We're OUT

Started by johnofgwent, December 31, 2020, 11:02:21 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on January 01, 2021, 11:47:21 AM
im not sure whats warped , and as for history , we are discussing the eu and current events.

The snp are almost to a degree like the liberal democrats sheep. The independece movement who vote for them as i always say are a moixed bag of differing political views.

When you vote the snp , you are voting first and foremost for a party that is pro scottish indy , and secondly pro european.

Im not sure what is surprising to you about that?

If you buy a tin of blue paint , wh ywould you be surprised when you get blue paint?

They are  , and have been most of my life as far as i can rememebr , a pro european party. So whats the problem?

A pro eu party wants scotland in the eu...and this suprises you?

Its a bit of a mad statement sheep . its like me saying im surprised ukip want england out the eu. You might not like or agree with the snp , thats fair enough. To everyone else , we all know what we are voting for ( in terms of the uk and eu)when we vote them.

so im not sure what the issue is?
Well if you don't explain it who will?
Interesting perspective, when I do know a growing number of Scots find it all a little odd as well.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on January 01, 2021, 11:41:39 AM
Well, I am not anti-European only anti-EU for very good reasons as stated over the years, I am also not responsible for every political grievance felt around the world from past deeds of Parliament, or now the EU, some things I find odd, especially when they are linked to a kind of warped historical view. I understand your fight with Westminster it just seems a bit odd that somehow it has become muddled by the SNP with the EU. That was all I wanted to know.

im not sure whats warped , and as for history , we are discussing the eu and current events.

The snp are almost to a degree like the liberal democrats sheep. The independece movement who vote for them as i always say are a moixed bag of differing political views.

When you vote the snp , you are voting first and foremost for a party that is pro scottish indy , and secondly pro european.

Im not sure what is surprising to you about that?

If you buy a tin of blue paint , wh ywould you be surprised when you get blue paint?

They are  , and have been most of my life as far as i can rememebr , a pro european party. So whats the problem?

A pro eu party wants scotland in the eu...and this suprises you?

Its a bit of a mad statement sheep . its like me saying im surprised ukip want england out the eu. You might not like or agree with the snp , thats fair enough. To everyone else , we all know what we are voting for ( in terms of the uk and eu)when we vote them.

so im not sure what the issue is?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on January 01, 2021, 11:30:00 AM
She has every right to.

Scotland voted overwhelmingly remain , english politicians and their stooges in 2014 lied to scots about voting to sty in the uk to stay in the eu , so what do you expect her to do?

You might not agree with her , but she is a politicians playing politics.

I couldnt persoanlly give a feck about the eu , but i absolutely dispute your countries right to take us out of an organisation the majority want to stay in.

We are supposed to be in a union with you , a union of friends and equals , not held in a prison and treated as a servile state.

Until your politicians understand this , the union will continue to break apart as it has been doing for decades.

Didnt you learn anything about treating the irish like shite and them leaving?
Well, I am not anti-European only anti-EU for very good reasons as stated over the years, I am also not responsible for every political grievance felt around the world from past deeds of Parliament, or now the EU, some things I find odd, especially when they are linked to a kind of warped historical view. I understand your fight with Westminster it just seems a bit odd that somehow it has become muddled by the SNP with the EU. That was all I wanted to know.

Thomas

Streetwalker

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !

Thanks  for the comments ,much appreciated .

Great night , too much grog and a banging head this morning . All good now after a fry up .  Had loads of messages  from people I've  been supporting and been supported by during the campaign . The looney tunes from UKIP  pass on their thanks to everyone who has helped in anyway over the years .

Me , I was glad to do my bit . John and the BNP  ,the referendum party and then UKIP all pushed the established Parties toward Eurosceptic land and the result we achieved which a few short years ago seemed a pipe dream .
Well done to all those who challenged the europhile message of ever closer union and rejected the nonsense that is the European project and well done England at least for waking up in time .

But we move on , we start afresh . No more Brexiteer or remoaner just citizens of the United Kingdoms .  For now that will do

Happy New Year .

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on January 01, 2021, 11:24:32 AM
I don't know I am not a Scottish voter, but she has pushed this EU big time, a non stop waving of an EU flag rather than a Scottish one. Which in my mind from an outside perspective without a horse in the race, I find very odd.

She has every right to.

Scotland voted overwhelmingly remain , english politicians and their stooges in 2014 lied to scots about voting to sty in the uk to stay in the eu , so what do you expect her to do?

You might not agree with her , but she is a politicians playing politics.

I couldnt persoanlly give a feck about the eu , but i absolutely dispute your countries right to take us out of an organisation the majority want to stay in.

We are supposed to be in a union with you , a union of friends and equals , not held in a prison and treated as a servile state.

Until your politicians understand this , the union will continue to break apart as it has been doing for decades.

Didnt you learn anything about treating the irish like shite and them leaving?

Thomas

Remember as well sheep , it was the british in 2014 who made eu membership a big issue , not scottish nationalists.

Cameron knew scottish folk were by and large historically close to the europeans , our history with the french and trade with germany and the low countries , our citizenship of france which was only rescinded in 1903 and all that , and he used eu membership as a big carrot  and stick to beat scotland with.

Then two years later , he fell flat on his arse when england voted to leave the eu.

So that mightliy pissed a lot of scottish no voters from 2014 right off big time.

No one i know disputes englands right to leave the eu  as thats what england voted for , it was the whole pack of lies cameron and his labor stooges told scotland in 2014 that upset and heavily pissed a lot of people off.

My best mate was a lukewarm unionist and no voter in 2014 , who always voted labour , now he is even more anti union than me and despises labour with a passion.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on January 01, 2021, 11:12:01 AM
Not really. The usefullness of brexit for scottish nationalism was , as i always say , the issue of scotland voting differently to england and getting overruled.

Brexit and eu membership as i said way back in 2014 , wasnt a big issue on the minds of most scots . Like you with remainers , though, scottish folk dont like their vote being disrespected.

There are many in the scot indy movement who either arent fussed about the eu , or would prefer to be like norway.

Sturgeons problem is she is being seen by the indy movement as a lame duck , and too gradual.

She might find before too long she is removed  , like the old irish parliamentary party was  , and replaced with a  more hard core party like sinn fein did .

Told you before sheep , im not some wet wipe like sensitive steve who blindly follows a political party. I support scot indy first and foremost , and the snp are merely the current vehicle. I dont agree with many of their policies , and dont like some at the top of the party.

If she can't deliver scot indy , then she will be removed and another party put in place that will. Sadly for the british , i can't see ther being any return to voting for british parties in scotland any time soon.

Unionism has a mountain to climb , and so far all they are doing is stalling , and winning small but pyrrhic victories as more and more of the scottish people support independence.

Eventually scotland will leave or become ungovernable. The current status quo wont continue. I can't either think of any country in the world westminster managed to cling onto without the support of many of the people in that country.

So if krankie goes sheep , we will simply put someone else in her place.
I don't know I am not a Scottish voter, but she has pushed this EU big time, a non stop waving of an EU flag rather than a Scottish one. Which in my mind from an outside perspective without a horse in the race, I find very odd.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on January 01, 2021, 11:02:32 AM
If I understand Thomas rightly he is a freedom fighter first then he will look at the EU question second. the EU is only a means to an end.

Exactly toots. How can the eu , the  monarchy ( which is dont agree with) or any other issue be first before independence?

To deal with these issues , you have to become indy first. Otherwise if we arent independent , westminster calls the shots wether we like it or not.

At the end of the day , thats what scot indy is all about. Having scottish people in a scottish parliament accountable to the scottish public , instead of england electing our government s for us.

Exactly as you felt about foreign brussells and the eu.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on January 01, 2021, 11:00:39 AM
LOL well you will be a full on  remainer soon according to wee krankie. So maybe she wants you filling in for Gerry.  ;D

Not really. The usefullness of brexit for scottish nationalism was , as i always say , the issue of scotland voting differently to england and getting overruled.

Brexit and eu membership as i said way back in 2014 , wasnt a big issue on the minds of most scots . Like you with remainers , though, scottish folk dont like their vote being disrespected.

There are many in the scot indy movement who either arent fussed about the eu , or would prefer to be like norway.

Sturgeons problem is she is being seen by the indy movement as a lame duck , and too gradual.

She might find before too long she is removed  , like the old irish parliamentary party was  , and replaced with a  more hard core party like sinn fein did .

Told you before sheep , im not some wet wipe like sensitive steve who blindly follows a political party. I support scot indy first and foremost , and the snp are merely the current vehicle. I dont agree with many of their policies , and dont like some at the top of the party.

If she cant deliver scot indy , then she will be removed and another party put in place that will. Sadly for the british , i cant see ther being any return to voting for british parties in scotland any time soon.

Unionism has a mountain to climb , and so far all they are doing is stalling , and winning small but pyrrhic victories as more and more of the scottish people support independence.

Eventually scotland will leave or become ungovernable. The current status quo wont continue. I cant either think of any country in the world westminster managed to cling onto without the support of many of the people in that country.

So if krankie goes sheep , we will simply put someone else in her place.

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on January 01, 2021, 11:00:39 AM
LOL well you will be a full on  remainer soon according to wee krankie. So maybe she wants you filling in for Gerry.  ;D

If I understand Thomas rightly he is a freedom fighter first then he will look at the EU question second. the EU is only a means to an end.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on January 01, 2021, 10:35:51 AM

Im sure he will have cromwell , and good luck to him.

Admire the guy. Rememebr when back in the day ukip and euroscepticism , like scot indy and many others issues , were being laughed at by the predominantly labour and few tories on the old forum.

Now many of the tories if not all are brexiters , and you can't find a labour supporter for love nor money. ;D

How things change eh? ;D

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 01, 2021, 10:25:37 AM
When SW makes an appearance bet he's got a heavy head ;D

Im sure he will have cromwell , and good luck to him.

Admire the guy. Rememebr when back in the day ukip and euroscepticism , like scot indy and many others issues , were being laughed at by the predominantly labour and few tories on the old forum.

Now many of the tories if not all are brexiters , and you cant find a labour supporter for love nor money. ;D

How things change eh? ;D

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 01, 2021, 10:20:33 AM

Old farage is grinning  like a cheshire cat cromwell.

True what he is saying though , a lot of folk did laugh at him , me included , and he has had the last laugh.
When SW makes an appearance bet he's got a heavy head ;D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 01, 2021, 10:16:17 AM
No worries I was being facetious,happy new year  :D :D

QuoteNigel Farage
@Nigel_Farage
ยท
10h
25 years ago they all laughed at me.

Well, they're not laughing now.

Old farage is grinning  like a cheshire cat cromwell.

True what he is saying though , a lot of folk did laugh at him , me included , and he has had the last laugh.