Ferrier charged with covid breach

Started by Streetwalker, January 04, 2021, 07:37:55 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

I think the ever-present stress caused by covid-19 and also by the necessary restrictions is bound to affect people's mental health.

That manifests in different ways. I see people's reactions to covid-19 as a kind of slow-motion version of the'fight or flight' response. The 'fight' is manifested by people who want to carry on as normal, resisting restrictions and claiming lockdown drives them mad.  'Flight' is when people are the opposite, they want to stay isolated and their mental health is affected more by pressures to break their isolation, e.g. going to shop for essentials.

And this is before we even think about the possible clinical effects on mental health caused by actually having the disease.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 05, 2021, 08:52:01 AM
Do you think its a side effect of covid ?  The whole world will end up going mad and we end up living in some sort of Zombie Armageddon where those of us that are left  will do battle for  the end of days .

Or maybe anyone that owns a lap top should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time  :)

What worries me is the sheer number of idiots who believe the lies, propaganda and false news being disseminated.
One web page I look at the blogger seems to have gone stark staring bonkers in the last few weeks.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 05, 2021, 08:40:52 AM
Large parts of the internet and internet forums as well.

Do you think its a side effect of covid ?  The whole world will end up going mad and we end up living in some sort of Zombie Armageddon where those of us that are left  will do battle for  the end of days .

Or maybe anyone that owns a lap top should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time  :)

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 04, 2021, 09:20:26 PM
. Madness seems to be overtaking large parts of the world...

Large parts of the internet and internet forums as well.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Seen some posters elsewhere applauding her being charged — in other threads they're claiming Covid's a hoax. Madness seems to be overtaking large parts of the world...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HDQQ

With regard to covid-19, some people go into denial that they might be infected with it - sometimes even people who supported the restrictions and took all the precautions behave this way.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 04, 2021, 07:37:55 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9112049/MP-Margaret-Ferrier-charged-Scotland-connection-Covid-breach.html

Well about time to .  MP Margret Ferrier (remember her ?)  is charged with reckless conduct for traveling from London to Scotland after testing positive
Hmm she should be joined by Cummings so in reality she's being unfairly treated,still it's start
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9112049/MP-Margaret-Ferrier-charged-Scotland-connection-Covid-breach.html

Well about time to .  MP Margret Ferrier (remember her ?)  is charged with reckless conduct for traveling from London to Scotland after testing positive