SNP look at re-entering student exchange program

Started by Sheepy, December 28, 2020, 08:41:56 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

The Turing scheme, I wonder who thought that one up.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Maybe the Celtic Fringe could stick together:

The Irish government will fund Erasmus+ grants for Northern Irish students so they can continue to participate in Europe's flagship student exchange program after the United Kingdom pulls out of the scheme.
Dublin agreed "to extend the benefits of Erasmus+ to students in Northern Ireland even after Brexit," the country's Minister for Higher Education Simon Harris told broadcaster RTÉ late on Saturday, adding that this was "a very practical example of us wanting to continue to collaborate with Northern Ireland post-Brexit."
Harris said it was a "permanent commitment" that would last as long as students wanted to make use of it. "The cost is relatively low ... But it's not a cost, it's an investment," he said, adding the estimated cost would be around €2 million per year.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ireland-fund-erasmus-northern-irish-students/

Boris Johnson told reporters that Erasmus was "extremely expensive" and that "our arrangements mean the UK exchequer more or less loses out on the deal." He said the UK will launch a domestic replacement program instead called the Turing scheme.
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on December 28, 2020, 08:41:56 PM
https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2134255821777/snp-ministers-exploring-options-around-re-entering-scotland-in-eu-student-exchange-scheme
Well I guess I should return a favour. Wait for it.

Is this not because University is free in Scotland... Unless you're a foreign student then you get whacked?
Or am I being cynical?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on December 28, 2020, 09:10:04 PM
I am just saying we have been on the receiving end of some of those so-called student exchange schemes they aren't necessarily all they are cracked up to be. People in other countries have been known to cheat to get a foothold. Place people who aren't all they seem. But I am sure the Scottish security services are all over it like rash.

wihtout a doubt sheep , but its popular in scotland , and scottish parties all support it. When the majority are in favour , you have to go with it .

Instead the tories look stupid in scotland being overruled by londonshire.

;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 09:01:11 PM
what do you mean old four eyes?

Every political party in scotland favoured remaining in the erasmus scheme sheep. Even the tories.... ;D

Thats the last tory leader sheep in jockland in case you havnae heard of him .

few tory crackers on this thread sheep.

https://twitter.com/rosscolquhoun/status/1343246396116369408

they are getting some feckin stick tonight online the old tories over brexit i can tell you sheep.
I am just saying we have been on the receiving end of some of those so-called student exchange schemes they aren't necessarily all they are cracked up to be. People in other countries have been known to cheat to get a foothold. Place people who aren't all they seem. But I am sure the Scottish security services are all over it like a rash.

Thomas

Thats the trouble wae these westmisnter parties i nscotland sheep , the branch managers and boys on the ground , who know more about scotland and its politics than some english guy in westmisnter ever could , want to do one thing which chimes with the scot voter , then the bosses down in london overrule them cause it aint what england wants ,and they look like tits time and again.

Scotland needs independence , and so does the scottish right , its probably the best thing that could possibly happen to scottish tories.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on December 28, 2020, 08:56:51 PM
Well old four eyes won't tell you, but there are elements who use the student exchange scheme for other means.

what do you mean old four eyes?

Every political party in scotland favoured remaining in the erasmus scheme sheep. Even the tories.... ;D

Jackson Carlaw MSP
@Jackson_Carlaw
· 17 May 2018
📹
Erasmus+ is something which all parties agree must continue post Brexit. For other parties to grandstand against the UK Government is simply wrong. The young people in #Eastwood and across Scotland should know that we are fighting to ensure that Erasmus+ continues

Thats the last tory leader sheep in jockland in case you havnae heard of him .

few tory crackers on this thread sheep.

https://twitter.com/rosscolquhoun/status/1343246396116369408

they are getting some feckin stick tonight online the old tories over brexit i can tell you sheep.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 08:46:55 PM
sounds good stuff sheep.

keep stirring the mix i say in every way. ;D
Well old four eyes won't tell you, but there are elements who use the student exchange scheme for other means.

Thomas

Sheepy