different one ?
What did they used to say the UK had?

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on December 24, 2020, 06:10:00 PM
66.66% empty is two-thirds empty, not half empty.
Oh no, its 33.333333333333333333333% worse than I said. You are a sad mallard.
† The end is nigh †