Johnson's Christmas Present

Started by BeElBeeBub, December 28, 2020, 07:03:02 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on December 31, 2020, 05:14:31 PM
Blimey, that is true. What happened to her? Our Anna fell out with so many people that I would not be surprised if she made a full turn and ended up as Boris' best fan
Nah Borky saw her on twatter stil sniping from the sidelines and saying brexiteers are half wits.

Meanwhile someone supposedly with a full set failed in her new party and further political moves and unsurprisingly is no longer an MP.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2020, 04:55:17 PM
You've missed Anna Sourpuss.

Blimey, that is true. What happened to her? Our Anna fell out with so many people that I would not be surprised if she made a full turn and ended up as Boris' best fan
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on December 31, 2020, 04:46:12 PM
Only if the promises of Leave had come true and we could have retained all the benefits of the SM/CU but had none of the obligations.

It's not that I don't want £100m in Nigerian gold it's just that I don't believe the son of the Ex-Nigerian President who has just emailed me can deliver it.
No you want to be in regulatory orbit and kow tow to the eu as you say happens with America the eu and China but are unable to answer why the east Europeans shouldn't have remained within the soviet bloc or why south East Asian nations,India Pacific nations would tell you where to stick your ideas re China.

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on December 31, 2020, 04:46:12 PM
Only if the promises of Leave had come true and we could have retained all the benefits of the SM/CU but had none of the obligations.

It's not that I don't want £100m in Nigerian gold it's just that I don't believe the son of the Ex-Nigerian President who has just emailed me can deliver it.

You haven't answered the question though.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

DeppityDawg

Six hours left. The sky is still in the sky.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on December 31, 2020, 04:26:30 PM
Remainiacs - what happened to them?

Heidi Alexander
John Bercow
Tony Blair
Vince Cable MP
Alastair Campbell
Nick Clegg
Nick Cohen
Seb Dance MEP
Gavin Esler
A. C. Grayling
David Allen Green
David Lammy MP
Caroline Lucas MP
Deborah Meaden
Gina Miller

James O'Brien
Femi Oluwole, from Our Future Our Choice
Matthew Parris
Jay Rayner
David Schneider
Molly Scott Cato MEP
Zoe Williams

BeElBeeBubb's heroes, mostly got their P45s.

You've missed Anna Sourpuss.

Streetwalker

6 hours 6 minutes and 6 seconds

666  ;D

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2020, 04:10:09 PMYou are saying there is no chance we could be better off in any way, shape or form.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 31, 2020, 04:13:10 PM
That has always been the case.

I would ask that you post an apology when you're proved wrong but I don't think that is in your character.

Barry

Remainiacs - what happened to them?

Heidi Alexander
John Bercow
Tony Blair
Vince Cable MP
Alastair Campbell
Nick Clegg
Nick Cohen
Seb Dance MEP
Gavin Esler
A. C. Grayling
David Allen Green
David Lammy MP
Caroline Lucas MP
Deborah Meaden
Gina Miller

James O'Brien
Femi Oluwole, from Our Future Our Choice
Matthew Parris
Jay Rayner
David Schneider
Molly Scott Cato MEP
Zoe Williams

BeElBeeBubb's heroes, mostly got their P45s.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 31, 2020, 04:13:10 PM
Hang on weren't you the man in forums past whose war cry at the time was this country and its carrying capacity and being over run and haven't you said you thought brexit good if it wasn't done by the tories.

You also called for razor wire,enfillade firing machine gun posts around the entire coast and helicopter gunships so please tell us how you'd have handled brexit.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2020, 04:10:09 PM
You are saying there is no chance we could be better off in any way, shape or form.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on December 31, 2020, 03:12:12 PM
Christ you lot like to bleat about "anti-democratic" and "traitors".

Our our opinions differ on what is best for our country

You like to cast me as not wanting the best for my country.  Quite the reverse, I want it to prosper.

I believed and still do the UK's best long term interests were served by continuing membership of the EU.

If I believed there was a chance that Leaves promises before the ref would have been possible I would have voted Leave.

Amusingly for all DD & Thomas' "I voted remain but people like you have turned me in to hard Brexiter" whining they forget I had the opposite journey

I started as a Eurosceptic before the ref.  When it was announced my gut instinct was to vote leave.  The arguments were initially persuasive.

It was the £350m claim that unraveled it all.  It sounded odd so I dug and found out how spun it was.  Then each time I dug into a leave claim I found it to be badly spun.

Several claims nearly flipped me back (the unelected EU commission one was persuasive at first glance, but when I dug into it I found the sovereignty claims to be BS).

So here we stand on the brink of end of the beginning.

The saga of brexit won't end tomorrow.  We have swapped membership for a neverending negotiation.

The ERG and others won't be satisfied. I give it 6 months before they are complaining how crap and traitorous the deal they have just endorsed is and how it should have had more scrutiny.bthe the whole thing starts over.

Meanwhile Remainers like me will buckle down and work on undoing the damage and eventually rejoining. It'll be a long and difficult path taking decades so if it's any consolation it's unlikely many leavers here are likely to see it, heck I might not.

You are saying there is no chance we could be better off in any way, shape or form.

Sheepy

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on December 31, 2020, 03:12:12 PMMeanwhile Remainers like me will buckle down and work on undoing the damage and eventually rejoining.
Meanwhile we Neo Liberals will concentrate on lost causes that lost us all our votes in the UK, Excellent couldn't ask for anything better.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!