Is the Fat Lady about to sing?

Started by DeppityDawg, December 23, 2020, 07:37:40 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2020, 11:51:56 PM
So the nuance completely bi-passed you.  ;D  Night night!
Well, I guess it did, not that I would have a clue what nuance would mean anyway. Or even what a fat old commie like Merkel would do to save her position as commies like to be in charge for life.  :-*
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on December 23, 2020, 11:45:43 PM
Ah I see so Brexiteers are finally ground down and will accept the terms of peace whatever they might be, while both sides will call it a win and move on. Boris will be ushered off somewhere quiet for rest and recuperation and live happily ever after with Carrie and his new family.

So the nuance completely bi-passed you.  ;D  Night night!

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2020, 11:34:21 PM
Sometimes you do post in riddles but I think the government and probably many brexiteers will be only too glad to make an end to the drama. It has gone through all the genres from slapstick , then close to a murder mystery, a comic strip and a panto. Enough! We knew it would go to the wire and we have heard of ridiculous demands by the EU and Macron in particular, who mistakenly thought that we were ready for the kill. Hopefully it was a gross misjudgement and the pressure from the rest of the members and especially Merkel has brought him to heel.

For pure political reasons and to save face on both sides the wording together with the recent silence,  will camouflage just how much has been given but I sincerely hope it is the EU who has blinked the most.
Ah I see so Brexiteers are finally ground down and will accept the terms of peace whatever they might be, while both sides will call it a win and move on. Boris will be ushered off somewhere quiet for rest and recuperation and live happily ever after with Carrie and his new family.

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on December 23, 2020, 11:26:42 PM
So you reckon on a quick rollover, a covid lock up until March, followed with an almighty recession between April and June or there abouts. While Che blames it on Brexit and our mistaken voting intentions while being vile capitalists who need beheading, while a new Prime minster is ushered in with words of tough times ahead.

Sometimes you do post in riddles but I think the government and probably many brexiteers will be only too glad to make an end to the drama. It has gone through all the genres from slapstick , then close to a murder mystery, a comic strip and a panto. Enough! We knew it would go to the wire and we have heard of ridiculous demands by the EU and Macron in particular, who mistakenly thought that we were ready for the kill. Hopefully it was a gross misjudgement and the pressure from the rest of the members and especially Merkel has brought him to heel.

For pure political reasons and to save face on both sides the wording together with the recent silence,  will camouflage just how much has been given but I sincerely hope it is the EU who has blinked the most.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2020, 10:18:55 PM
The only thing I can think is that Covid has hit us so hard that recovery from no deal might be manageable but add covid to that and it will need something of a miracle and people simply won't understand. Patience is not a virtue in a struggling electorate but no matter what, we can't allow Starmer to take advantage of the plague as he most certainly will. He sits quietly praying for more and more bad luck while his numbers rise under Labour false pretences. They haven't had to meet the challenges for years.

I too would prefer a no deal conclusion but now I feel we need to be realistic. If he can achieve it without crossing the red lines we might have to take it. We wait and listen to the fat lady warbling away to cover up all the shouting while holding our breath and having fingers crossed. If he sells us short he will be out of a job, but I reckon he has had enough anyway and will go next year a weaker exhausted man. I don't think I would blame him.
So you reckon on a quick rollover, a covid lock up until March, followed with an almighty recession between April and June or there abouts. While Che blames it on Brexit and our mistaken voting intentions while being vile capitalists who need beheading, while a new Prime minster is ushered in with words of tough times ahead.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2020, 10:18:55 PM
The only thing I can think is that Covid has hit us so hard that recovery from no deal might be manageable but add covid to that and it will need something of a miracle and people simply won't understand. Patience is not a virtue in a struggling electorate but no matter what, we can't allow Starmer to take advantage of the plague as he most certainly will. He sits quietly praying for more and more bad luck while his numbers rise under Labour false pretences. They haven't had to meet the challenges for years.

I too would prefer a no deal conclusion but now I feel we need to be realistic. If he can achieve it without crossing the red lines we might have to take it. We wait and listen to the fat lady warbling away to cover up all the shouting while holding our breath and having fingers crossed. If he sells us short he will be out of a job, but I reckon he has had enough anyway and will go next year a weaker exhausted man. I don't think I would blame him.

As far as I can see the only effect of Covid has been to weed out a few oldies who were sitting in God's antechamber anyway. And it has been very much to the Treasury's credit that it able to raise the loans to fund the subsequent bailouts. I think £40 billions was raised and suggest the government dip into the resultant fund to pay for a few shitfaced, falling down the steps Christmas parties for the Treasury staff.

I can't see the point of a deal. Whatever happens neither side will be able to claim a victory and everyone will feel hard done by. The best thing will be a no deal, the result of which will be sod all difference and which will leave room for further negotiations.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 23, 2020, 10:08:27 PM
The facts have never bothered or even been understood by Gerry before, so whatever happens he will still claim that we all died of starvation four years ago when the Irish closed down the beef mines.

Gerry's world is not our world.

That said, the intelligent thing would be to go for a no deal. But Boris has been acting very strangely lately and I am not over sure that he can be relied upon to do anything intelligent

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 23, 2020, 09:59:49 PM
I can't get the picture out of m head that Boris has morphed in to Benes and is sat in a corridor waiting for the eu to tell him his nations fate.

However this ain't 1938 and if Boris does a Munich he will get his backside royally kicked,I couldn't do with Gerry smugly telling us we're a third state now and will have to accept the crumbs.

A GE and a party that says up yours will be what is required.

The facts have never bothered or even been understood by Gerry before, so whatever happens he will still claim that we all died of starvation four years ago when the Irish closed down the beef mines.

Gerry's world is not our world.

That said, the intelligent thing would be to go for a no deal. But Boris has been acting very strangely lately and I am not over sure that he can be relied upon to do anything intelligent
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

cromwell

I can't get the picture out of m head that Boris has morphed in to Benes and is sat in a corridor waiting for the eu to tell him his nations fate.

However this ain't 1938 and if Boris does a Munich he will get his backside royally kicked,I couldn't do with Gerry smugly telling us we're a third state now and will have to accept the crumbs.

A GE and a party that says up yours will be what is required.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Sheepy on December 23, 2020, 08:53:33 PMLOL I howled; I was just going to say somebody take that vicks away from him then I read the post.

Shes playing had to get now, Sheepwash  ;D

Sheepy

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 23, 2020, 08:51:05 PM
I've got the Vicks vapour rub ready ?
LOL I howled; I was just going to say somebody take that vicks away from him then I read the post.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2020, 08:39:18 PMI am not and have never been a 'luvvie'!! They are my worst nightmare!   

I've got the Vicks vapour rub ready ?

Borchester

Many questions remain, particularly why is it that in the cold bleak midwinter, the PM always stands on a box outside Number 10 to say whatever he intends to bunny on about.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 23, 2020, 08:36:15 PM
I forgot, as a performance artist, you'll know the show must go on, luvvie!!  :-*

I am not and have never been a 'luvvie'!! They are my worst nightmare!   ;D