Multiple voting

Started by Major Sinic, November 12, 2019, 04:00:29 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=5535 time=1573587597 user_id=98
And who fought tooth and nail to stop Bliar from doing that?

You tell us.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

It's immaterial anyway, the Tories are polling at a a 40+ seat majority.

Brexit will be done, corporation tax will continue to fall, Corbyn will be out on his ear having failed again and the Mickey Mouse opposition front bench will be purged of the clowns that now occupy it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=5535 time=1573587597 user_id=98

Quite:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10164331">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10164331
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry post_id=5532 time=1573586951 user_id=51
France are sensible in that respect, andit is how it should be done in the UK.  :thup:

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=5532 time=1573586951 user_id=51
France are sensible in that respect, andit is how it should be done in the UK.  :thup:

The best of luck getting agreement about introducing ID cards.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=5529 time=1573586283 user_id=89

Now if everyone had an ID card that would be a different matter, in France for instance no ID card no vote.

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=5526 time=1573585881 user_id=51
What, you mean most fraudsters are non-Tories?  :hattip

Are you a Tory spin doctor? The Tories wish to impose very strict ID criteria which deny genuine people a vote.

The experiment proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt. Many people have no acceptable to that required in the experiment.

Now if everyone had an ID card that would be a different matter, in France for instance no ID card no vote.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=5525 time=1573585772 user_id=89
Electoral fraud has been much investigated with little found, the ID experiment denied to many people vote.

It is a ploy to decrease non-Tory votes.

What, you mean most fraudsters are non-Tories?  :hattip
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=5520 time=1573584848 user_id=84
You may consider electoral fraud to be making a mountain out of a molehill. I don't!

Electoral fraud has been much investigated with little found, the ID experiment denied to many people vote.

It is a ploy to decrease non-Tory votes.

Barry

I believe the best way to combat electoral fraud is to ask for ID at the polling station. They don't even ask for the polling cards sent to you in the post.

The whole system relies on the honesty and integrity of the individual member of society, which in some cases is sadly lacking.

The sooner the government bring in a requirement to identify yourself at the polling stations, the better.

And no blokes in niqabs!  :lol:
† The end is nigh †

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=5491 time=1573575157 user_id=89
Given the date of the general election such double voting would need one to be a postal vote.

Personally I think you are making a mountain out of a non existent mole hill.

You may consider electoral fraud to be making a mountain out of a molehill. I don't!

It may well be the electoral fraud outlined in my opening post is insignificant but one of the points I am making is that, following quite some time researching the topic on the internet, it is not quantifiable.

papasmurf

Given the date of the general election such double voting would need one to be a postal vote.

Personally I think you are making a mountain out of a non existent mole hill.

Major Sinic

Students, and some others, have the right to register on the electoral register at both their University or College address and their home address. They may choose to vote at either but not at both.

It is a criminal offence to vote more than once in a UK political election although the penalty is merely a fine. The number of instances where electoral fraud has been substantiated is minute, but as the police acknowledge they will only investigate electoral fraud where there is sufficient evidence to justify the investigation.

The only evidence that you have voted is a tick entered on a list and unless there is a reason to cross check the ticks on the two lists where you have registered to vote, and this will not happen unless there are grounds to investigate. Indeed you do not even have to show any evidence whatsoever of your identity. Indeed if a neighbour or colleague knows I am away or ill, he or she can use my vote as well as their own. This leads one to believe that the likelihood of being caught in this form of electoral fraud is very low and the penalty is relatively paltry.

The reality is that we simply don't know how widespread mutlple voting is. The lack of prosecutions can not be taken as a valid measure. This can not be acceptable to anyone who holds their right to cast their single vote both as a duty and a privilege. Our woefully inadequate means of validating the right to vote and in preventing abuse of our electoral system must be reformed and urgently.