Did you keep to the rules at Christmas?

Started by Barry, December 27, 2020, 02:30:18 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2020, 06:10:42 PM
Streetwalker, as one of the recovered, you should be given the freedom of London, as JoG has suggested. Anyone who has had it should be immune and non contagious, but if we let those people out, some people might just lie and take advantage.

No its OK Barry , Im not that bothered until they open the pubs . The last thing I want is for the Mrs to get wind that Im allowed out , she will want to keep me in then !

Barry

Streetwalker, as one of the recovered, you should be given the freedom of London, as JoG has suggested. Anyone who has had it should be immune and non contagious, but if we let those people out, some people might just lie and take advantage.
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

Yes, I kept to the covid-19 rules over Christmas.  We stayed at home and only saw the family on Zoom. 

As for other non-covid-related rules or laws - I'm not aware of having broken any.

Christmas isn't really a big thing for me - same old carols and Christmas songs every year, same Christmas decorations hung in the same place, same terrible TV.  Still - I didn't post anything on here on Christmas day, so it can't have been that bad!!!

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Yes ,absolutely . ;D   . The youngest son got engaged on Christmas day and we missed all the hugs, kisses and toasts (lots of pints)  that go with that but really I was glad to have a quiet one away from the maddening crowd so to speak .

Still ploughing through the Turkey for 14 with Mrs SW and the eldest (I think its Turkey Pasta tonight and curry on Monday which should just about see it off)  .The best bit was being saved from the Christmas lights visit up west and of course not being dragged around the sales will  be my  reward  for our isolation .

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on December 27, 2020, 02:30:18 PM

Did you manage to keep to the rules?

Not really. A few friends and relatives popped in but mostly they were driving or, like me, couldn't pack it away as much as before. Time was when we started on Christmas Eve and got bottled until Boxing Day, but Anno Domini is a dreary bastard and shows no sign of leaving.

Except for my brother, who is 78 and reckons that if red wine has been so good for him all these years then he ought to increase his intake. So he did and has.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

I kept to the rules, there was still an invasion of potential plague carriers into the area, 20 people on a coach, and a "hippy" bus looking for a campsite.
Then there was this on the Isles of Scilly:-

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-tier-1-isles-scilly-23224676

Police on Tier 1 Isles of Scilly boot brazen Tier 4 Christmas holidaymakers back home
The would-be holidaymakers were met by police at the airport on the main island St Mary's on Christmas Eve and their trip was unceremoniously cut short
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Bright Young Thing

Yes, me and my family stuck absolutely to the rules. It was a strange day, but we stuck to the rules so that, God willing, we can all be together soon.

It was so hard - my sis and brother in law were only able to see us in the garden, and it is the first time ever in my life I've seen my mum and her sister not hug (they did a present drop in the garden then left.)

Quite simply it wasn't worth giving up 9 months of following rules for a single day. If I could only rewind time a full year to before this began, I sure would.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

Barry

I hope everyone has had an acceptable, even happy or merry Christmas.

I had an illegal hug over Christmas.

Did you manage to keep to the rules?
† The end is nigh †