Your name will go on ze list!

Started by Barry, December 28, 2020, 09:10:31 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 30, 2020, 11:14:57 AM
I can't find it on YouTube, (yet.)
Your name is on the list smurfy, you can bet on that. Getting nearer to the top daily.
apparently, Mr Hancock has noticed we are changing the rules of the game. Well when I say we, I mean get your sleeve rolled up.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 30, 2020, 11:11:46 AM

I never saw that. Maybe I'll poke about YouTube.

I can't find it on YouTube, (yet.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 30, 2020, 10:55:14 AM
I remember James, (Tomorrows World,) Burke staying wide awake and alert when all around him had passed out in the low pressure chamber.

I never saw that. Maybe I'll poke about YouTube. I found out about my quirk by sheer accident. I got invited to Loughborough Uni where they were kicking off researching sports science big time and when shown the kit, I volunteered to be plugged into it. I was at the time an 11 stone beanpole with county level sporting achievements at the 10k and Cross Country. Useless at sprinting but wierdly efficient at the long haul.

After 15 mins on the machine the department head was called by a bemused post-grad who was running the tour. After an hour the Prof turned up with the uni doctor who started taking blood samples ......

It was wierd.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 30, 2020, 10:40:44 AM
all good news sheep. Time is running our for the hysterics , there is only so much more pandemonium and lockdown they will be able to squeeze out of this virus before they run out of road.

Just been up the loft there getting the boxes to store all the christmas lights and decorations , this must be the earliest in memory my wife has wanted to put the decorations away.
I reckon they are running out of milking time so prepare for one last big push before it gets rolled out. From what I read the Liberal Elite media are already working on it and are saying we ain't voting for change. Because we might lose our power. Tough titty it is then.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 30, 2020, 10:48:53 AM

I guess I'm going to be doing a lot more of this crap this year, since I have a genetic quirk that allows me to squeeze O2 out of a rock so to speak, which means I function long after most would pass out, and regrettably she knows it...

I remember James, (Tomorrows World,) Burke staying wide awake and alert when all around him had passed out in the low pressure chamber.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on December 30, 2020, 10:40:44 AM
all good news sheep. Time is running our for the hysterics , there is only so much more pandemonium and lockdown they will be able to squeeze out of this virus before they run out of road.

Just been up the loft there getting the boxes to store all the christmas lights and decorations , this must be the earliest in memory my wife has wanted to put the decorations away.

Strangely, Moira was "planning" the pseudo military exercise that "taking the tree and decorations down and boxing them up and putting them back in the spare room until next year" has become only last night. This is something she has never "planned" before, we just came to the last Sunday before 12th night and down they came.

I think she, like me, finds it necessary post COVID survival, to think hard about energy needed to accomplish a task and whether she can command the oxygen flow to accomplish it.

I guess I'm going to be doing a lot more of this crap this year, since I have a genetic quirk that allows me to squeeze O2 out of a rock so to speak, which means I function long after most would pass out, and regrettably she knows it...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on December 30, 2020, 10:18:11 AM
https://us.yahoo.com/news/uk-approves-2nd-covid-19-071129704.html
Sheep Brain is like bob geldof on steroids today, he is going to get you out from under your bed with a profit free vaccine. Smurfy can say those Tories were out to get me, but old sheep brain saved me. Saved the country billions nursed everyone back to health and saved the NHS, eventually. Unless of course the old scrote dies in the meantime, then it will his last words, I told you we was doomed.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

https://us.yahoo.com/news/uk-approves-2nd-covid-19-071129704.html
Sheep Brain is like bob geldof on steroids today, he is going to get you out from under your bed with a profit free vaccine. Smurfy can say those Tories were out to get me, but old sheep brain saved me. Saved the country billions nursed everyone back to health and saved the NHS, eventually. Unless of course the old scrote dies in the meantime, then it will his last words, I told you we was doomed.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on December 29, 2020, 05:06:33 PM
Under normal circumstances so would I, but I got my test result come back as positive this morning meaning I have to isolate. Bit of a fuzzy head and a few aches but apart from that I feel fine.

Read my post in the Religion and spirituality forum again.

And welcome to the COVID SURVIVORS group of UK society.

You will I trust have noticed already the tone of the emails and texts you have got from the NHS is a whole order of magnitude lower than the hype you get at those podiums

Now F@@@ off back to bed and stay there. You'll be needing all your energy to breathe for a day or two....

And as I said in the other threads, if you find it gets really hard to catch your breath, don't F@@@ about dial 999. They'll have the nebuliser fired up and ready to go in the hands of the paramedics who rock up. Which is why fewer in that state get much worse. They have learned.

Streetwalker

Under normal circumstances so would I, but I got my test result come back as positive this morning meaning I have to isolate. Bit of a fuzzy head and a few aches but apart from that I feel fine.

Hope you dont have too bad a reaction Nick .Take care fella .

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 29, 2020, 06:00:47 PM
Not as effective as the modern stuff, but at least you got to fumble a milkmaid.

like it borkie. Positivity in adversity.

Late in the night, the glaswegian finally regained consciousness.

He was in the hospital, in terrible pain.

He found himself in the ICU with tubes in his nose, needles and IV drips in both arms, a breathing mask, wires monitoring every function, and a nurse hovering over him. He realized that he was obviously in a life-threatening situation.

The nurse gave him a serious, deep look, straight into his eyes, then spoke to him slowly and clearly, enunciating each word and syllable, "You may not feel anything from the waist down."

Somehow he managed to mumble a reply,

"Can I feel your breasts then hen?"

Sheepy

Chin up, I know of three people close who have tested positive, felt like shit for a few days and the headaches seem to come and go for a week or two. One of them his whole family were tested and not one of them tested positive.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on December 29, 2020, 06:26:14 PM
Cheers bud, just got confirmation we got it at a funeral on 21st.
Never been one for pills but the wife forced a couple of paracetamol down me. It seems they actually do something as I feel fine now 😂.

Take care.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on December 29, 2020, 06:17:18 PM
Look after yourself.

Cheers bud, just got confirmation we got it at a funeral on 21st.
Never been one for pills but the wife forced a couple of paracetamol down me. It seems they actually do something as I feel fine now 😂.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

look after yourself nick.