Your name will go on ze list!

Started by Barry, December 28, 2020, 09:10:31 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on December 29, 2020, 05:06:33 PM
Under normal circumstances so would I, but I got my test result come back as positive this morning meaning I have to isolate. Bit of a fuzzy head and a few aches but apart from that I feel fine.

Look after yourself.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on December 29, 2020, 06:00:47 PM
Not as effective as the modern stuff, but at least you got to fumble a milkmaid.
you couldn't get through life unless your name was on some list or another Borchester.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on December 29, 2020, 05:15:23 PM
By traditional do you mean collected cow pox puss administered on the end of a sharpened goose quill...?

Not as effective as the modern stuff, but at least you got to fumble a milkmaid.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 29, 2020, 04:37:49 PMI have to say though, all those jabs were"traditionally" prepared.
By traditional do you mean collected cow pox puss administered on the end of a sharpened goose quill...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on December 29, 2020, 12:51:48 PM
To be brutally honest, if I received a phone call right now asking me to drive 100 miles to get the vaccine, I'd go.

Under normal circumstances so would I, but I got my test result come back as positive this morning meaning I have to isolate. Bit of a fuzzy head and a few aches but apart from that I feel fine.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on December 29, 2020, 04:33:11 PM
For some time, NHS staff have not been allowed to work in certain roles if they are not vaccinated — eg, theatre personnel must have a current Hepatitis vaccination.

While it's everybody's right to choose whether to be vaccinated or not, I think it's also my right — where possible — to be able to avoid the risk of contamination from close contact with potential disease carriers...

Yes, I know all about the hepatitis vaccinations. It raised eyebrows at Sharm El Sheikh immigration until I leaned over and said quietly "I work in a hospital, with blood. Lots of blood"....

I didn't, but they believed me.

I have to say though, all those jabs were"traditionally" prepared.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2020, 09:55:58 PM
I am absolutely NOT anti vaccinations. All of my children have been vaccinated for all the usual diseases at the appropriate times.
Vaccinations have been excellent for public health.

Having said that, this mRNA vaccination is a completely new idea and long term effects have not been tested, it is unlicensed and the Government have indemnified the manufacturer. There is a reason that people may have doubts about this one.

What I am against is a country making a list of people who refuse, when they say vaccination is optional. If it is optional they only need to record those who have had it on their records.
Not to share a list with other countries, that is a sinister act.
For some time, NHS staff have not been allowed to work in certain roles if they are not vaccinated — eg, theatre personnel must have a current Hepatitis vaccination.

While it's everybody's right to choose whether to be vaccinated or not, I think it's also my right — where possible — to be able to avoid the risk of contamination from close contact with potential disease carriers. If that means banning anti vaxxers from particular jobs and locations, so be it...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 29, 2020, 02:30:53 PM
True.

We are living in a kinder, gentler society and that is all to the good. But Christ Almighty, it is getting bloody dull and timid.

well as long as we have mummy nicola and daddy boris to tuck us up in bed at night and tell us whats what , the world will be alright.

...and feck knows how i would cope without uncle cosy feet pete tying my shoelaces in the morning.

I took my boy out for a 12 mile bike ride the other day , and before we went , did the obligatory 2 hour risk assessment to manage the dangers ahead.

On the way past the many  tut tutting curtain twitchers  , we gave the obligatory middle finger salute and went on our merry way.

As you say , what a despicable timid world of sneering snitching grasses we are living in today borkie.

The highlight of my next door neighbours week is going to the bottle bank in his porton down suit.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 29, 2020, 11:44:48 AM
So does that mean that you advise refusing it?

I advise getting properly informed as to the likely usefulness and side effects. As I have said elsewhere, I have a good relationship with the nearest pharmacist, he knows my life science background and we have discussions about each years flu vaccine that perhaps other customers of his may not have the background to understand, but I hope he gives them a similar level of professional advice.

I do not need vaccinating at the moment. When I do, I will most likely opt for the Oxford vaccine which is made in a way traditional vaccines have been made for a long time, but I will need to see the adverse reaction details.

I cannot suggest a course of action for others. I can (and have) said why I am of the view the Pfizer offering is unsuited to me and my family. I urge any offered it to get some frank answers up front. I hope your GP and Pharmacy people are as open and helpful as mine.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 29, 2020, 02:30:53 PM

We are living in a kinder, gentler society and that is all to the good. But Christ Almighty, it is getting bloody dull and timid.

Kinder, gentler society?  It is getting nastier as time passes.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on December 29, 2020, 12:04:10 PM
John, it must be hugely more than that as 2.3 million have tested positive and 70k have died, so it's about 2.23 million!

Sorry, I should have cited my sources. Those numbers are the ONS figures for WALES the day before yesterday and are the basis of my WTF are you playing at email to my Welsh Assembly Ministers.

You are absolutely spot on. The country, indeed the world, is rapidly filling with people the Welsh NHS say can not be harmed, can not give the disease to anyone, and yet are put under house arrest. This is the previously sought after 'herd immunity'

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on December 29, 2020, 02:24:52 PM
This isnt a personal dig at any individual on this forum , but in my opinion society at large has lost all ability to manage risk , its not a new problem , but its a growing problem , and covid 19 has highlighted that fact.

The health issues and diseases which our grandparents lived with on a daily basis  , which have been overcome with modern medicine and practice , has insulated us and convinced us of our own immortality  ,so much that   all perspective and common sense in my opinion  has been lost , and we see a wave of fear and panic driven largely by the media and powers that be overcoming the common sense of even the more reasoned individuals among us

The bubonic plague killed a third of humanity , in a sparsely populated world of around 400 million souls , scattered around dispersed  rural hamlets in largely agraian society 700 years ago. Covid 19 has killed less than 1 % of people (at worst estimates) in a tightly packed overpopualted world of over 7 billion souls.

Covid 19 has now largely become an issue that is completely beyond any discussion , anyone not on the bandwagon is tarred and feathers and regarded as an outcast.

This isnt done by a long shot , and as barry points out i believe we are headed for further loss of rights and freedoms over this mass panic which will manifest itself in the form of society casting you out if your name isnt on "ze list" .

People i thought i knew very well have shocked me to the core with their behaviour and extreme terror. All rationality lost.

Makes me feckin sick to be honest , and no wonder politicians despise the public at large who are at best , little more than easily led sheep.

I will take the vaccine if and when my local gp offers me it , but its not something im hysterical about or sitting counting down the days and letting consume every waking moment of my life.

True.

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on December 29, 2020, 12:51:48 PM
To be brutally honest, if I received a phone call right now asking me to drive 100 miles to get the vaccine, I'd go.

And if you could not BYT, there are any number of here who would happily drive you to wherever you want to go. That said, and to be brutally honest, I am getting arse numbingly bored with this bug.

Surely there must be something a bit more interesting to make a fuss about?
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

This isnt a personal dig at any individual on this forum , but in my opinion society at large has lost all ability to manage risk , its not a new problem , but its a growing problem , and covid 19 has highlighted that fact.

The health issues and diseases which our grandparents lived with on a daily basis  , which have been overcome with modern medicine and practice , has insulated us and convinced us of our own immortality  ,so much that   all perspective and common sense in my opinion  has been lost , and we see a wave of fear and panic driven largely by the media and powers that be overcoming the common sense of even the more reasoned individuals among us

The bubonic plague killed a third of humanity , in a sparsely populated world of around 400 million souls , scattered around dispersed  rural hamlets in largely agraian society 700 years ago. Covid 19 has killed less than 1 % of people (at worst estimates) in a tightly packed overpopualted world of over 7 billion souls.

Covid 19 has now largely become an issue that is completely beyond any discussion , anyone not on the bandwagon is tarred and feathers and regarded as an outcast.

This isnt done by a long shot , and as barry points out i believe we are headed for further loss of rights and freedoms over this mass panic which will manifest itself in the form of society casting you out if your name isnt on "ze list" .

People i thought i knew very well have shocked me to the core with their behaviour and extreme terror. All rationality lost.

Makes me feckin sick to be honest , and no wonder politicians despise the public at large who are at best , little more than easily led sheep.

I will take the vaccine if and when my local gp offers me it , but its not something im hysterical about or sitting counting down the days and letting consume every waking moment of my life.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on December 29, 2020, 12:04:10 PM
John, it must be hugely more than that as 2.3 million have tested positive and 70k have died, so it's about 2.23 million!

i think this article might interest you barry
WHO (secretly) changed their definition of "Herd Immunity" Global health body dishonestly alters meaning, claims you need a vaccine to achieve it

The World Health Organization has changed the definition of "herd immunity" on the Covid section of their website, inserting the claim that it is a "concept used in vaccination", and requires a vaccine to be achieved.

Both of these statements are total falsehoods, which is demonstrated by the WHO's own website back in June, and every dictionary definition of "herd immunity" you can find.

To quote the WHO's own original definition:

Herd immunity is the indirect protection from an infectious disease that happens when a population is immune either through vaccination or a natural immunity developed through previous infection.

This definition was posted on the WHO's website on June 9th of this year, and conforms with the general usage of the term for generations.

Which is newspeak doublethink nonsense. The entire point of vaccination IS "exposing" people to the virus.

This revised, inaccurate and contradictory definition of "herd immunity" was first expressed in a speech by WHO Director General Thedros Adhanom on October 12th. Within three days that speech had been added, word for word, to the website. And within a month of the change, the UK had approved the first commercial vaccine for Sars-Cov-2 infection.

We're truly in an Orwellian timeline, where the powers that be can simply change the meaning of words and phrases to suit their purpose.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/12/28/who-secretly-changed-their-definition-of-herd-immunity/