Scot Of The Year

Started by morayloon, December 29, 2020, 02:56:56 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 29, 2020, 07:55:15 PM
Is that it he didn't agree with you so he's a tosser or is there another reason?

nothing to do with not agreeing with us cromwell.

Connolly for years ( long before the rise of the snp and scot indy in its current form) has had a bad reputation in glasgow for putting his own people and country down.

At the same time , making much of his pro labour politics and pro britishness while going on about his irish roots.

Instead of sticking to jokes and his film career , if he is going to delve into that side of things , he has to take the flack that comes with it as im sure you will agree.

To most of us  , he is nothing more than another self hating scot , the same way you as a brexiter view people like quackers and beeleeb and all the rest , or more high profile remain figures.

No one likes a turncoat or those who piss on their own people as you know.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 29, 2020, 07:55:15 PM
Is that it he didn't agree with you so he's a tosser or is there another reason?

Nope. Once Morayloon gets the wind up her tail she will call you a tosser even if you do agree with her.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 29, 2020, 07:21:07 PM
Well all I know is I watched him on itv last night and peed myself.

Quite.

Connolly deserves some sort of recognition for the carrot joke alone.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: morayloon on December 29, 2020, 07:43:08 PM
Agreed. However, he has, it seems, come round to seeing positives in Independence. Don't know if he's an actual YES supporter yet though!
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on December 29, 2020, 06:54:38 PM
....and there was me thinking you were talking about me.....

;D ;D

Well we were BYT, but you know what a mad bugger Tommy can be so we decided that we had better butter him up before he mugs Dickie Leonard with one of Wee Krankie's haggises  :)
Algerie Francais !

morayloon

Quote from: Thomas on December 29, 2020, 07:14:10 PM
without putting too much of a dampener on the thread , not for me by a long way cromwell.

Not a chance.

Connolly isnt fit to lace the shoes of many scots past and present  .
Agreed. However, he has, it seems, come round to seeing positives in Independence. Don't know if he's an actual YES supporter yet though!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on December 29, 2020, 07:14:10 PM
without putting too much of a dampener on the thread , not for me by a long way cromwell.

Not a chance.

Well all I know is I watched him on itv last night and peed myself.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 29, 2020, 07:08:46 PM
Got to be Billy Connoly  ;D

Not a chance.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Bright Young Thing

....and there was me thinking you were talking about me.....

;D ;D
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

Streetwalker

James MacArthur for me

Still as long as its not got anything to do with fish I reckon it wont matter . :P

Sheepy

I would have to nominate Thomas, his dedication to Scotland has been unwavering, his sense of humour is pure Govan magic, his ability to learn is in no doubt.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

If you manage to get your referendum and win, I wonder could I beg a favour

Can you take that Pro-Eu Shouty Man (Steve Bray?) with you.

I can arrange to have him renditioned to Edinburgh in a packing case ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

morayloon

In Sunday's NATIONAL, Stuart Cosgrove wrote an article on who could be Scot of the Year or as he put it 'Scotland's Person of 2020'. https://www.thenational.scot/news/18970925.stuart-cosgrove-suggestions-scotlands-person-2020/
He begins by suggesting Nicola Sturgeon and Jason Leitch for their work during covid.

My Scot of the year is Martin J Keatings, convenor of "Forward as One" & "The Peoples Action on Section 30" an action raised on behalf of ordinary members of the Scottish Electorate against the UK Government.
The SNP is offering no support to Martin.
He Has had to crowdfund to pay his legal fees. This man is taking on the UK Establishment in his quest to remove the need for a Section 30 order. Keatings believes Holyrood can hold Indyref2 without Westminster's say so. The case was given permission to go forward and will be heard at the Court of Session on 21st & 22nd January.
Here's hoping!!!
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/pas30/?fbclid=IwAR1zZl86t-X1Bw-PtN9GT7D1ENPrjd8x7f1VPCu4XnEqeDj8xHTsz6BaOrQ