Doomsday nearly here?

Started by DeppityDawg, December 29, 2020, 10:35:12 AM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on December 29, 2020, 11:13:38 AMI believe that far from the sky falling in it is likely....

But...what about all the predictions on here, Tootsy baby? Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan etc and all the other car makers to leave, City of London covered in cobwebs after everyone moves to Frankfurt, food to cost umpty four thousand percent more, medicine shortages, UK the pariah of the world, half the population starving, Gerrys exports going to Spain instead of yookay, children with ricketts, adults going blind etc?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 29, 2020, 11:13:38 AM

I am hoping for a return to decent vacuum cleaners that don't take forever and have far more power to clean my house. It would be nice to see decent light bulbs that don't give me headaches, cost a fortune and last half the time. These are small fry items of course, but I can hope.

Just buy an industrial vacuum cleaner instead. I did, 1400 watts it is also an aqua vac and has enable me to get rid of the soot "tank," I had as it will vacuum all soot up when I sweep the chimney cleanly into the heavy duty bag inside the machine.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 29, 2020, 11:01:24 AM
Well, Pappy has said that come January the Four Horsemen will ride and ALL WILL COME TO AN END!

I have stated no such thing. However Gove's "bumpy" period comment is a big understatement. More and more potholes are appearing as time passes.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

I believe that far from the sky falling in it is likely to drop a blanket of snow on us so say which might of course represent the same thing to those pessimists among us. Presumably this will halt pretty much everything giving the powers that be enough time to steady the ship before it sails away into the bright blue yonder of freedom from political domination from Europe, even if we are still physically attached via the tunnel etc. I hope the snow will dissuade the French from rioting at us, although it's a good excuse to burn a few tyres.

I expect a gradual realisation of the new position. I doubt it will hit us sideways as expected after all if those reliant on Europe haven't done their homework they only have themselves to blame. It will take some chutzpah from those who claim to lead the country and leaning back in their chairs claiming a job well done is not going to cut it.  What we need now is rapid responses to world markets and encouragement to those entrepreneurs amongst us with their inventive minds who in the past were suffocated by the EU protectionist agenda for those within their walls who shouted loudest and dominated business and creativity.

I am hoping for a return to decent vacuum cleaners that don't take forever and have far more power to clean my house. It would be nice to see decent light bulbs that don't give me headaches, cost a fortune and last half the time. These are small fry items of course, but I can hope.

Sheepy

You won't be saying that when the sky falls in, Toots will have to hear fat ladies singing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 29, 2020, 10:35:12 AM
Well, its only 2 and a half more days until the sky falls on our heads. So with that in mind, I've just come off the phone to my local Hireco, after ordering some Accros to keep the sky above my house where it belongs....in the ....erm...sky...

I was just wondering what sensible precautions you Brexiters have taken for Friday morning when the world will undoubtedly come to an end?

Well, Pappy has said that come January the Four Horsemen will ride and ALL WILL COME TO AN END! And if it does not I am sure he will be on here  apologising and saying that we were right and he was wrong and that crying peccavi and all the rest.

The only thing is, the ticker is not what it was so I will stock up on medication in case I can't take the shock  :)
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Ballycairn at Leopardstown insulated my wallet from our lass's trip to the Metro Centre at least  ;D

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 29, 2020, 10:35:12 AM
Well, its only 2 and a half more days until the sky falls on our heads. So with that in mind, I've just come off the phone to my local Hireco, after ordering some Accros to keep the sky above my house where it belongs....in the ....erm...sky...

I was just wondering what sensible precautions you Brexiters have taken for Friday morning when the world will undoubtedly come to an end?

i think we should all come on the forum for a few minutes and laugh once again at pappysmurf latest prediction of impending doom and armageddon being shown to be the hysterical cac that it is as ever.

Then wish gerry a happy brexit new year , and then crack on partying.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg