Main Menu

No finer.

Started by Nick, December 23, 2020, 11:04:12 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2020, 12:40:10 PM
If my husband were ever to call me his ball and chain either privately or publicly he would get more than wet chips!

I always state THE Ball and Chain not my Ball and Chain.

Some years ago a man stated I had ordered my wife to do something. He was puzzled as to why all around collapsed in hysterical laughter after he made the comment.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

It all looks like fine dining from here, I had toad in the hole last night for high tea with best British pork sausages with chips and onion gravy. Mrs bucket had old veggie sausages that taste like old rope. Not what I call fine dining.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2020, 12:40:10 PM
If my husband were ever to call me his ball and chain either privately or publicly he would get more than wet chips!

totally agree toots , what a derogatory way to talk about your partner.

I like a laugh and a joke , and can be quite rude and crude at times , and my wife has a good sense of humour , but i would never dream of calling her that name either.

Wonder if he has her chained to the kitchen sink , and only lets her out to do some cleaning and shopping too?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2020, 11:59:14 AM
Personally if I were to put gravy on chips lovingly prepared  by the Ball and Chain, I would  end up with a head injury.
(I don't like wet chips anyway.)

papasmurf

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2020, 11:55:27 AMI were just brung up proper, nun of vis ull int same dish malarky in our ouse! Me ma did it elegant like! De ye knarr worra stottie ara a fadgie is? Not a clue thank goodness!

Its kind of like a big flat, doughy bun - perfect for filling with chips and gravy, or chips and mushy peas!!  ;D

papasmurf

Personally if I were to put gravy on chips lovingly prepared  by the Ball and Chain, I would  end up with a head injury.
(I don't like wet chips anyway.)

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 24, 2020, 11:49:27 AM
Toots, you're so posh and middle class. De ye knarr worra stottie ara a fadgie is?

I were just brung up proper, nun of vis ull int same dish malarky in our ouse! Me ma did it elegant like! De ye knarr worra stottie ara a fadgie is? Not a clue thank goodness!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2020, 11:42:55 AMGosh no!    Listen chips on a plate with gravy just isn't done!  I can perhaps understand (but not dine on) a pie with chips as a side order in a separate dish but together? Never!!!!

Toots, you're so posh and middle class. De ye knarr worra stottie ara a fadgie is?

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 24, 2020, 11:03:09 AM
You're not a veggie vegan, are you?

Gosh no!  :o  Listen chips on a plate with gravy just isn't done!  I can perhaps understand (but not dine on) a pie with chips as a side order in a separate dish but together? Never!!!!

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2020, 08:21:31 AM

Urrrrgggghhhhhh! It gets worse.
You're not a veggie vegan, are you?
† The end is nigh †

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2020, 08:21:31 AM

Does that bring on thoughts of , Desperate Dan, and his cow pie, Toots,  :)

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2020, 11:36:28 PM
What? Chips with gravy? That's unimaginable, stomach churning and mind blowing! YUK!

I was working in Montevideo and persuaded the manager to try vinegar on his fries instead of mayo.
He had that reaction at first but by the time I left half the canteen were having vinegar on their chips.
Don't knock it till you've tried it.  :-*
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2020, 11:36:28 PM
What? Chips with gravy? That's unimaginable, stomach churning and mind blowing! YUK!

The lady in this video dips sweet potato chips in honey. (It is also interesting in that she collects the honey without using any protective equipment.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyVTG3hp4D4

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 23, 2020, 11:56:17 PM
What about steak pie and chips with gravy.
Luvverly.