Some lite reading.

Started by Nick, December 26, 2020, 01:19:32 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on December 28, 2020, 08:03:05 PM
LOL well I howled with laughter, surely you weren't expecting little Gerry turning up with and saying I respect people who have the courage of their convictions. Who have followed it through until the end?

i fink gerry has followed through a few times since 2016 sheep.

What do you think of this tweet ?

QuoteTweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
BrexitBrit #BelieveInBritain #GlobalBritain
@BrexitBrit
Nigel rightly described Lord Adonis as "a dishonest, disconnected, twisting, little weasel (who) treats ordinary working men and women in Britain with total and utter contempt"

He is also spot on: we need to sack the lot of them in the House of Lords

RT if you agree

https://twitter.com/BrexitBrit/status/1343478418822852608

to be honest he is spot on isnt he sheep ............ That adonis is a feckin wee labour party creep. Cant stand the man.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on December 28, 2020, 06:43:35 PM
Nope

According to the Irish Times, ..

" as part of the EU, Ireland now has more power than the UK."

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/can-we-draw-a-final-line-under-the-sorry-mess-that-was-brexit-fat-chance-1.4445947

We are f**ked and the UK can soon expect to be subjugated by the Irish Republic and turned into the 27th county with Gerry as Viceroy. :)
LOL well I howled with laughter, surely you weren't expecting little Gerry turning up with and saying I respect people who have the courage of their convictions. Who have followed it through until the end?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 28, 2020, 07:15:33 PM
It's not cobblers, like contract law, unless both parties agree if one tries to run rough shot the other will take action.

what do you fink gerry?

Should the english knight mr farage for services to democracy?

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 28, 2020, 07:29:50 PM
Poor borkey has trouble reading. Did you see the example of how Canada and USA get on. The much larger party to the agreement basically telling the smaller how things will be. Suggesting this is how the EU/UK may unfold. Personally I doubt it as the EU is not the bullying sort.

well i havent laughed so hard since labour lost the general election and was convicted of being a party full of anti semites.

do go on though gerry , its been a crap christmas and we need cheering up by a delusional fantasist who thinkes he is machiavellian.

;D

Quote(no schooling I know it's not a word of british origin.

A word of british origin?

What a strange thing to say...there is as all the world knows , especially in ireland , not such language as british. We speak , as do you , engllish.

Dont you mean a word of english origin ?

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 28, 2020, 07:12:52 PM
Yet again you misquote. I said the UK can't unilaterally change an agreement unless that's a clause of the agreement.

im not misquoting you. You were on the old forum going mental earlier this year about johnson breaking an unbreakable agreement which you readily admitted he was easily capable of doing , regading brexit and northern ireland , now you backtrack and claim the uk parliament can't( until the next one steps up ready to break an an unbreakbale agreement. 8))

The eu has already accepted the principle of international law being unable to override national law in catalonia so what are you talking about? All dragged out and discussed before.

QuoteThe rest of your post is just garbage, your saying a future UK Govt can change the law and as an example you cite IRL where the Irish had to sign a document or be killed and when IRL did unilaterally look to get out it led to more war and death.

every unbreakable law in history has an excuse , in this case its the poor oppressed irish being killed. You signed an unbreakable agreement  , it was passed into an act of parliament and you broke it later. A clear example of the utter cac you talk.

QuoteIs that what you mean when you say a future UK Govt can do what it wants, by going to war and getting out the gun boats ? a bit extreme don't you think.

i havent said any of this. Shouldnt it be the other way around, ireland and the labour party threatening the uk with war and gunboats , or should that be currachs full of poiteen , if the uk breaks a treaty that cannot be broken in gerrys world?

Lets be clear any UK Govt can rewrite any UK law with zero repercussion as no future UK Govt can be bound. But as I say if a future UK Govt tries that exceptionalist superiority position with say a global partner the UK intent would be to go to war or possibly a cold war involving tariffs, embargoes etc.

By that logic any UK govt can kill say the president of the USA and that's all ok, because the UK can do what it wants globally and all it would mean is another war.

Dont talk cac , i havent said any of this , and i havent said a third party couldnt "try" and enforce repercussions. I simply said no treaty in history is unbreakable.

QuoteAre you sure because I seem to remember when Johnson signed the WA there was great celebration, talk of a national holiday, then 6mths later they were trying to get out of the deal, which they didn't because they couldn't.

from the scottish yes movement?

Are you inventing lies yet again?

The snp and wider yes movement were against the WA  , as being bad for scotland so what are you talkking about?

QuoteBrexit: SNP makes last-ditch bid to stop Boris Johnson's EU withdrawal bill becoming law

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-snp-boris-johnson-eu-withdrawal-bill-scotland-a9295586.html

you are a compulsive liar gerry  ,and about as machiavellian as a two year old child with less cunning.

QuoteYou also misquote me on Johnson, I said he was a convicted liar which he is.

where did i misquote you?

GerryT

Nope

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/can-we-draw-a-final-line-under-the-sorry-mess-that-was-brexit-fat-chance-1.4445947

We are f**ked and the UK can soon expect to be subjugated by the Irish Republic and turned into the 27th county with Gerry as Viceroy. :)
Poor borkey has trouble reading. Did you see the example of how Canada and USA get on. The much larger party to the agreement basically telling the smaller how things will be. Suggesting this is how the EU/UK may unfold. Personally I doubt it as the EU is not the bullying sort. The final point of the article if you could understand was that IRL being part of the EU is now the stronger party of the EU/UK relationship, turning hundreds of yrs of UK dominance over our country. Most Irish people would understand the significance.Viceroy-such a British thing. (no schooling I know it's not a word of british origin.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2020, 06:11:48 PM
Cobblers......as Thomas has already pointed out.
It's not cobblers, like contract law, unless both parties agree if one tries to run rough shot the other will take action. What you do domestically is your own business, any new Govt. can change past Govt decisions at will. But to change a past Govt deal such as the WA or this new trade deal will involve sitting down with the EU and asking pretty please.

Thomas

Gerry and his friends in british labour are  far too machiavellian for us borkie.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 05:57:08 PMrubbish. No deal in history is binding forevermore. Things can be changed by one or more parties. Again though gerry we go over old old ground.

You seem to ..rubbish rubbish...  and fail.
Yet again you misquote. I said the UK can't unilaterally change an agreement unless that's a clause of the agreement. The only other way would be by agreement of all parties to the agreement or if the agreement ran out of time if that was applicable. There might be other ways but do you get the point, the UK can't unilaterally change an agreement (internationally agreed treaty). If the UK does try there are means for the other parties of the treaty for recourse, it's why Johnson dropped his IMB clauses that he was bluffing with.
The rest of your post is just garbage, your saying a future UK Govt can change the law and as an example you cite IRL where the Irish had to sign a document or be killed and when IRL did unilaterally look to get out it led to more war and death.

Is that what you mean when you say a future UK Govt can do what it wants, by going to war and getting out the gun boats ? a bit extreme don't you think.

Lets be clear any UK Govt can rewrite any UK law with zero repercussion as no future UK Govt can be bound. But as I say if a future UK Govt tries that exceptionalist superiority position with say a global partner the UK intent would be to go to war or possibly a cold war involving tariffs, embargoes etc.

By that logic any UK govt can kill say the president of the USA and that's all ok, because the UK can do what it wants globally and all it would mean is another war.

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 05:57:08 PMWere they? The yes movement hasnt been ecstatic about anything in this feckin union since 2014. Every lie labour have told has been shown for what it is , bullshit , and scotland been dragged through the mud for 6 years now because of the labour party.

English remainers werent  ecstatic either though were they? They were hiding in the cupboard licking their wounds after a rollicking defeat of epic proportions after telling us all how remain and the silent remain majority in england  was going to stop johnson . In fact , scotland was the only place were johnson lost and lost heavily.

We will see what we wil see.
Are you sure because I seem to remember when Johnson signed the WA there was great celebration, talk of a national holiday, then 6mths later they were trying to get out of the deal, which they didn't because they couldn't.

You also misquote me on Johnson, I said he was a convicted liar which he is. That is in reference to the proroguing of parliament. He didn't lie about trying to get out of the WA, he just stopped his bluff at the final fence.

cromwell

Nope

As Viceroy?
Always thought he was called Mander
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2020, 06:11:48 PM

Nope

We are fucked and the UK can soon expect to be subjugated by the Irish Republic and turned into the 27th county with Gerry as Viceroy. :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on December 28, 2020, 04:03:26 PM
you'll find any binding agreement this current Govt signs up to, such as the WA is binding on every future UK Govt. Fully binding and cannot be unilaterally undone
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 28, 2020, 04:03:26 PM
That's said alot and is true for internal laws in the UK, but you'll find any binding agreement this current Govt signs up to, such as the WA is binding on every future UK Govt. Fully binding and cannot be unilaterally abandoned unless that's in the agreement.

rubbish. No deal in history is binding forevermore. Things can be changed by one or more parties. Again though gerry we go over old old ground.

You seem to do this a lot you know.......go over an argument and lose that argument , then regurgitate the same argument a few months down the line. very labour party esque i must say. ;D

Practically everything you have said on these forums over the last few years regarding brexit has been wrong. Here you are again making yet more silly future predictions of agreements being binding in stone forever.

The uk parliament  , which we hope to be out of pretty soon , can make laws on anything it so chooses. No current parliament can bind a future parliament on anything. Any future parliament in the uk , or england if all that is whats left , can reverse or change any act of a previous parliament .

You are all over the place. One minute you were calling johnson a liar and cant be trusted , breaking agreements he had already signed and all the rest , now you toss off empty platitudes and surety that whatever is agreed today cannot be broken tomorrow.

There isnt an agreement in history that couldnt be undone  , broken , changed or ridden over if one or both parties have reason to , its called democracy mate.

History shows this , the world would have chaged little over the past 2000 years if treaties and agreements werent changed or broken.

The irish broke (one of many) the agreement they made when henry passed an act stating himself and his heirs and successors be kings of ireland and ireland knit to the english realm forevermore. It was in the 1541 agreement , which practically every single irish lord  promised to give up thier old irish titles in favour of feudalised english ones whilst giving up irish law and language for english law and language.

You broke that treaty when you rebelled , became a republic and left the uk so what are you talking about?

Before you give me your latest virtue signalling performance of the poor and oppressed , spare me. We are talking about the principle of breaking  unbreakable treaties , of which we have many examples over the centuries.

On top of that , it was around 2017 you english remainers were jumping around the old forum telling us parliament can do as it pleases and no unbreakable  agreement can bind it so what are you talking about?

When democracy becomes inconvenient  , gerry and labour try and move the goalposts. ...and fail.

QuoteThey were ecstatic about the WA also.

Were they? The yes movement hasnt been ecstatic about anything in this feckin union since 2014. Every lie labour have told has been shown for what it is , bullshit , and scotland been dragged through the mud for 6 years now because of the labour party.

English remainers werent  ecstatic either though were they? They were hiding in the cupboard licking their wounds after a rollicking defeat of epic proportions after telling us all how remain and the silent remain majority in england  was going to stop johnson . In fact , scotland was the only place were johnson lost and lost heavily.

We will see what we wil see.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 03:30:14 PM
lol gerry.

That sounds like the labour party in englands view , lets get the deal signed support it , get brexit done , and try and move on while adjusting the deal back to a BRINO or full rejoining if they win the next GE.

Im optimistic about 2021 myself politically.

Theres only so long they can keep the chinese sniffles trundling along ,  and more and more im reading hearing and seeing people say why has the paddies in northern ireland been so well looked after , the english and welsh got what they voted for while scotland remains the only part of the current uk to get sweet feck all despite having the highest remain vote?

Theres always time left , dont you worry. No parliament can bind a future parliament .
That's said alot and is true for internal laws in the UK, but you'll find any binding agreement this current Govt signs up to, such as the WA is binding on every future UK Govt. Fully binding and cannot be unilaterally abandoned unless that's in the agreement.

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 03:30:14 PMThe yes movement seem particularly optimisitic about johnsons deal which can't be a bad thing.
They were ecstatic about the WA also.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 28, 2020, 03:00:40 PM
The Treaties of Utrecht are still causing problems hundreds of years later.

Was not one of the provisions that a single British ship would be allowed to trade with the Spanish colonies once a year? The Spanish government thought it too much and the British government too little. But no one else took any notice because the ship would stay on the hook in Spanish waters while continually having its cargo replenished by other British ships (and anyone else who wanted a slice of the cake), much to the delight of the ordinary Spanish and British who wanted to trade with each other.

So the moral of this story, is that businessmen haven't got any but as long as you have an eager buyer and a happy seller, it does not matter over much.
Algerie Francais !