Some lite reading.

Started by Nick, December 26, 2020, 01:19:32 AM

« previous - next »

Tbird

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2020, 12:06:49 PM
I hear the SNP are voting against the deal, so they must want a no deal Brexit!
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-55355628
And some remoaner (and probably Brussel) are now regretted that they put all their bet on the futile effort of overturning the referendum result instead of gave some support to Traitor May's deplorable brexit approach.

In fact, had Brussel made the deal a little bit less obnoxious, Traitor May was very likely got enough vote from remoaners within conservative, Labor and even SNP and locked UK in a BINO.

All I can say, is that I concur with the Italian MEP: God save the Queen

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2020, 01:00:37 PM
Almost agree there Gerry,definitely sign it though scrutiny is essential.

i dont agree with gerry , scrutiny is essential no matter how long it takes.

This is the same gerry who was on here calling johnson a liar and that he was trying to push stuff through westmisnter without ay scrutiny in the past now arguing for signing off agreements blindfold.

Doesnt matter though , any discrepancies in johnsons wee agreement will soon come out in the wash.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Almost agree there Gerry,definitely sign it though scrutiny is essential.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2020, 12:06:49 PM

Probably the harder the better.  :)

Of course they are going to vote against it and continue to stick with remain ,which is what their constituents want scotland to do.

Representing scotland as ever , while english toris piss on us , which is why english tories dont win elections in scotland.

well done boris , you are doing a fine job for indy ,and i will personally get involved in putting a statue up to you in george square  if you carry on helping us much more. ;D

GerryT

Well I for one think everyone should stop scrutinising the deal and sign it. Get it ratified on both sides and move on. No deal and both parties lose, a deal and both parties win.
I for one am still stuffing my face with food and drink, when i emerge i presume there will be so detailed analysis on how the deal operates.
Does anyone know the outcome of the 3 sticking points
Fish
Governance
Level playing field
And one i will add, VAT on imports/exports.

Thur 11pm, will this be provisionally applied.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on December 26, 2020, 11:20:20 AM
What's not to like? Ticks all the boxes for me.

2. The United Kingdom and the European Union have agreed to unprecedented 100% tariff liberalisation.

3. The Agreement also includes provisions to support trade in services (including financial services and legal services).

4. The Agreement firmly and explicitly recognises UK sovereignty over our fishing waters and puts us in a position to rebuild our fishing fleet and increase quotas in the next few years, finally overturning the inequity that British fishermen have faced for over four decades.

5. The Agreement ensures streamlined co-operation on law enforcement to ensure we continue to effectively tackle serious organised crime and counter terrorism - protecting the public and bringing criminals to justice.

6. The Agreement is based on international law, not EU law. There is no role for the European Court of Justice and no requirements for the UK to continue following EU law.

7. The Government has embedded into this Agreement our manifesto commitment to high labour environment and climate standards without giving the EU any say over our rules.

8. This Agreement ends the EU State Aid regime in Great Britain and allows us to introduce our own modern subsidy system so that we can better support businesses to grow and thrive in a way that best suits the interests of British industries.

9. The Agreement also includes arrangements for airlines and hauliers that provides them with certainty and gives people the ability to travel to and from the EU easily.

OK

I read your 34 pages in about ten minutes. That took all of my skill in analysis of research papers written by scientists presenting their research in the best possible light so as to obtain further research funding. I note much that is summarised, and much that is skimmed over. While I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to actually LIE in the summary I trust you accept I feel a little sceptical. Having said that my overwhelming view is that if operated in good faith by both sides then we are getting somewhere. In another thread I pointed to the FIVE YEAR transition period during which the EU will be able to pillage our fishing grounds as they do now, but the reality I suppose is that the United Kingdom government in previous years pushed our fishermen to the point they burned their boats (literally) so it will probably TAKE five years for the UK fishing industry to put itself in a place where they can take full advantage.

34 pages took 10-15 minutes, 1200 will take me about 529 minutes, say ten hours, and requite significant paracetamol intake. I wonlt be doing that today.

PS. running with CHROME. When I write a passage in the editor and delete spaces to bring one sentence back against another your editor chucks random "[SIZE]" tags into my post...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 26, 2020, 01:44:15 PM
Shocker!!

im sure boris is mortally offended and deeply disappointed.

How can the world move on without pappys approval?

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 01:08:30 PM
Joking apart more JobCentres and DHS centres have been needed for a very long time.

Start a thread on it then pappy.

Meanwhile this thread is about boris deal.

I have to say pappy , i think you should get outside and get some fresh air. Sitting on here all day moaning about the tories and telling us how nothing they ever do is worthwhile is starting to send you a bit loopy.

5 days or thereabouts , and if the minions of the dark lord morgoth dont cover middle earth in a second darkness , i think you are going to look  yet again ,a wee bit stupid as ever.

I remember backin 2010 or thereabouts when you told us cornwall was going to sink beneath the waves if the tories got elected and guess what ....it never happened.

Then in 2015 , you told us the final few  of your layabout mates who were left on the benefits system would be sytematically massacred by esther mcvey if the tories won again , and guess what ....it never happened.

Then 2017 we heard similar hyperbole  , and then again 2019 , now the dawn of a new age , and yet again pappy is spouting the same tired old nonsense .

You know pappy i thought of you earlier.I was just reading a story about a family from truro.

Hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away, Katie went straight to her grandparents' house to visit her 95 year-old grandmother and comfort her. When she asked how her grandfather had died, her grandmother replied, "He had a heart attack while we were making love on Sunday morning."

Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that 2 people, nearly 100 years old, having sex would surely be asking for trouble.

"Oh no, my dear," replied granny. "Many years ago, realising our advanced age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the church bells would start to ring. It was just the right rhythm. Nice and slow and even. Nothing too strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on the Dong." She paused to wipe away a tear, and continued, "He'd still be alive if that ice cream truck hadn't come along."

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 26, 2020, 01:20:12 PM
Still have some reservations but dear old Ed hates it so they become less.

When their election pledge was to stop brexit.......full stop how did that go then? :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdwardJDavey/status/1342817444696649731?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I have to say that when he said that he had not read the treaty but did not like it I thought, ahha, this lad should go into politics.  :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Still have some reservations but dear old Ed hates it so they become less.

When their election pledge was to stop brexit.......full stop how did that go then? :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdwardJDavey/status/1342817444696649731?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 26, 2020, 01:00:14 PM
I can't see that going down well with Pappy, unless the new jobs are about building new DHS centres  :)

Joking apart more JobCentres and DHS centres have been needed for a very long time.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

I'm sure Bill Cash will find any hidden tripwires.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 26, 2020, 12:42:52 PM
So nothing in it that you dont like then ?  More whats not in it  and that it has the potential to create a few jobs .

A lot in it I don't  like.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe