EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes

Started by papasmurf, January 04, 2021, 08:49:38 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2021, 06:54:11 PM
Well he was in the RAF then but as usual you get it all wrong the first German jet aircraft flew in 1939.
Well to be correct the first jet aircraft flew and was made in Germany, it Ran successfully in '37 and flew in '39.Ahead of Whittle on both occasions. Designed and completed by a German, but some seem to think an English man invented the Jet Engine. It all started in the '20's by a French man, finished off by a German man, Hans von Ohain.
Why claim something that isn't true.

T00ts

I hadn't realised that the sky has apparently fallen in Eire.  Union Flag

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 06:10:24 PM
If he was around in '37 he could have watch the German Jet plane fly.
Well he was in the RAF then but as usual you get it all wrong the first German jet aircraft flew in 1939.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 06:06:59 PM
No it's amazing you don't see the parallel with the jet engine

Not at all, Tolkien was English also.

Now that Brexit is done, if your here just to stir it up you know where the door is.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2021, 05:49:59 PMMy old man saw it though not flying,just wonder at an aeroplane with no prop before he was posted overseas.
If he was around in '37 he could have watch the German Jet plane fly.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 05:56:13 PM
Ha Ha, Harry Potter! The whole thing was plagiarised near enough from start to finish, The strange character is a direct rip-off of Gollum, Hagrid is Gandalf and there are hundreds of other things that she stole.
Amazing that you think it an original :)
No it's amazing you don't see the parallel with the jet engine

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 05:23:00 PMFrank Whittles engine was a centrifugal Jet, a million miles away from the French design which was an axial design, and was never built because they knew it would not work.
But you just ignore the facts and go about your business of dissing anything English.
What nonsense are you spouting, axial and centrifugal !  The principal was a compressed gas mixed with fuel, ignited and expeled over a turbine to create (axial rotation and thus a centrifugal force) thrust. Look there was many great UK inventions, whatever they were. Not the greatest in the world but still pretty good. This isn't really one of them, you could claim it's a UK invention by saying it had a 'made in the uk' stamped on it, the others didn't have that.
it wasn't built because the technology wasn't available for the compressor in '21. Whittles didn't build one in the '20's either, It was 1937, much later.
And Germany's Hans von Ohain produced the first world flyable jet engine aircraft in '37, so what the hell did Whittle actually do, because it wasn't his idea, he didn't get the first patent and he didn't produce the first flying jet aircraft ?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 05:49:20 PMHarry Potter was pretty good

Ha Ha, Harry Potter! The whole thing was plagiarised near enough from start to finish, The strange character is a direct rip-off of Gollum, Hagrid is Gandalf and there are hundreds of other things that she stole.
Amazing that you think it an original :) 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 05:23:00 PM
Frank Whittles engine was a centrifugal Jet, a million miles away from the French design which was an axial design, and was never built because they knew it would not work.
But you just ignore the facts and go about your business of dissing anything English.
My old man saw it though not flying,just wonder at an aeroplane with no prop before he was posted overseas.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2021, 04:59:39 PM
Nil points for imagination and stupid eh Gerry? well that's kids for you we had no games consoles or computers just an old sidecar and this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_into_Space so whatever it is fact based and if stupid as stupid as your never ending bitter hatred of all things English and your obsession with us leaving your beloved eu.
I never said your spaceship was stupid, I said your comment was. Trying to rubbish and disregard what a french man did as worthless. It's not everything about England, Harry Potter was pretty good and I do like Attenborough, Darwin, Newton, Hawking all great men. But I once read the most famous British person, voted for by the UK and it was Churchill hahahhaha, I got a great laugh there.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 03:55:09 PM
You said the most influential, does that not include the influence as described, or do you prefer to cherry pick, just look at the positives.
The facts, the PIRA came into being in '69 as the Protestant and Police force as you say were kicking 7 bells out of them, more difficult when the police take a side. When the British Army arrived the Catholics were thrilled as they thought the Army would protect them, little did they know. It went from having 7 bells kicked out of them to 12 bells, as British subjects it's not what you expect your Army to do. But it was probably in '72 when 13 people were killed and many more injured after members of the Army's Parachute Regiment opened fire on civil rights demonstrators, nothing to do with PIRA. At that point the PIRA really got stuck in, their targets - Police and Army.
As you put it 'Mr Frenchy' did have a patent on a design which compressed air with turbines and mixing with fuel and igniting to cause expansion and thrust. I did read if the UK patent had found the original French one that the UK one would have been in breach, but I really couldn't be bother digging it out. If you can't see a compressor, turbine blades etc in that drawing then there's no point discussing it. Have you look at the description of the patent or just a single drawing

How's you patent going, you'd want to rush now as you've posted your design on a public forum, I'm sure you'll be granted a patent though, lots of technical detail there.   I do like the drawing though.
Way to go though, claiming an original idea for the UK, when a patent was registered yrs before. I wonder where he got the idea from.

Frank Whittles engine was a centrifugal Jet, a million miles away from the French design which was an axial design, and was never built because they knew it would not work.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 04:01:10 PM
Your proving my point, with your stupid spaceship comment, just like Nick's time machine that takes him from 2021 to 2021. Nil points for imagination.
Your trying to rubbish the idea that a french man came up with the idea before someone in the UK.
Am I not supposed to be some sad guy in a bed-sit in England, am I now back to being an Irishman.
Nil points for imagination and stupid eh Gerry? well that's kids for you we had no games consoles or computers just an old sidecar and this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_into_Space so whatever it is fact based and if stupid as stupid as your never ending bitter hatred of all things English and your obsession with us leaving your beloved eu.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2021, 04:08:22 PM
TBH Gerry I'm long past caring who or where you are,all I know is you hate the Englsh.
Well like some like to say I'm actually English and you like to say I hate the English. No matter how long you say it doesn't make either true. Just like that muppet Johnson, no matter how much he says Brexit is a great achievement and the UK will be 'great again', he can say it till the cows come home, it's just not true.
What would be accurate would be to say about me is believe the people of the past, especially those from the UK (GB/England-whatever tag you want to put on it) have  a lot to answer for. It wasn't just the UK many other countries were just as bad. But most countries have earned from that and want to move forward, they are entitled to be proud of their country but that must be balanced with the shame also. You don't see Germans going on about the good old days of German dominance and how things were so much better back then. It's why you see them sharing decisions in the EU equally with smaller countries, something the UK seems totally unable to comprehend.
So yes, when talking of the past I have little to nothing good to say about the UK, but hate is too strong a word, maybe if I felt that way about the people of the UK today, but I don't.
I do despair when I hear people talking about the good old days, nothing good about them. The UK has chosen it's path and time will tell how it will pan out.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 04:01:10 PM
Your proving my point, with your stupid spaceship comment, just like Nick's time machine that takes him from 2021 to 2021. Nil points for imagination.
Your trying to rubbish the idea that a french man came up with the idea before someone in the UK.
Am I not supposed to be some sad guy in a bed-sit in England, am I now back to being an Irishman.
TBH Gerry I'm long past caring who or where you are,all I know is you hate the Englsh.

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on January 06, 2021, 03:27:21 PMI doubt it Gerry. You have a quite heroic ability not to wonder or check anything

The Mau Mau uprising was seven years after Adolf took earlier retirement in the Chancellery bunker.

Agh, so you lot took the Idea from Hitler. You couldn't even come up with your own way to kill the locals, you had to copy Germany on that one.
Nick will be along anytime now to show how the UK did in fact invent the concentration camp as Germany never had a patent.