Polls and predicted seats

Started by Borchester, November 13, 2019, 07:04:30 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=5978 time=1573815489 user_id=62
There is no need to be in awe. Just stop believing Tory lies, which can best be defined as anything that Pappy disagrees with.

Actually the Tories have other than Theresa May and Boris Johnson throwing insults at Corbyn from the dispatch box are being quiet about it.

I suspect that is because they knew they could not keep their Islamophobia problem from going public forever.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Churchill post_id=5972 time=1573814305 user_id=69
I am in total awe of your well researched first hand unbiased knowledge that nobody else has the acumen to uncover I really am :roll:  :lol:

There is no need to be in awe. Just stop believing Tory lies, which can best be defined as anything that Pappy disagrees with.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=5972 time=1573814305 user_id=69
I am in total awe of your well researched first hand unbiased knowledge that nobody else has the acumen to uncover I really am :roll:  :lol:

No awe is necessary if people did not think the crap, propaganda and lies they get bombarded with by the press/media was the truth, and took a little time to check for themselves they would soon find out they are being conned.

Like it is somewhat difficult to Corbyn to have laid a wreath on the graves of terrorists when those terrorists are buried in a different country or have no known grave because Mossad "offed them," and the whereabouts of the bodies are unknown.

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=5959 time=1573805291 user_id=69
Perhaps you should start your own website to tell us lesser mortals who do not possess your in-depth skills

No in depth skills are necessary, it merely needs systematic scepticism and bullshit and lies becomes obvious.

For a start one day in the press  Corbyn is a terrorist the next day he is a pacifist and that alternates on a regular basis.

The other accusations just do not stand up to close scrutiny. If Leveson were to be implemented the press would not be able to get away with it.

I don't blame people for believing the bullshit and lies, it is the purveyors of it who need sorting and legal measure need to be introduced to do so.

One glaring example of obvious bullshit outside of the Corbyn issue was "generations of families who have never worked."

The first time that was used I knew it was nonsense, because for that to be accurate someone would need to access the un-anonymised census records which have a 100 year block on access. That would end up with whoever did it in jail.

"generations of families who have never worked." was researched by academics who likened it to  "Hunting the Yeti and shooting zombies"

MACDONALD, R., Shildrick, T., and Furlong, A., (2013) 'In search of 'intergenerational cultures of worklessness': Hunting the Yeti and shooting zombies', Critical Social Policy, 26, September.

Churchill

Perhaps you should start your own website to tell us lesser mortals who do not possess your in-depth skills or have lived very sheltered lives with little experience of the big bad world what media sources papers live news we should not read or listen to where we have been going wrong all these years

It really would be helpful to know which ones are true and accurate with no bias, what is sheer propaganda and which is not,yours or theirs !!!
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=5950 time=1573772570 user_id=84
You are so predictable. Whenever you disagree with facts which are extensively documented and proven, you falsely describe them as lies and propaganda. Whenever people disagree with them you come up with your favourite insult and suggest they suffer from'cognitive dissonance'. You really are the number one bigot on this forum. You won't have noticed, and if you had you would say it was propaganda and lies, but Labour and the Libdems are also making cock-ups, but as the one person on this forum suffering from 'cognitive dissonance' that fact will have passed you by.

The propaganda and lies is extensive and upon close inspection  shows up as that. The Goebbels principle applies tell a lie often enough and people will believe it.

That you have been fooled like many others into believing it is how propaganda works.

By the way if you want to see a bigot look in the mirror.

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=5930 time=1573764973 user_id=89
Actually I suspect in the not too distant future people will be extremely sorry they swallowed the propaganda and  lies about Corbyn, hook, line, and sinker.

Professor Sir John Curtice said the party's ongoing slump in Scotland meant the best Jeremy Corbyn could hope for is to lead a minority government.

He also claimed that the election was now a "binary contest" between a majority Tory government delivering Brexit and a Labour-led coalition calling a second EU referendum.

It seem he has come to the same conclusions as a lot of other people. I would also point out the number of Tory cock-ups is increasing with a month still to go.

You are so predictable. Whenever you disagree with facts which are extensively documented and proven, you falsely describe them as lies and propaganda. Whenever people disagree with them you come up with your favourite insult and suggest they suffer from'cognitive dissonance'. You really are the number one bigot on this forum. You won't have noticed, and if you had you would say it was propaganda and lies, but Labour and the Libdems are also making cock-ups, but as the one person on this forum suffering from 'cognitive dissonance' that fact will have passed you by.

Barry

Quote from: Churchill post_id=5929 time=1573764643 user_id=69
It is going to be interesting to see if the Brexit Party win any seats, and if they do how many

Consider how many seats in Parliament UKIP held, then consider that Brexit is half done, diminishing their raison d'etre and you'll probably come up with the result - zero.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=5933 time=1573765510 user_id=69
I will be extremely sorry if he wins ,

Who? Boris?

Churchill

I will be extremely sorry if he wins , I think millions more will be when they see how inept he and his string pullers really are

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=5925 time=1573764249 user_id=84
 the fact that Corbyn hadn't at that time been shown as the terrorist supporting, anti-semite that he has, certainly in the minds of most non-Labour voters, shown himself beyond all reasonable doubt, to be.

Actually I suspect in the not too distant future people will be extremely sorry they swallowed the propaganda and  lies about Corbyn, hook, line, and sinker.

Professor Sir John Curtice said the party's ongoing slump in Scotland meant the best Jeremy Corbyn could hope for is to lead a minority government.

He also claimed that the election was now a "binary contest" between a majority Tory government delivering Brexit and a Labour-led coalition calling a second EU referendum.

It seem he has come to the same conclusions as a lot of other people. I would also point out the number of Tory cock-ups is increasing with a month still to go.

Churchill

It is going to be interesting to see if the Brexit Party win any seats, and if they do how many

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=5585 time=1573629688 user_id=89
Anyone who thinks they can predict the outcome of the General Election is deluded.

Perhaps an accurate prophecy accurate to +/- 1%  by party and region might not be possible but Sir John Curtice, a political scientist, currently Professor of Politics at Strathclyde University and widely acknowledged as the UK's top polling guru, has predicted that Labour have an almost zero chance of winning a majority on the 12th December. He also observes that if the Conservative Party remain on the current average lead of 10 points they will win a considerable majority.

As a Tory and a Leaver I do find this most encouraging.

Nevertheless it was Harold Wilson who observed that 'a week is a long time in politics'. The 2017 GE certainly bore that out, but it was probably down to what was surely the worst GE campaign the Tories have ever fought, coupled with the fact that Corbyn hadn't at that time been shown as the terrorist supporting, anti-semite that he has, certainly in the minds of most non-Labour voters, shown himself beyond all reasonable doubt, to be.

Churchill

I agree there is no coming back from Brexit personally I don't want a return to it, we were not even asked if we wanted to go in lock stock and barrel in the first place.

I personally think if Labour win the forthcoming GE they will do far more long term damage to well being of many in the UK and its economy within months far more than Brexit may do, Lib Dems the same