Some lite reading.

Started by Nick, December 26, 2020, 01:19:32 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on December 26, 2020, 01:00:14 PM
I can't see that going down well with Pappy, unless the new jobs are about building new DHS centres  :)
He will have plenty to do as the Covid reset button has been pushed and the Americans are in total turmoil, which never ends well.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 26, 2020, 12:42:52 PM
So nothing in it that you dont like then ?  More whats not in it  and that it has the potential to create a few jobs .

I can't see that going down well with Pappy, unless the new jobs are about building new DHS centres  :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 12:24:14 PM
No much mentioned about passported financial transactions. Too much in other areas seem to be aspirations not actualities.
There are still the elephants in the room like the lack of trained people to carry out the mountain of export to the EU compliance and certification regulations. Also where are the 200 full time current shortage of vets to carry out checks on meat exports to the EU, or the shortage on hundreds of trained border force to do checks at ports.

So nothing in it that you dont like then ?  More whats not in it  and that it has the potential to create a few jobs .

Sheepy

You can scan it a thousand times but that is the deal, once ratified into law you have to stand by it and work within it, nobody can say, it isn't a lot fairer deal then May offered, because it is all around. Perfect it isn't because it isn't a total break from the EU. The main points look OK though some of Brussels sticky fingers removed which was never going to be easy, I like to think we finished what the Irish started and proved you can say no to the EU.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 26, 2020, 12:14:10 PM

From what you have read so far is there anything you dont like ?   

No much mentioned about passported financial transactions. Too much in other areas seem to be aspirations not actualities.
There are still the elephants in the room like the lack of trained people to carry out the mountain of export to the EU compliance and certification regulations. Also where are the 200 full time current shortage of vets to carry out checks on meat exports to the EU, or the shortage on hundreds of trained border force to do checks at ports.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 12:06:05 PM
No insult involved
No there isn't,much like describing someone as a simple soul which on the Richter scale of insults doesn't even register  :-[
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 11:26:41 AM

There is no way you have read and analysed over 1200 pages.

From what you have read so far is there anything you dont like ?   The headlines of the deal as Nick has posted look OK to me . I haven't seen any serious objections against it from anywhere . A few mutterings but nobody has said anything that would make rejecting the deal an option .

Has Boris against everything that has been said pulled it off , has 'Bojo the clown' emerged  as  Bojo the wise ?   When the remoaners were asking where he was a couple of weeks back maybe he should have said '' Im reading the 1200 pages'' but then it would have spoilt the surprise  !

Look Im not saying its the greatest deal in history but it ticks the boxes as far as I can see . It puts the people we elect at the controls ,it gets us out of ever closer political union and with a bit more will upgrades border control .

I dont think the Boris Tories could have done anymore given the mess they were left in by the previous Mayhem Tory government and years of sedition from various other quarters  .

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on December 26, 2020, 12:01:42 PM
Let us get this straight Pappy.

You have insulted my reading skills but have decided that you are the one that has been offended  :)
Nick is doing his victory lap and smurfy wants a steward's enquiry.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 26, 2020, 12:01:42 PM

You have insulted my reading skills but have decided that you are the one that has been offended  :)

No insult involved,  you are as per usual taking the mickey. No-one can read, mark, learn and inwardly digest an over 1200 pages long complex document in the short time since it has been published.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 11:26:41 AM
You are incapable of stopping the personal insults, that have zero to do with the subject of the thread.

Let us get this straight Pappy.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 26, 2020, 10:53:49 AM
Kid's stuff. I dare say that sort of thing might fox simple folk such as yourself Pappy, but then you have probably never read Tolley's Tax Guide, which is of such a size that one of my managers used to sit on so as to see over the top of her desk

You are incapable of stopping the personal insults, that have zero to do with the subject of the thread.

Nick

What's not to like? Ticks all the boxes for me.

2. The United Kingdom and the European Union have agreed to unprecedented 100% tariff liberalisation.

3. The Agreement also includes provisions to support trade in services (including financial services and legal services).

4. The Agreement firmly and explicitly recognises UK sovereignty over our fishing waters and puts us in a position to rebuild our fishing fleet and increase quotas in the next few years, finally overturning the inequity that British fishermen have faced for over four decades.

5. The Agreement ensures streamlined co-operation on law enforcement to ensure we continue to effectively tackle serious organised crime and counter terrorism - protecting the public and bringing criminals to justice.

6. The Agreement is based on international law, not EU law. There is no role for the European Court of Justice and no requirements for the UK to continue following EU law.

7. The Government has embedded into this Agreement our manifesto commitment to high labour environment and climate standards without giving the EU any say over our rules.

8. This Agreement ends the EU State Aid regime in Great Britain and allows us to introduce our own modern subsidy system so that we can better support businesses to grow and thrive in a way that best suits the interests of British industries.

9. The Agreement also includes arrangements for airlines and hauliers that provides them with certainty and gives people the ability to travel to and from the EU easily.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 10:35:49 AM
You can't have managed to read over 1200 pages yet in order to form an opinion.
Have you?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 10:35:49 AM

Kid's stuff. I dare say that sort of thing might fox simple folk such as yourself Pappy, but then you have probably never read Tolley's Tax Guide, which is of such a size that one of my managers used to sit on so as to see over the top of her desk
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 26, 2020, 10:26:30 AM
I said that it is not a bad deal,