Doomsday nearly here?

Started by DeppityDawg, December 29, 2020, 10:35:12 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 29, 2020, 03:29:37 PM
Thomas stop telling lies about me, I hated Thatcher and still do. Calling me middle class is a deep insult.  I would rather excrete  a porcupine backwards that vote Tory. Tories disgust me, and I hate them.

...but pappy , i thought you told us maggie gave you your first big break in life when she helped you sell your council flat to make hundreds of thousands  , emigrate to cornwall and live life in the luxury you have now become accustomed to?

If that wasnt mrs thatcher enabling a young tory to get on in this life, i dont know what is!
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 29, 2020, 03:21:12 PM
well we can't all be well off middle class thatcherites such as yourself pappy.

Your tory voting sense of self entitlement makes you look down on those you feel inferior to you.

Thomas stop telling lies about me, I hated Thatcher and still do. Calling me middle class is a deep insult.  I would rather excrete  a porcupine backwards that vote Tory. Tories disgust me, and I hate them.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 29, 2020, 02:39:40 PM
Not really, he lives in Wales.

well we cant all be well off middle class thatcherites such as yourself pappy.

Your tory voting sense of self entitlement makes you look down on those you feel inferior to you.

papasmurf

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 29, 2020, 02:11:39 PM

Personally I would not go to Wales for a bet.

isnt john the feckin lucky one.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 29, 2020, 01:43:13 PM

If four dodgy geezers, three on Hardly Dangerouses and a fourth on a Honda moped fall on me out of a moonless sky playing Tuba Smarties through strange horned instruments, I shall simply think "in any other year, this might seem strange"

Hardly Dangerous's are only used in the Summertime.  As far as I am aware Honda has not made a moped for decades.

Personally I would not go to Wales for a bet.

johnofgwent

Well as I said on another post, at 23:59:50 I am going to throw open the patio doors, stand on my new sunburst patio where the ten pointed sunburst cleverly conceals the exactly North - South aligned pentagram, light the five citrella candles which I will place in the "drainage tubes" concreted in at the pentagram points, and yell "JUMANJI" at the top of whatever voice I can manage

If four dodgy geezers, three on Hardly Dangerouses and a fourth on a Honda moped fall on me out of a moonless sky playing Tuba Smarties through strange horned instruments, I shall simply think "in any other year, this might seem strange"
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 29, 2020, 12:23:59 PM
The prediction was the day after the vote. All manner of disasters were to befall us just cause we voted leave.

I doubt anyone believed George Osborne.

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 29, 2020, 11:56:01 AM
Weren't you just a teensy weensy, itsy witsy bit scared, Toots? I mean come on? Even Borchester bought an extra can of tinned tomatos  ;D

Oh dear no - sorry to disappoint. I have enough storage for several months - in fact I have just heard that Supermarkets are having to cancel deliveries because of snow and my next delivery is Jan 2nd with promised snow here, and my first thought was no worries I'll be ok.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 29, 2020, 11:39:48 AM
That was the no deal WTO scenario.  The deal will still cause multiple problems due to a £7 billion cost in inspections, certifications, and compliance.
All expects of which are grossly understaffed.
There close to no mention in deal of financial services which comprise 80% of UK dealings with the EU.  Passported financial transactions have now gone.
It is a very strange deal which makes us all worse of.
Yeah well, you might not be doomed just yet, but I have a prediction for you, you will be doomed eventually, well true, when the sun goes out.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 29, 2020, 11:39:48 AM
That was the no deal WTO scenario.  The deal will still cause multiple problems due to a £7 billion cost in inspections, certifications, and compliance.
There close to no mention in deal of financial services which comprise 80% of UK dealings with the EU.  Passported financial transactions have now gone.

The prediction was the day after the vote. All manner of disasters were to befall us just cause we voted leave.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on December 29, 2020, 11:37:46 AMAll vain threats  to get their way

Weren't you just a teensy weensy, itsy witsy bit scared, Toots? I mean come on? Even Borchester bought an extra can of tinned tomatos  ;D

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 29, 2020, 11:31:28 AM
But...what about all the predictions on here, Tootsy baby? Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan etc and all the other car makers to leave, City of London covered in cobwebs after everyone moves to Frankfurt, food to cost umpty four thousand percent more, medicine shortages, UK the pariah of the world, half the population starving, Gerrys exports going to Spain instead of yookay, children with ricketts, adults going blind etc?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 29, 2020, 11:31:28 AM
But...what about all the predictions on here, Tootsy baby? Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan etc and all the other car makers to leave, City of London covered in cobwebs after everyone moves to Frankfurt, food to cost umpty four thousand percent more, medicine shortages, UK the pariah of the world, half the population starving, Gerrys exports going to Spain instead of yookay, children with ricketts, adults going blind etc?

All vain threats  to get their way which was to stay in the EU. BJ said he would do it - he has! Everyone said he was stupid, muddled, and any number of other descriptions but he had one advantage. He knew and understood exactly how the EU functioned and played them at their own game. OK it's not perfect - they are fierce opponents - but we are hopefully now in a position to make offers to some of these companies that they can't refuse if it comes to that. I am hoping that the EU can't stop us.