Doomsday nearly here?

Started by DeppityDawg, December 29, 2020, 10:35:12 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 31, 2020, 01:06:04 PM

Just as well the pharmacist has not bothered to repossess the oxygen concentrator from my mate after his wife died then.

There is a wide range of prices for those.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 31, 2020, 12:08:31 PM
Be careful there is a national shortage of medical grade Oxygen cylinders.

Just as well the pharmacist has not bothered to repossess the oxygen concentrator from my mate after his wife died then.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 31, 2020, 12:08:31 PM
I was laughing earlier, because for sure your doom would be moving towards Covid and it will be the Tories fault.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 31, 2020, 12:06:33 PM
Stoppit!!! My sides hurt from laughing  ;D ;D ;D

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on December 31, 2020, 11:48:44 AMYou wont be wriggling out of this one in a hurry.

Stoppit!!! My sides hurt from laughing  ;D ;D ;D

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 31, 2020, 11:48:44 AM
Everyone of us remember well your idiotic predictions of impending doom about brexit ( except the bit you did like , freedom of movement ending) and you will be getting stick tonight pappy , if the earth doesnt burn  and the sky doesnt fall on our heads , we will be looking to you to provide an explanation as to why.

You wont be wriggling out of this one in a hurry.

Idiotic predictions?  You keep on lying about what I predicted. Even with a deal, many of my predictions seem accurate. (Free movement is much curtailed of UK citizens who wish to go to Europe even as a tourist.)
You need to check on the new regulations.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 31, 2020, 11:33:21 AM
Stop being stupid. (Seriously.) It isn't funny.  What bloody use is a shelter like that to deal with the problems caused by Brexit?
In any case due to the solid rock only a few feet down it would be a very serious and expensive civil engineering job to construct, and still be no use as protection against nuclear attack.

Everyone of us remember well your idiotic predictions of impending doom about brexit ( except the bit you did like , freedom of movement ending) and you will be getting stick tonight pappy , if the earth doesnt burn  and the sky doesnt fall on our heads , we will be looking to you to provide an explanation as to why.

You wont be wriggling out of this one in a hurry.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 31, 2020, 11:13:17 AM

Smurfs all ready and waiting.

Stop being stupid. (Seriously.) It isn't funny.  What bloody use is a shelter like that to deal with the problems caused by Brexit?
In any case due to the solid rock only a few feet down it would be a very serious and expensive civil engineering job to construct, and still be no use as protection against nuclear attack.

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 31, 2020, 11:01:59 AM
I've just had a quick check on the sky. I know there are still 12 hours to go, but its still in the sky. I'm wondering whether spending all that money on these accros is going to have been a waste of money?

Smurfs all ready and waiting.

DeppityDawg

I've just had a quick check on the sky. I know there are still 12 hours to go, but its still in the sky. I'm wondering whether spending all that money on these accros is going to have been a waste of money?

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 29, 2020, 06:39:12 PM
I know I shouldn't but I'm just pissing myself laughing at this thread. Shame on you Thomas  ;D

Nothing wrong with a bit of culture whilst discussing pappys thatcherite politics deppity.

You uncultured heathens across the wall in geordieland would do well to remember that.

We glaswegians are cultured , have a well developed sense of humour , knack for invention , like fine food ( stovies) and drink ( anything alcoholic).

...and unlike pappy , we dont vote tory.

DeppityDawg

I know I shouldn't but I'm just pissing myself laughing at this thread. Shame on you Thomas  ;D

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 29, 2020, 04:01:37 PM

My maternal grandmother, who hailed from the valleys, spoke South Walian Welsh as her first language, and kept the books for her family firm of Cardiffian Pie Makers until her marriage, nearly died laughing when taken over the old Severn bridge shortly after it opened, to go to Bristol.

On the way back, three quarters of the way over the bridge, because both ends of the Severn Bridge are actually in England, and it is the Box Girder Wye bridge at the western end that carries traffic into Wales, there was a sign.

It said "Welcome to Wales" in English

Underneath that, which is where the Welsh belongs and always used to be, was the supposed Welsh translation.

Dad actually pulled the car off the M4 at the Chepstow turn and dived up the road to a long layby as he thought grandma was going to croak ...

She didn't. But she swore on her Welsh Bible what she'd read on the sign was "Wales: You're welcome to it"

That sign is long gone now. They moved the salutation to just past the Chepstow roundabout years ago. And sadly Google translate shows the new sign as an accurate translation.

i think i told you this before john , that the oldest literature in the welsh language comes from 7th century south east scotland , and that glasgow was founded ( according to popular myth) by a welshman?

I think the last of the native scottish welsh speakers died out in lanarkshire around the 12th /13th century.

Peebles in scotland  come from welsh Pebyll , a tent or pavilion , penicuik , welsh  hill of the cuckoo , glasgu originally welsh "greenhollow" and loads of others like kirkintilloch was once welsh caer pen taloch.

Of course for political reasons , we now call welsh in scotland cumbric , and scottish is now gaidhlig .

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on December 29, 2020, 02:27:01 PM

isnt john the feckin lucky one.

My maternal grandmother, who hailed from the valleys, spoke South Walian Welsh as her first language, and kept the books for her family firm of Cardiffian Pie Makers until her marriage, nearly died laughing when taken over the old Severn bridge shortly after it opened, to go to Bristol.

On the way back, three quarters of the way over the bridge, because both ends of the Severn Bridge are actually in England, and it is the Box Girder Wye bridge at the western end that carries traffic into Wales, there was a sign.

It said "Welcome to Wales" in English

Underneath that, which is where the Welsh belongs and always used to be, was the supposed Welsh translation.

Dad actually pulled the car off the M4 at the Chepstow turn and dived up the road to a long layby as he thought grandma was going to croak ...

She didn't. But she swore on her Welsh Bible what she'd read on the sign was "Wales: You're welcome to it"

That sign is long gone now. They moved the salutation to just past the Chepstow roundabout years ago. And sadly Google translate shows the new sign as an accurate translation.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 29, 2020, 03:35:25 PM

...but pappy , i thought you told us maggie gave you your first big break in life when she helped you sell your council flat to make hundreds of thousands  , emigrate to cornwall and live life in the luxury you have now become accustomed to?

If that wasnt mrs thatcher enabling a young tory to get on in this life, i dont know what is!

More lies about me. Stop being so nasty and stupid.