Has the forum layout been tweeked...?

Started by patman post, December 30, 2020, 05:21:17 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

All seems to work — though in Grey not Green.
Top Right and Bottom Left are White.
Bottom Right and Top Left are Grey.
White goes Grey when hovered over —Grey goes darker when hovered over.

The Safari issue not resolved, but could be local, because of new TOTAL AV installation done remotely by company's IT Dept. Though another forum loads OK...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on December 31, 2020, 04:21:57 PM
Yep — reverted to the new version...

It should hi light the links in green when you hover over them also. I've done it to make navigation easier. If it's causing an issue I can easily roll back. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on December 31, 2020, 02:39:46 PM
Thanks for responding.
From memory — under the seven links beneath the Hello patman post, ie,

Home    Help    Search    Profile    Messages    Members    Logout

The following four links were each displayed in their own cell box, the locations of which kept switching:

Political Forums UK »                            The Boards »
    Announcements and guidelines »         Post Reply ( Re: Has the forum layout been tweeked...? )

I only tried this on iMac using Firefox and Safari. Firefox now seems OK. Safari is still showing:

Safari Can't Open the Page
Safari Can't Open the Page "https://pol-tics.com" because Safari can;t establish a
secure connection to the server "pol-tics.com".

That sounds correct, they're quick navigation links. I'll enable it again if you could screenshot it I'll check it against mine.

patman post

Thanks for responding.
From memory — under the seven links beneath the Hello patman post, ie,

Home    Help    Search    Profile    Messages    Members    Logout

The following four links were each displayed in their own cell box, the locations of which kept switching:

Political Forums UK »                            The Boards »
    Announcements and guidelines »         Post Reply ( Re: Has the forum layout been tweeked...? )

I only tried this on iMac using Firefox and Safari. Firefox now seems OK. Safari is still showing:

Safari Can't Open the Page
Safari Can't Open the Page "https://pol-tics.com" because Safari can;t establish a
secure connection to the server "pol-tics.com".

Nick

Quote from: patman post on December 30, 2020, 05:21:17 PM
The headings below Home   Search   Profile, etc, on my iMac (using Firefox) have become confusingly stratified, and Safari no longer recognises the Forum.

Is it EE (again!!!), or has a forum techie been tinkering...?

I did a small change but didn't see any issues on mobile, iPad or windows 10.
Can you explain what the issue was? I've removed the modification for now.

patman post

The headings below Home   Search   Profile, etc, on my iMac (using Firefox) have become confusingly stratified, and Safari no longer recognises the Forum.

Is it EE (again!!!), or has a forum techie been tinkering...?