Tesco: Brexit impact on food prices 'very modest

Started by Borchester, December 29, 2020, 02:57:00 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 07, 2021, 10:39:12 PM
In Germany I once approached a taxi driver and asked him the time in English. He simply said "Scheisse"  - which means "shite" without the e - before winding the window up in disgust. Another German who witnessed this with obvious disgust immediately came over and told me the time.

Perhaps I should draw national lessons from this experience in a modest town in the Rhineland, All German taxi drivers are racist and xenophobic assholes who react in indignation at the sound of foreign languages, whilst all others are paragons of virtue. After all - according to some - that is how logic works, isnt it?
And have you read all the previous posts behind Thomas's comment?
He is simply using one mans defence to beat him with. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on November 07, 2021, 09:14:05 AMYour personal  experience does not reflect the national situation in France.
In Germany I once approached a taxi driver and asked him the time in English. He simply said "Scheisse"  - which means "shite" without the e - before winding the window up in disgust. Another German who witnessed this with obvious disgust immediately came over and told me the time.

Perhaps I should draw national lessons from this experience in a modest town in the Rhineland, All German taxi drivers are racist and xenophobic assholes who react in indignation at the sound of foreign languages, whilst all others are paragons of virtue. After all - according to some - that is how logic works, isnt it?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 07, 2021, 10:11:28 AM
Frankly all of your contributions to this forum are irrelevant.
What can i say pappy. You dont like facts , and prefer to tell lies about things to try and damage the tories at every turn.

Dont shoot the messenger just because the facts dont say what you want them to say.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 07, 2021, 09:36:34 AM
So we can yet again dismiss your "alleged " personal experience as irrelevant.
Frankly all of your contributions to this forum are irrelevant.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 07, 2021, 09:35:11 AM
I never stated it did. I was very clear I am commenting about personal experience of one isolated rural coastal village/small town on the North West edge of Brittany.
So we can yet again dismiss your "alleged " personal experience as irrelevant.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 07, 2021, 09:24:08 AM
Your personal  experience does not reflect the national situation in France.
I never stated it did. I was very clear I am commenting about personal experience of one isolated rural coastal village/small town on the North West edge of Brittany. 

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 07, 2021, 09:23:08 AM
Leaving aside you being your very nasty usual self.  I am commenting about the prices of what I purchased whilst on holiday were little different from 2 year ago. I made that clear. (petrol was a bit up but the price varies a lot from supermarket to supermarket.)
Menu Ouvrier were still €13 the same price as two years ago, fruit and veg bought at street markets were slightly up.
The only major rise was in Unitary bus tickets from €15 for 10 to €20 for 10. (But still very cheap compared to Britain as one ticket pays for the full length of the bus route plus an hour on the trams in Brest.)

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 07, 2021, 09:08:27 AM
lol cromwell.

Pappy is as ever talking out of his arse. Any chance to diss his own country and he takes it time and again.

If you read the article i have just linked to , you will see the FRench are coming under the exact same issues as the uk is , with prices rising regarding food , energy ,supply chain difficulties etc etc.

I dont know if pappy went to some remote unpopualted part of France , but he must have been the only fecking person in France not to notice price rises.

Still , why let facts get in the way of yet another chance to infer the worlds problems are all the fault of the tories. F F S::)
Leaving aside you being your very nasty usual self.  I am commenting about the prices of what I purchased whilst on holiday were little different from 2 year ago. I made that clear. (petrol was a bit up but the price varies a lot from supermarket to supermarket.)
Menu Ouvrier were still €13 the same price as two years ago, fruit and veg bought at street markets were slightly up. 
The only major rise was in Unitary bus tickets from €15 for 10 to €20 for 10. (But still very cheap compared to Britain as one ticket pays for the full length of the bus route plus an hour on the trams in Brest.)

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 07, 2021, 09:12:10 AM
Cromwell no I can't but the bottle two years ago cost €39 and the one purchased during my recent holiday cost €37. (The receipts are back in Brittany.)
Stop telling yet more lies.

If you cant prove it , we dont believe you with your track record of telling porkies to attempt to diss the tories .

Thomas

Tories and brexit have pushed the price of baguettes up for the french as well.

:P::)

Baguette prices rise in France after poor wheat harvest

A worldwide increase in wheat prices after bad harvests in Russia is forcing French bakers to raise the price of that staple of life in France - the baguette.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20211025/baguette-prices-rise-in-france-after-poor-wheat-harvest/

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 07, 2021, 08:57:14 AM
Can you pride some links to prove your assertion that propane was cheaper?
Cromwell no I can't but the bottle two years ago cost €39 and the one purchased during my recent holiday cost €37. (The receipts are back in Brittany.)

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 07, 2021, 08:57:14 AM
Can you pride some links to prove your assertion that propane was cheaper?
lol cromwell.

Pappy is as ever talking out of his arse. Any chance to diss his own country and he takes it time and again.

If you read the article i have just linked to , you will see the FRench are coming under the exact same issues as the uk is , with prices rising regarding food , energy ,supply chain difficulties etc etc.

I dont know if pappy went to some remote unpopualted part of France , but he must have been the only fecking person in France not to notice price rises.

Still , why let facts get in the way of yet another chance to infer the worlds problems are all the fault of the tories. F F S::)

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 07, 2021, 08:24:38 AM
 However whilst I was out of the UK for nearly two weeks there was little sign of rises prices where I was on holiday.
Let me run one of your own quotes by you...

The annual rate of inflation in France rose for the third consecutive month in October, and has now reached 2.6%, its highest level for thirteen years, notes TradingEconomics.

https://think.ing.com/snaps/france-the-rise-in-inflation-will-continue

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 07, 2021, 08:24:38 AM
I am fully aware of a general World rise in food and fuel prices. However whilst I was out of the UK for nearly two weeks there was little sign of rises prices where I was on holiday. (In fact a 12kg bottle of propane was €2 cheaper that it was two years ago.)
When we returned to the UK the rise in prices was very obvious.
Can you provide some links to prove your assertion that propane was cheaper?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 06, 2021, 09:47:36 PM
Wasting your time mate.

pappy doesnt want you pissing on his anti tory fireworks.

I posted an article on here the other week showing the same trend in price rises in supermarkets across the USA. Thats the tories and brexit fault as well.

Same thing happening in France and many other countries.

Food and fuel prices in France behind rise in cost of living

https://www.thelocal.fr/20210901/food-and-fuel-prices-in-france-behind-rise-in-cost-of-living/
I am fully aware of a general World rise in food and fuel prices. However whilst I was out of the UK for nearly two weeks there was little sign of rises prices where I was on holiday. (In fact a 12kg bottle of propane was €2 cheaper that it was two years ago.)
When we returned to the UK the rise in prices was very obvious.