Indy Dead??

Started by Nick, December 26, 2020, 11:39:50 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 28, 2020, 07:55:39 PM
I think that I still have a vote in Scotland. Good folk Edinburgh Council. Endlessly bureaucratic and happily incompetent. I have voted SNP before Tommy and for your sake, I will do it again.   :)

;D

useless chavvy barstewards in that edinburgh borkie.

You know i still support scotlands capital being returned to scone. ;D

It was a few mud huts and a collection of wooden fences till king david turned it into a burgh.

Just doesnt have the class or sense of presence that my glesga does.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 07:47:27 PM
Its always been the way borkie , westminster ruled by the same ideals as the roman empire. Get the colonised to police the colony .

Trouble is , what tended to happen is the loyal colonists got smaller in number  and smaller till they went native and rebelled .

I think that I still have a vote in Scotland. Good folk Edinburgh Council. Endlessly bureaucratic and happily incompetent. I have voted SNP before Tommy and for your sake, I will do it again.   :)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 28, 2020, 07:11:02 PM
Well true SW, but that is mostly the English. It is the buggers in Scotland who want to stay.

Its always been the way borkie , westminster ruled by the same ideals as the roman empire. Get the colonised to police the colony .

Trouble is , what tended to happen is the loyal colonists got smaller in number  and smaller till they went native and rebelled .

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 28, 2020, 07:16:21 PM
Maybe they should ask us to join in the vote so we can push it over the line  ;)

easily done. Hold an english only referendum on ending the current uk , job done.

I know mate its your politicians that are the problem. Most english people are the decent sort who dont like anti democrats any more than we do , who run scared of referendums , but there you go.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on December 28, 2020, 07:11:02 PM
Well true SW, but that is mostly the English. It is the buggers in Scotland who want to stay.

Maybe they should ask us to join in the vote so we can push it over the line  ;)

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 28, 2020, 06:48:29 PM
Well according to a UGov chat survey Ive just done 60% of people  think Scotland should be independent . That could change of course by the end of the survey but I think you could say Indy is not dead

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 04:06:17 PMSturgeon and the snp are extremely pro eu , and will take an indy scotland right into the eu as we know. Scotland will then have the same deal with the ruk as the rest of the eu has , so im not sure what you are saying?

You have no guarantee the EU will allow you free passage straight back in.  But like I said, the fishing is a big carrot.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Well according to a UGov chat survey Ive just done 60% of people  think Scotland should be independent . That could change of course by the end of the survey but I think you could say Indy is not dead

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 28, 2020, 03:48:14 PM
Not sure you're understanding me.

If you win a court case and hold a referendum in May for example it's all immaterial.

BUT...

If in 18 months time you've not managed the get the referendum and Brexit turns out to be Shangri-lah and no ones ever had as much cash in their pockets, the Scottish fishing industry is booming, blah blah blah.
What will the mood in the Indy camp be then? Will they want to leave the UK and the deal we have with EU?
Scotland won't have a deal with the, let's still call it the UK, or the EU.

I'm not in any way suggesting the Leave vote isn't in any way real now, but under the above scenario how many might think things ain't too bad.

Please don't tell me it's not going to happen cause it just did 'in this thread', and that's what the question is. I'm not suggesting you won't get the referendum, I hope you do, but in this thread you don't get it for a while. 😉

im understanding you clearly nick. Im not sure you are understanding me.

I tell you the can kicking jam tomorrow tactics arent working , so you reply by can kicking and offering jam tomorrow? ;D

Brexit has no influence on 45 % of the scottish indy supporting public from 2014...we know they want indy at any cost , as i keep telling you.

The brexit argument is something for the undecided to ponder . Most of whom voted to remain , and the anger the have from 2016 is that their vote was torn up and laughed at. england had spoken.

So you say to them please dont leave , i know we lied to you in 2014 , i know we ignored your 2016 vote , but i promise there will be jam tomorror in 18 months time ..........possibly.

;D

money in the back pocket and shanghri la nick please stope it. ;D

as for this...
Scotland won't have a deal with the, let's still call it the UK, or the EU

What are you talking about?

Sturgeon and the snp are extremely pro eu , and will take an indy scotland right into the eu as we know. Scotland will then have the same deal with the ruk as the rest of the eu has , so im not sure what you are saying?

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 01:05:12 PM
We have been hearing since 2007 that thats it jocks , the funs over bck in your box , the snp honeymoon is over , british jam tomorrow is just around the corner.

Now nicks tells us it another 18 months away , and when we get there , the can will get  kicked down the road a bit more.

Its not a new or clever argument nick , and you know it.

Not sure you're understanding me.

If you win a court case and hold a referendum in May for example it's all immaterial.

BUT...

If in 18 months time you've not managed the get the referendum and Brexit turns out to be Shangri-lah and no ones ever had as much cash in their pockets, the Scottish fishing industry is booming, blah blah blah.
What will the mood in the Indy camp be then? Will they want to leave the UK and the deal we have with EU?
Scotland won't have a deal with the, let's still call it the UK, or the EU.

I'm not in any way suggesting the Leave vote isn't in any way real now, but under the above scenario how many might think things ain't too bad.

Please don't tell me it's not going to happen cause it just did 'in this thread', and that's what the question is. I'm not suggesting you won't get the referendum, I hope you do, but in this thread you don't get it for a while. 😉

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 01:07:26 PMThe liberal elite are no friends of yours or mine
Ain't that the truth Thomas, ain't that the truth.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on December 28, 2020, 01:01:29 PM
We will see, for sure I have read some of the spite they are capable of and seen plenty of it over the years, even if you do get a referendum, they still have the advantage that you are pro EU, so in that sense they still have a stick.

im not personally pro eu as you know sheep , it isnt a priority for me. EFTA is interesteing , andf there are many who also want to explore other avenues i nthe yes movement.

The liberal elite are no friends of yours or mine .i dont want theri help anymore than i wanted thier supporters on my side on this very forum.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 28, 2020, 12:53:54 PM
We haven't cause we are not 18 months down the road.

We have been hearing since 2007 that thats it jocks , the funs over bck in your box , the snp honeymoon is over , british jam tomorrow is just around the corner.

Now nicks tells us it another 18 months away , and when we get there , the can will get  kicked down the road a bit more.

Its not a new or clever argument nick , and you know it.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 12:52:13 PM
not sure i agree sheep. The liberal elite don not want scot indy anymore than brexit. They are status quoers , as i call small c tories like pat , through to beelbeeb and javert and the like and those who support both the liberal elite and the status quo.

English brexiter , remainer , liberal, tory , green , kipper , and both red tories like robin goodfellow and momentum types like sensitive steve downed tools in 2014 , stood shoulder to shoulder , and threw everything they could arm in arm against scot indy , and it wont be any different next time.

Scotland like northern ireland is merely a tool to use for frightening , but they wont let things go as far as allowing jocks or the paddies a vote on the matter.

Havent you read my posts with the likes of gerry . who merely wanted to use northern ireland to stop england leaving the eu , but wont go as far as to support in any way a border poll in the near future for all his puerile reasons?

Same with us , they will try and reign us in before scot indy gets as far as a vote.
We will see, for sure I have read some of the spite they are capable of and seen plenty of it over the years, even if you do get a referendum, they still have the advantage that you are pro EU, so in that sense they still have a stick.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 12:18:11 PM
Well as you can see nick we have done that. Indy isnt dead , its at its highest support in 40 years.

We haven't cause we are not 18 months down the road.