Walking and Talking in China

Started by Sampanviking, December 30, 2020, 12:57:00 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 04, 2021, 12:27:10 AM
...Of Latter Day Saints?
No.
I'm a bible believing free thinking evangelical Christian. I don't "belong" to anyone except Christ. Just the sort of people the CCP hate.
† The end is nigh †

Sampanviking

Barry

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 03, 2021, 03:32:19 PMWhich Bible would you bring with you and how many? If its two or three King James's in your luggage no one would give a damn. If its crate loads, you would probably need an import license.
Out of interest Barry, which Church do you belong to?
I was referring to a visit a couple of years back by the pastor of a church in the Birmingham area, who took quite a few Chinese language Bibles and was invited to preach at a service. Whilst he was preaching he was arrested. Him and his wife detained for 24 hours then deported.
That's not freedom of religion, is it?
I belong to Jesus Christ's church.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 03, 2021, 07:33:44 PM
Great so feck off ya hypocrite. :)

Get out the chagos !
Well hypocrisy works both ways :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 03, 2021, 07:28:33 PM
Course you do and he,and I'm calling it as I see it.

Great so feck off ya hypocrite. :)

Get out the chagos !
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 03, 2021, 07:25:07 PM
Cromwell im simply calling the thread as i see it.

The british on the thread are criticising china , wether merited or not , by saying  "do as we say not as we do( or have done)".

Sampan is repsonding by calling you hypocrites , and in my opinion i agree.

End of story.

Course you do and he,and I'm calling it as I see it.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 03, 2021, 07:22:56 PM
Oh cobblers Thomas I said mainly in the past,yes chagos is wrong and have said so in the past but you conveniently omit the US part in this and how they I suspect pressurise to be sure nothing changes.

If we look in to the recent past you and others criticised me for even mentioning D day commemorations that it should all be forgotten its in the past and the Germans are different people now.

Well yes they are but if we are precluded from mentioning that history surely that applies to our past doesn't it? :P

Cromwell im simply calling the thread as i see it.

The british on the thread are criticising china , wether merited or not , by saying  "do as we say not as we do( or have done)".

Sampan is repsonding by calling you hypocrites , and in my opinion i agree.

End of story.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 03, 2021, 07:10:52 PM
Hang on a minute cromwell , are the chinese expected to atone or not comment any more than you are? You are doing your usual , trying to spin the passage of time as exonerating british crimes , while saying everyone else is open to criticism.

Streetwalker brought up tibet , hong kong and religion.

Britian annexed northern ireland from ireland only 30 years before the chinese annexed tibet. Is one ancient history that musnt be talked about while the other is open to criticism? The atrocities in northern ireland are wihtin the lifetime of many if not all on this forum.

As for hong kong and human rights violations , mauritius labelled britians eviction of the entire popualtion of the chagos islands a human rights abuse , and the international court of justice at the hague ruled in theri favour and demanded britian hand the islands back to the mauritians.

Further it was only last year the un high court gave the uk 6 months to leave , and so far the uk has refused to do so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50511847

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-50924704

Is the chagos islands in the past and hong kong fair game?

You are acting very selective in your criticism .

Im a great believer in him without sin casting the first stone thats all im saying. If the british are going to start screaming about the behaviour of other countries wether merited or not , then expect dirt to be thrown back in your face.
Oh cobblers Thomas I said mainly in the past,yes chagos is wrong and have said so in the past but you conveniently omit the US part in this and how they I suspect pressurise to be sure nothing changes.

If we look in to the recent past you and others criticised me for even mentioning D day commemorations that it should all be forgotten its in the past and the Germans are different people now.

Well yes they are but if we are precluded from mentioning that history surely that applies to our past doesn't it? :P

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 03, 2021, 06:35:41 PM
Mainly in the past,are we expected to atone or not comment on such issues forever?

Hang on a minute cromwell , are the chinese expected to atone or not comment any more than you are? You are doing your usual , trying to spin the passage of time as exonerating british crimes , while saying everyone else is open to criticism.

Streetwalker brought up tibet , hong kong and religion.

Britian annexed northern ireland from ireland only 30 years before the chinese annexed tibet. Is one ancient history that musnt be talked about while the other is open to criticism? The atrocities in northern ireland are wihtin the lifetime of many if not all on this forum.

As for hong kong and human rights violations , mauritius labelled britians eviction of the entire popualtion of the chagos islands a human rights abuse , and the international court of justice at the hague ruled in theri favour and demanded britian hand the islands back to the mauritians.

Further it was only last year the un high court gave the uk 6 months to leave , and so far the uk has refused to do so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50511847

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-50924704

Is the chagos islands in the past and hong kong fair game?

You are acting very selective in your criticism .

Im a great believer in him without sin casting the first stone thats all im saying. If the british are going to start screaming about the behaviour of other countries wether merited or not , then expect dirt to be thrown back in your face.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 03, 2021, 03:44:12 PM
pretty much sampan. I think anyone in the uk lecturing anyone elsewhere about human rights colonisation and empire etc is a bit of an own goal.

When you consider northern ireland , the current situation with the chagos islands etc , never mind trolling back further , i dont think anyone is going to take the uk serious on the matter.
Mainly in the past,are we expected to atone or not comment on such issues forever?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 03, 2021, 03:35:45 PM
Well if thats true, hes lost my vote.
How exactly is China a threat to our liberty??
Yeah and you know lectures about oppression on China enforcing its law and sovereignty over Chinese territory, from a country that a hundred years ago still occupied 25% of the world surface through Aggression, is actually a bit rich.

I dont know .  I just saw the Farage quote and thought Id throw it in here  as a bit of  ground bait . We will find out in due course I suppose what he is on about .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 03, 2021, 03:17:23 PM

China is a threat to our liberty  .......According to Farage his next mission , now Brexit is done , is to expose China for what it is ..   

Farage needs exposing for what he is.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sampanviking

I liked this, South African Expat Jerry Goode takes his family for the weekend to a "small" seaside city in Shandong province.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiHeMwrsEzM

Thomas

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 03, 2021, 03:35:45 PM
Well if thats true, hes lost my vote.
How exactly is China a threat to our liberty??
Yeah and you know lectures about oppression on China enforcing its law and sovereignty over Chinese territory, from a country that a hundred years ago still occupied 25% of the world surface through Aggression, is actually a bit rich.

pretty much sampan. I think anyone in the uk lecturing anyone elsewhere about human rights colonisation and empire etc is a bit of an own goal.

When you consider northern ireland , the current situation with the chagos islands etc , never mind trolling back further , i dont think anyone is going to take the uk serious on the matter.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 03, 2021, 03:17:23 PM
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1378729/nigel-farage-news-twitter-brexit-china-communist-party-EU-independence-hong-kong-video-ont

China is a threat to our liberty  .......According to Farage his next mission , now Brexit is done , is to expose China for what it is ..   

We are all maybe to varying degrees aware of its human rights violations ,Hong Kong and Tibet independence and persecution of religions  .  If that and more can be brought to the attention of the masses maybe some will think twice before clicking 'buy'

sorry mate , i read the article , but im not sure in reality what england , or the uk , could do to china?

Militarily and economically the chinese are on a different planet to the uk , and from what little i know , we take a mere 7 % of their exports and they take 5 % of ours?

They took hong kong off the uk in the late nineties with a "hand it over and save face or we will take it back" , and the uk couldnt do anything about it .

As ever the uks greatest chance of having any influence on the chinese is by hanging onto the americans coat tails. Im not being defeatist mate, just realistic.