Main Menu

One Jab not two

Started by T00ts, January 01, 2021, 10:17:16 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

I read a while back it was deemed around 60% efficient with one dose and 92% with two. 60% less cases seems a good start then.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on January 01, 2021, 10:17:16 AM
They have reduced the dosage to one with the follow up in 12 weeks not 3. I don't know enough about vaccines and certainly not these vaccines to make a judgement but a little cold voice in the back of my head is suggesting that in time they will say that actually one jab will be enough.

Perhaps I am being unnecessarily pessimistic but perhaps, suddenly, costs are causing panic - £25 a hit for Phizer although Oxford is less. They don't know anyway how long the vaccine will be effective and again I have a chilling thought that in the end if numbers start to drop and they think they can get away with it we will simply turn into one big experiment with the single dose.

I understand the argument for more rather than half the numbers with complete cover but once again 'buy cheap buy twice' comes into my mind. Perhaps they think that in time those who have had one dose of the expensive jab can be topped up with the Oxford one. It still leaves us as Guinea pigs.

Im not sure of all the ins and outs of this toots , all i know is they need to stop any squabbling or dithering and get the vaccine into as many people as quickly as possible.

On a personal level i frankly coudnt care less , i havent been worried or hysterical about this whole covid episode since it started. I was concerned in the beginning , but as time went on i became completely numb to it.

We dont want to hear anymore bullshit from any politicians , they need to get the finger out and get society back to normal. Im not sure how much more of all this the public are going to put up with  , and the brother in law is saying the same about France.

People have done their bit , and they have had enough now.

The vaccines are there , its now down to the politicians to provide health services with the means , whatever the financial cost , to get this rolled out and rolled out as quick as possible so we can start rebuilding our businesses and society at large.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

They have reduced the dosage to one with the follow up in 12 weeks not 3. I don't know enough about vaccines and certainly not these vaccines to make a judgement but a little cold voice in the back of my head is suggesting that in time they will say that actually one jab will be enough.

Perhaps I am being unnecessarily pessimistic but perhaps, suddenly, costs are causing panic - £25 a hit for Phizer although Oxford is less. They don't know anyway how long the vaccine will be effective and again I have a chilling thought that in the end if numbers start to drop and they think they can get away with it we will simply turn into one big experiment with the single dose.

I understand the argument for more rather than half the numbers with complete cover but once again 'buy cheap buy twice' comes into my mind. Perhaps they think that in time those who have had one dose of the expensive jab can be topped up with the Oxford one. It still leaves us as Guinea pigs.