Indy Dead??

Started by Nick, December 26, 2020, 11:39:50 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 27, 2020, 07:25:21 PM
to say I can't see myself as a British national is as arrogant as that you accuse T00ts of.

well aye i do cromwell. Toots was being arrogean in her post, typical empire mentality , "we wont allow" and all this cac. Also im not trying to shove my nationality down your throat , you and your ilk are trying to shove british ness down our throats.

Feck yer british passport.

Hopefully i will have a scottish one fairly soon. ;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 27, 2020, 07:25:21 PM
Yes I know it was,however to say I can't see myself as a British national is as arrogant as that you accuse T00ts of.
I regard myself as British first and English second,you may not like it think that a forum discussion disproves this,it doesn't  and witness that I defeated the bureaucrats bollocks.

irrelevant.

Doesnt matter what i like , or what you like. Nationalism is a personal thing. There are millions of not billions around the globe who dont possess a travel docuyment  , are you saying they dont have a nationality ?

Nations  and nationality dont exist because civil servants go around handing out bits of paper wether travel documents , birth certificate or whatever.

Its a wee bit more complicated than that cromwell.

You can think of your nationality whatever you like , but your travel document is the same as pedro in gribraltar who wasnt born in or hasnt set foot in these islands so it means nothing except as a pass to travel.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on December 27, 2020, 06:54:35 PM
We did this to death years ago cromwell.

A british passport isnt evidence of you being a british national. John of gwent commentd on this that a british passport , which is a travel document nothing more , was once evidence that you were part of an entity called the british empire.

Someone born in say india from memory was entitled to a briths passport just as someone  born in manchester .

Today , a manc has the same british travel document as someone  in say gibraltar.

How can someone  in gibraltar be a national of a nation called britian if they have never set foot in britian?

Further using a map , past or present , show me where there is a nation called "britian?"

I posted old scottish  birth and marriage certificate i had showing my nationality is scottish. They are as valid a marker of nationality for arguments sake as your travel document. Bits of paper all.,

How come this imagnieray nation called britian doesnt issue birth or marriage certificates unlike other nations?
Yes I know it was,however to say I can't see myself as a British national is as arrogant as that you accuse T00ts of.
I regard myself as British first and English second,you may not like it think that a forum discussion disproves this,it doesn't  and witness that I defeated the bureaucrats bollocks.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 27, 2020, 07:15:55 PM
As I posted before, I see the hard core Scexiters as being like the hardcore core Brexiters, they don't care if their arses end up hanging out of their trousers, they want an independent Scotland.

That said, if it comes down pounds, shillings and pence, the SNP will have a job matching Boris. Remember that this is a man who wanted to build a flower bridge across the Thames. Not a few flower boxes from B&Q hanging from the sides of the rail bridge from London Bridge to Waterloo, but a £200 millions pound extravaganza that, amazingly enough, a lot of us thought was a good idea.

And then there was the Chinese flu when BoJo sent half the country off on paid leave. In normal circumstances the Blond Moppet's impulse is to spend money like a drunken sailor. In the event of a campaign to preserve the Union he will spend it like a drunken sailor who has won the lottery.

As said, I doubt that many Scexiters will be swayed, but maybe enough.

sorry borkie , but v been pissed now for about four days and i feel the need of a wee bit of my nations culture .

so am away to listen to some of this.....

https://youtu.be/wBciual7Ww4

wee bit of a jig with out european brothers. ;D

That auld cant on the drums  looks about your age. ;D

Borchester

As I posted before, I see the hard core Scexiters as being like the hardcore core Brexiters, they don't care if their arses end up hanging out of their trousers, they want an independent Scotland.

That said, if it comes down pounds, shillings and pence, the SNP will have a job matching Boris. Remember that this is a man who wanted to build a flower bridge across the Thames. Not a few flower boxes from B&Q hanging from the sides of the rail bridge from London Bridge to Waterloo, but a £200 millions pound extravaganza that, amazingly enough, a lot of us thought was a good idea.

And then there was the Chinese flu when BoJo sent half the country off on paid leave. In normal circumstances the Blond Moppet's impulse is to spend money like a drunken sailor. In the event of a campaign to preserve the Union he will spend it like a drunken sailor who has won the lottery.

As said, I doubt that many Scexiters will be swayed, but maybe enough.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 27, 2020, 03:59:04 PM

I told him to sod off and won in the end on the grounds I had a British passport.

We did this to death years ago cromwell.

A british passport isnt evidence of you being a british national. John of gwent commentd on this that a british passport , which is a travel document nothing more , was once evidence that you were part of an entity called the british empire.

Someone born in say india from memory was entitled to a briths passport just as someone  born in manchester .

Today , a manc has the same british travel document as someone  in say gibraltar.

How can someone  in gibraltar be a national of a nation called britian if they have never set foot in britian?

Further using a map , past or present , show me where there is a nation called "britian?"

I posted old scottish  birth and marriage certificate i had showing my nationality is scottish. They are as valid a marker of nationality for arguments sake as your travel document. Bits of paper all.,

How come this imagnieray nation called britian doesnt issue birth or marriage certificates unlike other nations?

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 27, 2020, 06:44:59 PM
Not intentionally arrogant appologies! I just mean that any Government will do their best to avoid it, for all the obvious reasons.

your government has no way of stopping an indy ref.

How did westminster manage to lose 63 nations by doing their best to avoid independence?

Lets hope they are equally hard headed with us!

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 27, 2020, 02:03:55 PM
No not at all. There would be a hard border and tho in the Border regions may not be too suited with having to go through to get to Tesco's for example.
I am of course assuming the EU will apply all its none sense in this situation, or was the Irish border just a pawn in their game?
rubbish nick.

The vast majority of scottish people rarely if ever venture across the border , a guy on one of the scot forums posted info about this years ago during the old indy ref .

The scot english border has been there for centuries , everyone is used to it , and currently and for the last three hundred years it has been a legal border between two differing legal systems .

I also posted a poll from a few years back showing the vast majority of scots would accept an extremely hard border between scotland and england to stay in  , or join the eu.

QuoteAccording to our recent Panelbase poll, it turns out that a hard border at Berwick and Gretna is a price that Scottish voters are – by a margin of more than two to one – willing to pay to stay in the EU.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on December 27, 2020, 06:37:28 PM
I think this sounds quite arrogant and condescending toots.

Great stuff.

63 nations left the british empire , and the vast majority werent given a chance , but took independence wether westminster liked it or not.

Not intentionally arrogant appologies! I just mean that any Government will do their best to avoid it, for all the obvious reasons.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on December 27, 2020, 11:51:15 AM
I don't think it's quite dead, but it won't lie down until there has been another referendum. The argument is valid that the circumstances have now changed since the first referendum. The argument was that if they left the UK, then they would also leave the EU, as if remaining was a good thing.
Now they are out, next year they should be given the opportunity to have another referendum. Preventing a referendum only stokes the fires of their cause.
I would expect the Nationalists to lose again.
Then Indy will be dead.

agree wih your post apart from obviously indy being dead and losing .

What do you mean the nationalists.?

Barry withrespect you are a nationalist , same as me. Just that we are nationalists of differing nations.

I agre though , the longer johnson keeps saying no , the more he is pushing support for scot indy through the roof.  As we said over the last four years, no one likes anti democrats , and if johnson is scared of democracy , and keeps saying no , he is literally printing off yes votes by the thousand.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 27, 2020, 12:08:38 AM
I don't think they will be given the chance.

I think this sounds quite arrogant and condescending toots.

Great stuff.

63 nations left the british empire , and the vast majority werent given a chance , but took independence wether westminster liked it or not.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 26, 2020, 11:39:50 PM

The other side of this is: If Scotland did get independence they would take about 50% of the UK fishing waters with them, that would be a massive bargaining tool to re-enter the EU.

No nick scotland wouldnt take 50% of the uk fishing waters . You have plucked this figure straight out of fresh air.

Scotlands eez is 62% of the current uk waters , England itself only has 31 %.

Total UK sea area to EEZ limit

100%

Scottish seas

62%

English seas

31%

Welsh seas

4%

Northern Ireland seas

1%

Guernsey seas

1%

Jersey seas

½ %

Isle of Man seas

½ %

http://marine.gov.scot/data/facts-and-figures-about-scotlands-sea-area-coastline-length-sea-area-sq-kms

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 27, 2020, 06:08:03 PM
I am commenting  on the less than enthusiastic comments from  Scotland's politicians about the deal.

That's fine but the thread is about Scotland's future under a deal that gives them equivalent access to the EU and a much larger fishing quota. How will they react if the deal is doing more for them than under the EU membership they have now.

It's NOT about will they be doing better before you throw that in.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 27, 2020, 05:59:04 PM
That is the deal on paper, not what the outcome of the deal looks like in 12 months time for example.
It's pointless conversing if you can't understand the context of a post.

I am commenting  on the less than enthusiastic comments from  Scotland's politicians about the deal.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 27, 2020, 05:49:01 PM
Haven't been watching news and current affairs. Scotland's elected representatives seem to be less than happy with the deal.

That is the deal on paper, not what the outcome of the deal looks like in 12 months time for example.
It's pointless conversing if you can't understand the context of a post.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.