EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes

Started by papasmurf, January 04, 2021, 08:49:38 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on January 07, 2021, 10:02:30 AM
M&S will have to change their business model. Companies need to adapt to the situation. M&S import nearly all their clothes from Asia, so how difficult is it to arrange deliveries to Paris, Madrid etc.
The problem seems to be food exports from the UK, M&S need to have all the paperwork/customs declarations and in cases vet inspections, it seems their not prepared. A friend said in a local M&S store to him there was a notice apologising for the bare shelves and saying it was "...due to unforseen circumstances"   :D :D :D

Quote from: Barry on January 07, 2021, 10:02:30 AMMeanwhile, we are finding some wrong ones as lorries entering the UK, the drivers are trying to avoid the mini visa and some lorries are not roadworthy.
Another win. Keep death off the roads.
Is that anything to do with Brexit, surely the road worthiness of a vehicle was as much a requirement 10 days ago as it was today ?
Whats the mini visa

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on January 07, 2021, 03:04:58 PM
+That ain't no cut, more like a pimple.
Well this is more what I was thinking about, not that a number of petrol stations and motorway food halls will be loosing business

https://www.reuters.com/article/britain-eu-bailey/update-1-eu-may-ask-too-high-a-price-for-financial-services-trade-boe-warns-idUSL8N2JH3GK

On 1st Jan this business left the UK.
European daily share trading worth 6 billion euros ($7.36 billion) left the City of London for the continent this week in the first tangible sign of Brexit's impact on Britain's 130 billion-pound ($176 billion) finance industry.

Costing this amout of jobs
Bailey said between 5,000 and 7,000 financial services jobs had already left Britain for the EU - fewer than some forecasters had feared, though the process was not over.

And your Bank of England Governor doesn't see why the EU would refuse London access to EU markets, has he been living under a rock ?  Within 18mths far more financial business will have moved from the UK as the extension the EU gave in a number of financial sectors will run out.  It's prob not his fault, his parents prob fed him on English Exceptionalism and a sense of greater importance.
"I fail to see why people would want to close themselves off from open markets," Bailey said.

But nobody here is interested.

But you do have the rock !

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on January 07, 2021, 02:59:07 PM
It's more of a death by a thousand cuts than BOOM!!

But you have the rock !
+That ain't no cut, more like a pimple.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on January 07, 2021, 02:38:19 PM
Hardly the sky falling in though is it? ;D

It's more of a death by a thousand cuts than BOOM!!

But you have the rock !

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 09:13:54 PM
We've been left over a year.
Not been members for a year  — for most people nothing changed by agreement. It's only now that changes are beginning to kick in...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on January 07, 2021, 10:02:30 AM
M&S will have to change their business model. Companies need to adapt to the situation. M&S import nearly all their clothes from Asia, so how difficult is it to arrange deliveries to Paris, Madrid etc.

Meanwhile, we are finding some wrong ones as lorries entering the UK, the drivers are trying to avoid the mini visa and some lorries are not roadworthy.

To say nothing of the HUGE drop in pollution of villages in North and West Wales as lorries that would previously have used the UK as a cheap, road tax free land bridge between Eire / NI and mainland Europe now find the paperwork so much of a pisser they drive onto a DFDS seaways ferry that sails from Ireland to mainland Europe, avoiding us altogether.

Greta Thunbergs thugs are caring into their rootbeer. The roadside pollution stations they demanded set up to beat us about the head with are going to record this drop in pollution and we can throw her thugs off the white cliffs and get on with our lives

Massive win for us
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Meanwhile, we are finding some wrong ones as lorries entering the UK, the drivers are trying to avoid the mini visa and some lorries are not roadworthy.

† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on January 06, 2021, 07:05:54 PM
I hadn't realised that the sky has apparently fallen in Eire.  Union Flag
Not yet toots, not yet.  We've seemingly lost a rock 260 miles north of Donegal, pity as we were planning on setting up a carbon neutral holiday park out there. We've also lost some fish but we gained a load of banks, all in all I think we're up.

You have to love this one though
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/brexit-causes-food-shortages-in-france
According to a number of reports, like above France now has a food shortage, now that's a spectacular misrepresentation of whats actually happening. M&S can't get their food out of the UK to stock their EU (France in above but it's happening in Dublin also) stores. Unlike Tesco who use suppliers in each country, M&S tend to ship from the UK to all its stores. The real story, M&S in danger as it finds with Brexit it can't stock it's EU stores, lets wait see how that goes.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 10:41:45 PM
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/qanda_20_104

There's only one person talking nonsense here Gerry and it's you.
Anything constructive to add or we're done.
Your really hard work Nick, from your link

[/quote]When the United Kingdom leaves the European Union on 31 January 2020, after full ratification of the Withdrawal Agreement, we will enter into the transition period. This time-limited period was agreed as part of the Withdrawal Agreement and will last until at least 31 December 2020. Until then, it will be business as usual for citizens, consumers, businesses, investors, students and researchers in both the EU and the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom will no longer be represented in the EU institutions, agencies, bodies and offices but EU law will still apply in the United Kingdom until the end of the transition period.[/quote]

Honestly, don't let on you didn't know, all of 2020 the UK was effectively in the EU, bar voting rights. You left that 6 day ago. What don't you understand, the effect happens after you leave. 6 days and counting.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 10:36:05 PM
Left as in out of the EU SM/CU arrangements and on your own. I know you left a yr ago but you stayed in transition. Like sailing the ship around inside the harbour. You only left that 6 days ok. But you know that. Just typically missing the point and talking nonsense.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/qanda_20_104

There's only one person talking nonsense here Gerry and it's you.
Anything constructive to add or we're done.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 09:13:54 PM
Left as in out of the EU SM/CU arrangements and on your own. I know you left a yr ago but you stayed in transition. Like sailing the ship around inside the harbour. You only left that 6 days ok. But you know that. Just typically missing the point and talking nonsense.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 09:12:40 PM
Without repeating myself Brexit has only just started. You've only left 6 days, before that you were still an EU member.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 06:45:48 PM
Not at all, Tolkien was English also.

Now that Brexit is done, if your here just to stir it up you know where the door is.
Without repeating myself Brexit has only just started. You've only left 6 days, before that you were still an EU member.